Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:51:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Socialized Medicine  (Read 3662 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 12:57:31 AM

I have wealth because I provide services or goods and people pay me for it. Compulsory charity is tyranny and nobody gets to browbeat me into throwing my money into a tyrannical pit.

I don't have health insurance, I don't need nor want to be covered and then receive borderline malpractice and live in hell like everyone I know who receives regular non-emergent western medical care. I am also a strategically risky person and have never been to (or by any stretch of the imagination, needed) the ER for anything, not even a broken bone or sutures. I don't feel ripped off paying in cash for stuff like nevus removal or stuck earwax irrigation/removal (those were a looong time ago). And if my luck or risk strategies run out, I will pay the consequences, bankruptcy or DNR.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 12:58:40 AM

Medical care is no different, it can be provided cheaply, and efficiently, by doctors competing to get your business. Heh. I've noticed Walmart is absorbing other services, as well (my local one has a bank, an optometrist's, and a hair stylist in it, not to mention the McDonalds and arcade) Imagine if Walmart opened a medical clinic over by the pharmacy?

It would be nice if it was the situation. But right now, you got millions of people without health insurance, and you NEED to cover them. You're gambling with your human potential for money and political reasons. Insure them, whatever the cost is. You can pay yourself a war in Irak that gives nothing back? I'm pretty sure you can pay for health insurance that certainly gives a return. If the businesses can't fill the hole, the government has to.

But that's the problem, and the addiction that I spoke of before. Other people's money is a powerful drug, and one that eventually kills the addict. You can either quit cold turkey, but the withdrawal is a bitch, and is almost as bad as keeping on the same way. Agorism is the other option, think of it like a 12-step for OPM.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: