Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why NXT is such at low price if it's that amazing ? :((((((((  (Read 3479 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:36:24 AM

^
The major difference between Nxt and Bitshares is, that Bitshares is about making money (nothing else) whereas Nxt is about improving the original idea of Bitcoin.
Bitshares is a company, Nxt is a philosophy.

I made my decision (and goddam I can sleep like a baby  Wink )
Both of them have the same intentions but bitshares has a concept which nxt cant emulate which is being able to earn via a consensus protocol via voting. Thus innovation will be alot faster going fwd with bitshares because of incentives to do work and do good. Technically they are equal right now and price showsthat however its all about potential and non priced in development which bitshares will win IMO easily.. this year will be interesting.

Did someone say voting... www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhJgz6hpHXg
Nxt has a voting system on the way.

I really don't quite get the bitshares mentality, so I say that I'm going to do something, then people vote for me and I get free money from the system.
At nxt you would just create something and then people will send you donations if they think its worth developing further, or the person can start an asset and sell it to make any money that they would need.

Yup u could also create and sell the asset in bitshares but the delegate consensus is a more formalized process that is easy for anyone to understand.. Also you dont create and get paid you get paid over time thus if you stop developmenta or updates you get fired.. The way the world works.

For example i created over 10 shopping cart payment gateways for bitshares source here: http://github.com/sidhujag
I gave updates and got paid along the way.. No need to create an asset for some random job thats just stupid and illogical.. No need to work for months without pay hoping for donations again that doesnt work....

Did you see anywhere in there of me getting free money? No i worked and earned it.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:11:29 AM

@sidhujag

I'm under the impression since 2013 that Bitshares has an Impossible trinity

It offers a market peg (bitUSD, bitBTC, etc), 5% interest on those assets (monetary policy), and free market trading at the same time.

How will it not collapse at some point?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:50:49 AM

Problem with Ripple is this:  one raid on the Ripple campus in California by the FBI and it's all over due to centralization.  Don't say it can't happen, eGold itself was raided based on circumstantial allegations of what people overseas were doing.

People will simply switch to other validators.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:15:58 AM

Price does not equal value.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
WealthyBastard

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:33:53 AM

I just farted Shocked
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:55:39 AM

Nxt is not at such a low price it is at the price the market gives it which is normally a fair price, i take it you hold quite abit of the coin and expected it to moon?

1Billion coins is alot of sell pressure and i don't see this ever going above 10k satoshi which is a shame because it is a good coin but the market has spoken for now.

Stay tuned  Shocked

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:17:57 PM

NXT is amazing, but it is undervalued because every good cryptocurrency is currently undervalued.   We are currently in a brutal bear market that is testing every coin and every community with fire.  Only the strong will survive.  Only the full feature, true 2.0 coins will emerge at the other end.  By the time this is all over, the value will have shifted from 1.0 altcoins that are nothing but glorified Bitcoin clones, like Litecoin and the hundreds of other copy alts, into the few true 2.0 coins which have their own codebases, which have assets and voting and scripting and other features.

First everything is going down, and then only the cream will rise back up. 

So to sum up class, NXT and BTS are basically a decentralized Ripple with different advantages, NXT is more decentralized and is focused on beating out XCP, Open Bazzar, eBay, and Craigs list. 
You can’t sell your bike on BitShares, but because BitShares has Ripple fast trading transactions, you can trade commodities like gold, silver, bitcoin, USD, Yuan, etc.

Excellent summary, and this shows why it is important to own some of both. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: