Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of buying a VERY high PoS coin like 10K?  (Read 1757 times)
anonEmouse (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:16:28 AM

This post just got deleted from the 10K experiment thread... they didn't like it apparantly Grin

Week 1 Bubba puts in 1 btc at 88K sats for some coins because there are only 100K of them (limited supply to begin with).

First Month: Bubba is rubbing his hands together he's now minted well over a million coins from his original stash... strangely though they are now worth less than 1 btc even though he has more.

1 Year Later : Amazingly Bubba has minted 300 billion coins the original purchase, he must be rich...  Bubba runs to he exchange to check latest prices only to find out his beloved coin became so worthless it got delisted.

Nvm

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:21:58 AM

I dont fully understand how these can hold value. common sense to me says they cant, best case scenario you come back a year later and your coins have a buying power the same as when you started. in this case that the dude with the 20,000 Zaimbabwean dollar bill is worth $50 bucks USD lets imagine this is transferrable as an example for 10K coin. If the blockchain maintained the same marketcap, those 20,000 example worth 50 US dollars would turn into 200 million coins. instead of being worth .0025 cents, theyd be worth .00000025 cents. at some point you wouldnt even be able to transfer against LTC.
then again maybe im wrong. printing money has worked well for countries in the past... (or something) lulz

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:47:19 AM

You are buying shit pos altcoin! Why not try the promising, potential ones, such peer coin, NXT , mint coin etc.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 02:54:56 AM

I really love that 10k coin such a great idea the dev is really clever why cant all devs be as clever as him  Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Wink Cheesy Tongue spots! oh dear.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:22:16 AM

I dont fully understand how these can hold value. common sense to me says they cant, best case scenario you come back a year later and your coins have a buying power the same as when you started. in this case that the dude with the 20,000 Zaimbabwean dollar bill is worth $50 bucks USD lets imagine this is transferrable as an example for 10K coin. If the blockchain maintained the same marketcap, those 20,000 example worth 50 US dollars would turn into 200 million coins. instead of being worth .0025 cents, theyd be worth .00000025 cents. at some point you wouldnt even be able to transfer against LTC.
then again maybe im wrong. printing money has worked well for countries in the past... (or something) lulz

ahaha,

I already made FistZimbabweCoin at 100,000% per year but never got around to launching it.

Super high inflation would probably work with a cap on the reward per Block.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:38:11 AM

ahaha,

I already made FistZimbabweCoin at 100,000% per year but never got around to launching it.

Super high inflation would probably work with a cap on the reward per Block.

HAHAHA! Super high inflation does NOT work a cap on the reward per block.

Also, FYI, that is a TERRIBLE font selection on that coin Grin

Yes it does

Just add a subsidylimit at whatever you want the maximum per Block you want it to be and eventually as it grows all POS Blocks will pay that amount like Byzantine mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: