Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:25:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a bad feeling (we might 'never' see this cheap coins again) :(  (Read 2382 times)
8up (OP)

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:56:42 AM

After a long and bumpy decline for almost 14 month, I might be finally wrong with my expectation of coins around $120. -> This would have given me the opportunity to reach my intended bitcoin holdings.

Wish I had bought more at $160. Am I to late to the party?

For some more days I will try to stay calm. No buying, just observing. Something is in the air.

What do you think? How are your feelings at your current dollar (long) vs. bitcoin (long) positions?

Always wrong until not.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 12:14:10 PM

Fact is we will never know when is the right time to buy. Even with my gut feeling telling it's "yes" or when the chart and order book volume tell me that "now is the time", eventually it could still be wrong. Anyway, just spread your risk and buy small and have it distribute at different price level. this way you will average out.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:16:34 PM

Fact is we will never know when is the right time to buy. Even with my gut feeling telling it's "yes" or when the chart and order book volume tell me that "now is the time", eventually it could still be wrong. Anyway, just spread your risk and buy small and have it distribute at different price level. this way you will average out.
Best piece of advice in my opinion.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:16:25 PM

This is just a lull in the long march towards $20. There are still outstanding stolen coins in the tens of thousands to be sold. Chinese miners selling their coins as fast they mine them. Merchants unloading coins as fast as they come in. 2014 saw a long decline from 1200 to 200. It won't be as drastic as 2014 but 2015 will see a long decline from 200 to 20.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:35:16 PM

however with new money coming in from the US the price is likely to increase,...

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:40:55 PM

This is just a lull in the long march towards $20. There are still outstanding stolen coins in the tens of thousands to be sold. Chinese miners selling their coins as fast they mine them. Merchants unloading coins as fast as they come in. 2014 saw a long decline from 1200 to 200. It won't be as drastic as 2014 but 2015 will see a long decline from 200 to 20.

well assuming you are correct then difficulty will adjust and my asic miners go back on..and my frigging LTC miner will go like hell making coin
also as a result

I started at 150 coin oct 2013 we can go to that and below .....assuming difficulty adjusts...the question at that point then becomes

will? bitcoin survive the bounce to go back to a sustainable (more or less) amount to continue with its acceptance and/or growth....or would it die on the vine?

No idea....but hey I'm holding long term if it wants to bounce way down and come back like it has in the past...i have the miners hitched up and waiting to go

(might be worth it just to see those large data halls 'go bankrupt'...like KNC .....this again assuming Bitcoin does its usual (as in the past) bounce back from the 'dead'

no idea...i placed my bet will see (if it is as dire as $20 coin damn..maybe i should have bought that 550gh jupiter on ebay with shipping for $80 bucks huh?)

wtf it started out as a 'hobby' it can go back ...worse case I will be known as the bitcoin king and have all the bitcoin (much like the current beanie baby king
there was an article about him someplace) ...and/or I could then become a 'tulip farmer' ..endless possiblities bitcoin gives us huh? Smiley : )

*hey don't toss stuff at me in bitcointalk 'ducks')

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Giggs

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:58:15 PM

Why do you have a bad feeling? Surely this is a good thing and if you feel like this just buy some more coins before it happens.
8up (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:50:07 PM

Why do you have a bad feeling? Surely this is a good thing and if you feel like this just buy some more coins before it happens.

I'd like to buy more. Will wait for some days until the global picture gets clearer.

Always wrong until not.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:56:28 PM

Buyers are scared to buy because they're still afraid another big dip is coming into the low 100's and they don't want to buy and see their 'investment' cut in half soon after. On the other hand they're also afraid that the price is set to rise very quickly soon and they don't want to miss out on that, so there is a constant tension here which could snap at any moment. We saw a small taste of this during the rise to $300+ earlier, but it was followed quickly by a large dump so we're back to scared buyers and sellers who don't know what to do. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:31:44 PM

I like KISS.

The main trend is still down. The line is now at $350. The recent low is about $150. Bulls need to break that red trend line to change the trend. Meanwhile, bears are looking at $150: can it go lower?

Therefore: continuation between $150-350 until we break either line. Without facts to back it up, my feeling is that buy support is getting stronger and that a retest of $150 may hold. I do not expect breaking the red trend line before May-Sept 2015.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:45:52 PM

After a long and bumpy decline for almost 14 month, I might be finally wrong with my expectation of coins around $120. -> This would have given me the opportunity to reach my intended bitcoin holdings.

For some more days I will try to stay calm. No buying, just observing. Something is in the air.

What do you think? How are your feelings at your current dollar (long) vs. bitcoin (long) positions?

What do I think?

I think the above post is an example of some kind of convoluted self-deluding kiddology.

You have been buying Bitcoin all the way down, and are by now seriously underwater. And what you really fear is that we might never see as expensive coins as $250 BTC ever again. Admitting you have 'fears', acts in some way therapeutic for you, but by inverting the nature of those fears, you avoid having to face the stark glaring reality, that you have just made some horrendous investments.

HTH!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:55:21 PM

Lolwut?
Are you watching the charts?
We are still crashing, and it's accelerating as we speak, we will be below $200 within 12 hours probably, big volume of dumps happening and growing.
Very likely to hit $150 upcoming week.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
8up (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:05:34 PM

What do I think?

I think the above post is an example of some kind of convoluted self-deluding kiddology.

You have been buying Bitcoin all the way down, and are by now seriously underwater. And what you really fear is that we might never see as expensive coins as $250 BTC ever again. Admitting you have 'fears', acts in some way therapeutic for you, but by inverting the nature of those fears, you avoid having to face the stark glaring reality, that you have just made some horrendous investments.

HTH!

Maybe you are right with the therapeutic thing. Smiley

Since the time of a big loss (Mt. Gox), I have had the goal to restore my original balance. For the last two month I saw this chance in cheaper coins. Now I am not sure anymore, if I will be able to accomplish my goal without trading on a regular basis or investing more - both risks I don't want to take.

BTW: I am far from underwater coins.

Always wrong until not.
8up (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:16:19 PM

Lolwut?
Are you watching the charts?
We are still crashing, and it's accelerating as we speak, we will be below $200 within 12 hours probably, big volume of dumps happening and growing.
Very likely to hit $150 upcoming week.

I am quite sure, all of the intelligent people in here (including you) know, that cards are reshuffled atm. I gladly will buy coins for $120! -> My post is all about the feeling, that this will (unfortunately) not happen.

Always wrong until not.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:52:43 PM

I am quite sure, all of the intelligent people in here (including you) know, that cards are reshuffled atm. I gladly will buy coins for $120! -> My post is all about the feeling, that this will (unfortunately) not happen.

oh it will happen alright.

don't you worry about that.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
8up (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:57:42 PM

oh it will happen alright.

don't you worry about that.

about what exactly?

Always wrong until not.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:13:24 PM

Dirt cheap coins is a thing of the past. We will not see sub $100 ever again. The next peak will be well over $1000, the new cheap is $250 which is now. Anyone still on the sidelines needs to reconsider their expectations.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:16:59 PM

when is HAMMER TIME then is time to buy.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:23:22 PM

Buyers are scared to buy because they're still afraid another big dip is coming into the low 100's and they don't want to buy and see their 'investment' cut in half soon after. On the other hand they're also afraid that the price is set to rise very quickly soon and they don't want to miss out on that, so there is a constant tension here which could snap at any moment. We saw a small taste of this during the rise to $300+ earlier, but it was followed quickly by a large dump so we're back to scared buyers and sellers who don't know what to do. Tongue

i think that pretty much sums up the bitcoin market. however, because i am in position to grow more if bitcoin goes up or down then is safe to say that bitcoin will trade range bound between 210 and 230 from here on out forever.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:37:16 PM

This is just a lull in the long march towards $20.

Are you nuts? 20 $/btc is meaning only 72k $ worth Bitcoins are mined per day. You really think Bitcoin is such weak? No way it's going under 150 $.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: