Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jagex (Games Company) Accepts Bitcoin  (Read 579 times)
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 07:25:53 AM

It been a week and I see no one mention anything about Jagex here. So, they are accepting Bitcoin as payment for their game. Souce: MMOBomb.com - http://www.mmobomb.com/news/jagex-now-accepts-bitcoin-payments-games/.

I dont play their game, so I cant say much about it.
How will this affect Bitcoin? I once asked Garena to accept Bitcoin but they declined - they did not reply to my thread on the forums.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:05:49 AM

Won't affect price, but adoption is good nonetheless
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 08:12:48 AM

I never played Runescape but I'm sure this'll increase awareness.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:34:17 AM

This would be good news as the company I know so far, they care people more than other competitions.

In order to find the hidden, Jagex has decided to use ad network to find the possibilities, also say They have the money they need so If you can spend 7000K gp+, You can get a box,known as bond. You can select one of the three options.

1. Bi-Weekly premium which I have been playing
2. Redeem some keys for The treasure game
3. Some special coins for premium overrides

The other options requires more than one box as these people have introduced annual premium content if you can pay at least six.

If bitcoin can be included, then the company can earn more because they only need to pay less transaction fee for current services. But who can help them?

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:44:00 AM

If much user there who use bitcoin, maybe will effect to btc price.
but this is good news!
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:17:42 AM

This story is part of bigger story I tried to tell people about but they didn't seem to get the significance. Google Adyen and Bitcoin if you want to know what I'm talking about.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 01:50:08 PM

I only knew about the news today after reading your thread. And it should be good news indeed. Although that does not directly impact the price but imagine if every game company does the same, it will definitely be different. Especially if you have blizzard

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: