Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:16:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to stop using Shampoo  (Read 2666 times)
sickhouse (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:19:05 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 02:32:05 PM by sickhouse

I used to use it everyday, then I did a test. I took 5 waterproof bags, put one inside the other so I had 5 layers of waterproof plastic. Then I put it in a shampoo bottle, let it rest in there for 3 hours and guess what? The shampoo had gone through all 5 plastic layers, I realized then how harmful it's got to be for your hair and your scalp when you rub it in..
Not saying it's the same thing but looking at the Ingredients the word acid came up twice on one of the bottles, there are like 10 different chemicals in the shampoo's I've got.

Now I've got a broken foot so I have plaster from the toes to me knee on one of my legs which makes showering a real drag since the plaster can't become wet. So I shower every 3rd day, after the third shower I stopped with the shampoo half of the times. In the beginning your hair is very easy to style (yeah it gets REALLY fat) but the body is fast to adapt so after a while it's not bad at all. I can now go 7 days without shampoo without the hair getting fat.

Just thought I'd share this, it will save you money and make your hair take less damage from all the chemicals inside the shampoo.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:34:59 PM

I've used shampoo every day. My head has not melted. Ok continue on...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:36:01 PM

you use it twice a week or so not every bloody day, it's not necessary to use it more.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:41:12 PM

A teacher once at school said that you never have to wash your hair it takes care of itself.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 06:20:03 PM

Its a skin and skull with hard bone man its not a plastic bag made up of chemical  Grin Grin

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:38:14 PM

What about shower gel?

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:44:01 PM

Akbarkoe
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:18:15 PM

hemm I'v using shampo everyday
hair need that.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:10:48 PM

I used to use it everyday, then I did a test. I took 5 waterproof bags, put one inside the other so I had 5 layers of waterproof plastic. Then I put it in a shampoo bottle, let it rest in there for 3 hours and guess what? The shampoo had gone through all 5 plastic layers, I realized then how harmful it's got to be for your hair and your scalp when you rub it in.. A bit like rubbing acid on your head.

Now I've got a broken foot so I have plaster from the toes to me knee on one of my legs which makes showering a real drag since the plaster can't become wet. So I shower every 3rd day, after the third shower I stopped with the shampoo half of the times. In the beginning your hair is very easy to style (yeah it gets REALLY fat) but the body is fast to adapt so after a while it's not bad at all. I can now go 7 days without shampoo without the hair getting fat.

Just thought I'd share this, it will save you money and make your hair take less damage from all the chemicals inside the shampoo.

Natural shampoo can be better for your hair, less expensive and less costly in terms of ressources and pollution.
Callahan

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:08:12 PM

I use shampoo every 2 days, but i wash me hair everyday

Be careful.
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:01:04 AM

A teacher once at school said that you never have to wash your hair it takes care of itself.
A teacher told me the same thing, and I am already starting to notice a difference as I said in my OP. Shampoo really isn't necessary at all, but the companies wants to make an easy buck hence it exists.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:01:52 AM

I've used shampoo every day. My head has not melted. Ok continue on...
I haven't stated that your head would mealt but if it goes through 5 waterproof plastic bags how healthy can it really be for your hair/scalp?

sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:04:30 AM

I heard that washing hair daily is bad but i wouldn't go as far as to compare shampoo to acid Cheesy
I'm washing my hair 2-3 times a week and it's enough. Never had any problems with shampoos.
I said it's a BIT like washing your hair with acid, can you read between the lines? Anything that melts through that fast can't be good for you, just saying.

HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:07:01 AM

The shampoo is like acid  Shocked coming from someone who was on acid?

Once or twice a week is good enough brings out the natural oils, i tend to do it when i change my underwear.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:07:26 AM

LOL. This is really funny. Try it and see how greasy, dirty, and dandruff ridden your head gets. You might even get some vermin living on top. Yuck.

Natural soap like castile makes good shampoo. Lots of recipes on the net.

And baby shampoo is mild.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:19:09 AM

This shit is like when people put coke on raw beef and let it sit for like  a few months then freak out cause there are maggots. OH NO!

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:39:21 AM

LOL. This is really funny. Try it and see how greasy, dirty, and dandruff ridden your head gets. You might even get some vermin living on top. Yuck.

This. I tried going no poo and it was bad.
Actually my best results are with ketoconazole shampoo, which is not considered mild.
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:40:34 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 02:10:51 AM by sickhouse

This. I tried going no poo and it was bad.
Actually my best results are with ketoconazole shampoo, which is not considered mild.
Can you tell me in which way it was bad? Did you just stop using it or did you use less and less of it to eventually quit?

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:50:51 AM

You do realise that shampoo is designed to dissolve oil-based compounds (of which plastic is one example), right? That's how it cleans your hair. At the risk of stating the obvious, neither your hair nor your scalp is made of plastic. Shampoo is not very acidic, either. Why would it be? Strong acids are generally not very good at dissolving oil. They do damage your skin, of course, which is why I am puzzled by the people who eschew shampoo in favour of vinegar, which is about 1,000 times more acidic. Must be the old "if it's natural it must be harmless" logic.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
sickhouse (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:58:31 AM

You do realise that shampoo is designed to dissolve oil-based compounds (of which plastic is one example), right? That's how it cleans your hair. At the risk of stating the obvious, neither your hair nor your scalp is made of plastic. Shampoo is not very acidic, either. Why would it be? Strong acids are generally not very good at dissolving oil. They do damage your skin, of course, which is why I am puzzled by the people who eschew shampoo in favour of vinegar, which is about 1,000 times more acidic. Must be the old "if it's natural it must be harmless" logic.
I had actually no idea that it was designed for that. Thanks for the first informative post in this thread Smiley
I am still going to stop trying to use it, (or maybe use it once every month) but the way my hair is addicted to it now is just insane.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: