Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:43:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the elites plan when they get back from the island?  (Read 2628 times)
Bralex (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:33:31 AM

Most of you guys probably already know there is a private get together for the elite of the Bitcoin world i would like some opinions to what you think they are planning for when they return.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/

Will we expect a crash?

Will we get good news?

Bitcoin was meant to be decentralized and open this seems to be quite the opposite imo 

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:39:20 AM

It has been called a "Brave New World", among other things. Perhaps Bitcoin wealth will be used to fund a "kinder, gentler" United Nations?   Shocked
Do you think 'Satoshi' made it to the island meetings?

Bralex (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:48:32 AM

It has been called a "Brave New World", among other things. Perhaps Bitcoin wealth will be used to fund a "kinder, gentler" United Nations?   Shocked
Do you think 'Satoshi' made it to the island meetings?

This seems to alike to the Bilderburg group as the article states and i do not see any good to come from that, i am not a full on conspiracy theorist but i do not believe meetings behind closed doors to a select few can have any benefit to the wider community.

Maybe i am just paranoid but history shows nothing good comes from these style meetings as they are usually set up to take more control in a centralized way.

Had the same thought surely if he is still alive he must attend and save his baby, but do we believe he is even alive or cares? last log in 2010 if i remember right.

Aha the beautiful UN created after the wars to bring peace to the world in a centralized way, that has worked out wonders.

cloudthink.io   

Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:02:53 AM

Most of you guys probably already know there is a private get together for the elite of the Bitcoin world i would like some opinions to what you think they are planning for when they return.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-elite-meet-secret-island-bilderberg-style-retreat/

Will we expect a crash?

Will we get good news?

Bitcoin was meant to be decentralized and open this seems to be quite the opposite imo 

Doubt it will have negative effect on price, since we are allready down too much, but who knows, maybe there will be yet another dip before
we start going up again.
Dont be mistaken, bitcoin is decentralised, and theese kind of elites will disappear with time as bitcoin get more widespread.

cheers
Bralex (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:13:44 AM

Will we expect a crash?

Will we get good news?

Doubt it will have negative effect on price, since we are allready down too much, but who knows, maybe there will be yet another dip before
we start going up again.
Dont be mistaken, bitcoin is decentralised, and theese kind of elites will disappear with time as bitcoin get more widespread.

cheers

Thank you for you're reply guys,

Should have pointed out i am not trying to be another oh no Bitcoin is dying just curious of widespread opinions, i love BTC and genuinely a little worried that 50 or whatever suits can call it's future while doing god knows what to each other  Roll Eyes

If there is another dip i bet many of us will be buying all the way down so it will have enough support to stay above 180-200 not really a biggie.

The fact it is decentralized is why i am so into it and i am sure was why Satoshi created it, (What a legend) Where are you Satoshi come back ffs these people are trying to kidnap your baby.

Do we believe they will really disappear or just wishful thinking?

I hope they find the shadows and leave something great, well great.

Cheers

B

cloudthink.io   

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:10:41 AM

"Old-School Cypherpunk" Vinay Gupta seems to think the bitcoin foundation is not such a good thing. see near the end of this article---> https://bitcoinmagazine.com/18000/bitcoin-is-teaching-realism-to-libertarians-an-interview-with-old-school-cypherpunk-vinay-gupta/
"And then you have the Bitcoin Foundation, which is emerging naturally from the Bitcoin environment simply because it has established an economically efficient configuration. By paying the technical priesthood of Bitcoin known as the Core developers, the Foundation has created a huge amount of centralized power within a system that didn’t really start with any, which has now effectively turned it into a natural monopoly. And once you have a monopoly, it looks like a state. No wonder that the Bitcoin Foundation looks so frightening."

He goes on to suggest that we, any of us, could start another Bitcoin Foundation, or several. There's nothing stopping you.
hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:06:53 AM

conspiracy theories about this??

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:02:10 AM

Total world domination

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:05:12 AM

It's not elite if I'm not attending :^)
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:09:04 AM

Could anybody in here, just tell me, what is so bad about this meeting?
What outcome do you fear? What can this "elite"-group really do that will hurt Bitcoin so much?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:11:56 AM

Will we expect a crash?

Will we get good news?

Im not expecting anything to happen quick its more a team bulding exercise i reckon.  Overall its bullish for the big holders to communicate closely.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:16:06 AM

Will we expect a crash?

Will we get good news?

we start going up again.

cheers

whales will still be whales .......
bitcoin will never be distributed equally or fairly amongst the 7 billion people on earth
just like every other wealth or resource on the planet ,top 1% will control most of it

the whales  with 500k btc arent going to just disappear ,there will always be the welathy exchange owners,investment capitalists and such people who get a % of every trade so there will inevitably be a
huge ever widening gap between the rich and the poor

just the way the world goes around folks .........
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:16:26 AM

I heard on a secret forum, they are going to pay the foundation to make bitcoins a proof of stake coin.

I AM JUST SAYING...

What do you guys think is going to happen? The protocol is going to change overnight LOL Whatever happens will not effect bitcoin in the least bit. Now if they were banks I be scared.
caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:18:22 AM

Maybe a conspiracy. Lets just hope its nothing to do with the price but the development of the platform.

CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:20:12 AM

Could anybody in here, just tell me, what is so bad about this meeting?
What outcome do you fear? What can this "elite"-group really do that will hurt Bitcoin so much?

they could pool their combined resources to swing the price any  which way they want and reap huge profits from the unpredictability they cause in the market  ,thats only one of the damaging things they could do

they could do quite a lot of damage  if they have the majority of the btc whales on board ,especially the exchange owners who can transact for free with other peoples coins ,they are the most dangerous IMO
Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:54:07 AM

What will happen? Absolutely nothing.

And it still is, but that doesn't mean groups of people can form their own boys club. Let them have their secret meetings. It doesn't matter.

caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:57:51 AM

And it still is, but that doesn't mean groups of people can form their own boys club. Let them have their secret meetings. It doesn't matter.

They are probably discussing developing the infrastructure further. Its a meeting of smart people.  They are already making money with theiur existing ideas, and don't need a meeting just to make more.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:00:28 AM

detoxification

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:12:33 AM

They are probably discussing developing the infrastructure further. Its a meeting of smart people.  They are already making money with theiur existing ideas, and don't need a meeting just to make more.

they could have had the meeting on skype if they wanted to ,just because the venue is a remote island doesnt make much differnce IMO

it may be to address important issues such as switching to the incoming hard fork and other things that need to be in sync

i would assume they all want to switch to the new fork at the same time to prevent transaction mixups  at the exchanges and all sorts of important  shit
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:18:18 AM

just because the venue is a remote island doesnt make much differnce IMO

Actually as someone that had the opportunity to go, but didn't act on it for my own views about some of the people there. I have to agree and disagree. I think they all wanted to go to a nice vacation spot, but I would have enjoyed just listening on skype more than flying to a remote island.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: