Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HSBC files show how Swiss bank helped clients dodge taxes and hide millions  (Read 3284 times)
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:53:50 AM

HSBC bank has been laundering money and "helping" customers hide their income for years. There were reports of HSBC being involved in funding terrorist organizations in Saudi Arabia. Then later, HSBC was linked with other bank connected with Mexican drug cartels. Only recently an employee decided he had enough and leaked hard proof documents to several authorities in few countries.

i'm interested!!!
can you give us some materials/links to pursue the matter?

many thanks

I heard about this somewhere back in 2010, can't remember where from.

Here's an example from reuters 2012 report: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/12/12/uk-hsbc-probe-idUKBRE8BA05K20121212

ahahhaha...

in the first paragraph i read:

local drug lord referred to the bank [HSBC] as the "place to launder money"

LOL

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:42:08 PM

I wonder if Karpeles and friends cashed out BTC and stored the dirty money on there.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:09:06 PM

lol, I just saw there was a religious foundation of nouns that had 3 million dollars on there. Everyone is there!
VulgusMan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:24:23 PM

lol, I just saw there was a religious foundation of nouns that had 3 million dollars on there. Everyone is there!

wow!!!

and how that money will be used ??
sex drugs and rock & roll?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:14:08 AM

I love HSBC.

This is what a proper bank shall do. Protect the assets of its customers against the evil hands of the nation state.

Well they failed to do that because they let a dirty scammer steal their data and get away with it alive

a nice fat bounty would be appropriate

Now with cryptocurrencies those customers would not be in trouble now. This is what happens if you let someone else manage your "private keys" in this case accounts.

While I don't support the real criminals that had assets there, I would still prefer a water tight banking system over one that betrays their customers. Sadly enough, non-anonymous accounts mean that you don't own the money, just possess it temporarily. There is a good reason why KYC/AML is so important, govts. know that the debt pyramid is going down soon, and want to be able to get peoples's assets if necessary.  Angry

Truth is the new hatespeech.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:10:45 AM

Well if you live in a country where you are supposed to pay taxes and you still use their social security and social stuff like a lot of people on the list do while keeping your money away, then they deserve to be exposed as fraudsters.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:05:06 AM

Kudos to HSBC who protects their customers from state theft !

(also called taxes)

The issue is that they get away with something (tax evasion, money laundering for wealthy/drug/dealers/terrorism) when it is an explicit breach of their banking license. Whether they state should be able to enforce taxes is separate. If I evade my taxes, I'm going to the big house. But when the HSBC's of this world do it, repeatedly and for a range of 'undesirables' it is said (for eg by Eric Holder) that is too hard to prosecute them because a) it is hard to pin it on anyone in particular and b) it may endanger the financial system.

What should happen is the top execs are put in jail (even for a minimum of time) and HSBC loses their banking license for that country. Then, that kind of shit would cease real quick.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 04:01:51 PM

Well if you live in a country where you are supposed to pay taxes and you still use their social security and social stuff like a lot of people on the list do while keeping your money away, then they deserve to be exposed as fraudsters.

This. Dont wanna pay taxes? thats ok, but leave the fucking country and stop using social healthcare, roads paid with public money etc etc. These that didnt leave deserve to be exposed by falciani as scammers. They are free to live in Switzerland ffs.
steeveGrube

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:17:03 PM

This. Dont wanna pay taxes? thats ok, but leave the fucking country and stop using social healthcare, roads paid with public money etc etc. These that didnt leave deserve to be exposed by falciani as scammers. They are free to live in Switzerland ffs.

i completaly agree...
and i also think that many who could afford to pay for health care,
get it for free...
evading taxes and claiming to be destitute,
This behavior is even more deplorable ...
elvizzzzzzz

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:16:06 AM

the origins and business model of HSBC

http://greatgameindia.com/hsbc-bank-secret-origins-to-2611-mumbai-attacks/

“As the opium and other trade with China expanded, Britain’s new territory of Hong Kong became a major imperial commercial center. The opium dealers gathered together to form a bank, the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank, as the financial flagship of the British opium trade. Over time, the bank—now known as HSBC—would extend its reach into the drug fields of the Middle East and Ibero-America, as befitting its role as the financial kingpin of Dope, Inc.”

Enjoy reading while you can. All this can and will be censored.
brendan.f

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:06:23 AM

this information is shocking! i didn't think this could happen
r.jewell

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:22:08 PM

this applies up until you are the one classified as "fraudster".
fastBeast

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:04:09 AM

this information is shocking! i didn't think this could happen

wondered?
 Shocked
thi is just the tip of the iceberg!!!
trsut me...
more the bank is large
and more he needs to compromise with political and insutriali!
and HSBC it is not the most biggest!
B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:24:26 PM

i completaly agree...
and i also think that many who could afford to pay for health care,
get it for free...
evading taxes and claiming to be destitute,
This behavior is even more deplorable ...

Interestingly (a la your comment), there is a movement (slow) that the USG is implementing regarding paying for your own healthcare. On your W2 forms for 2014, you will find a line with which has the total compensation your employer paid on your healthcare to date (if you have a W2 and have company paid health insurance). In years to come, that number will be considered part of your taxable income. The paradigm is shifting.

- It once was a wonderful country where you worked hard and in return the USG + your modest savings would help you out in your older years.

- Now it's becoming a country where you work even harder and in return the USG will use these extra years you're working to pay off the broke system of yesteryear that was poorly managed.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:33:31 AM

Don't use state services, OK.  But "leave the country", that's not OK.  To go where ?  To the moon ?  Every piece of inhabitable land is taken by violence monopolists, whether they are amateur thugs or professional thugs (called states).  In what way is the part of land that I own and on which I have a house, not mine, and I should leave it ?

The problem with taxes is not so much that you have to pay for service, but that the price of the service is (more than) proportional to your economic success.  Yes, I'm willing to pay for state services I value (like police protection).  No, I don't see why the price of that should be more than proportional to my income, why some get it for free, and why others have to pay huge amounts for it.
Yes, I'm willing to pay for infrastructure, for the price I think it is worth (that is, for the amount of money I am willing to pay not to be denied access to that infrastructure).
I'm even willing to contribute a small amount of money to welfare.  Not much, but a bit.
And yes, I'm willing to pay money for insurances against bad times (loss of job, illness, disaster, ....).  But not in proportion (or more so) to my income.

And many state services are just lousy products at huge prices.  Education, for instance.  
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:36:14 AM

the origins and business model of HSBC

http://greatgameindia.com/hsbc-bank-secret-origins-to-2611-mumbai-attacks/

“As the opium and other trade with China expanded, Britain’s new territory of Hong Kong became a major imperial commercial center. The opium dealers gathered together to form a bank, the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank, as the financial flagship of the British opium trade. Over time, the bank—now known as HSBC—would extend its reach into the drug fields of the Middle East and Ibero-America, as befitting its role as the financial kingpin of Dope, Inc.”

Enjoy reading while you can. All this can and will be censored.

So HSBC started somewhat like bitcoin Smiley

Guess that's why I like them Smiley

(that said, in the link they talk about Adam Smith as a high sea pirate, which he definitely wasn't).
elvizzzzzzz

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:30:08 AM

"So HSBC started somewhat like bitcoin "

Who knows what might have happened if DPR had opened a bitcoin bank
and started trading bitcoin?

And yes, the Adam Smith thing sounded strange, maybe the text
got mangled by Google Translate or something ...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: