Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopoulos said Give Bitcoin Two Years  (Read 7469 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:37:15 PM

I think that two years is a little bold. It will take more years than that for mass adoption. It still has to break free from all the negativity from the early years. Then people have to trust it more than gold and cold hard cash and that won't be easy to come by, at least not straight away. I feel even 5-7 years may be needed. Regardless, we are still early adopters.

in all likelyhood he knows more than most of us about the businesses and services and new startups that will be launched inside the next 2 yrs so his predictions maybe more accurate than people think

i thought i knew a fair bit about btc a few years back until i watched a long  video  podcast and A.A was talking about things i didnt know existed back then that are common knowledge now , blockchain voting and multisig security and smart contracts  and many others were among the things i knew nothing about

he may be privvy to info about developments  that havent  been released yet too ,these are exciting times  gentlemen Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:14:09 AM

Get a point of sale system that is widely adopted, and Bitcoin would take off in a couple of months.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:04:44 AM

Would you agree or not?

Bitcoin Only Needs Two Years

Hmmmm... I respect the guy yeah.. But I do not know where his information came from.
2 years might be a little bold.. Maybe give it 3-5 years. I am still having doubt about that.

What do you think?

I would say that two years is enough to show the true potential of Bitcoin to many.
ShintoshiBTC

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:16:46 PM

Would you agree or not?

Hmmmm... I respect the guy yeah.. But I do not know where his information came from.
2 years might be a little bold.. Maybe give it 3-5 years. I am still having doubt about that.

What do you think?

Why does he have to say that?
To make us hope? I just wish he is right.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 08:25:15 PM

Would you agree or not?

What do you think?

No, he doesn't say this to make us hope this or that.

He says this, because he knows.  He's involved with alot of different projects and works behinds the scenes with several of these startup and tech companies, so he knows what kind of money and investing is being thrown around (hundreds of millions of dollars).  He knows what kind of talent and geniuses are working at these firms to greenlight these projects.

It's not just dumb rhethoric and blowing smoke up everyone's ass.  There's more money and development being poured into Bitcoin related projects now, then there ever was at the year 6 marker for the Internet in the early 1990's...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:46:01 PM

2 years is indeed , way to quick. People are rushing remember that usd for example is waaay older than bitcoin.
A currency doesnt only need to be good , it needs to get people to change to their currency. and we're humans , it takes alot of time for some to change.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:47:14 PM

2 years is indeed , way to quick. People are rushing remember that usd for example is waaay older than bitcoin.
A currency doesnt only need to be good , it needs to get people to change to their currency. and we're humans , it takes alot of time for some to change.

rewind back to  two years ago and see how much progress can be made in 2 years =$2 bitcoins

fast forward two years and the progress could be $2k or even $10k bitcoins.........

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 07:56:41 PM

Would you agree or not?

What do you think?

Well we live on a (supposedly) free country and he is free to make any prediction, and a 2 year positive prediction is objectively correct given our current coordinates.
Cray4Cryptz

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:15:28 PM

Would you agree or not?

What do you think?

I believe the guy.

If you are aware of whats happening to bitcoin right now. You will know that this guy knows where Bitcoin will be in 2 years time.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:25:41 PM

Bitcoin is already here (obviously) for those in the know. Mass adoption isn't going to come in the form we thought it would with everyone adopting Bitcoin and exiting the established financial system. It will be in the protocols, it will be what CS majors need to study especially if they want to find a job in the future financial markets.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:14:01 PM

Get a point of sale system that is widely adopted, and Bitcoin would take off in a couple of months.

This. I think the NCR's of the world hold they key to that. If they can be prevailed upon to include crypto currencies as an option in their current POS systems and make accounting simpler it becomes an easy choice for business owners. I work in the merchant processing industry and I can tell you first hand that mom an pop business are sick of visa, MC, Amex et. al.

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:59:55 PM

This. I think the NCR's of the world hold they key to that. If they can be prevailed upon to include crypto currencies as an option in their current POS systems and make accounting simpler it becomes an easy choice for business owners. I work in the merchant processing industry and I can tell you first hand that mom an pop business are sick of visa, MC, Amex et. al.
But it doesn't matter what mom and pop thinks. If it did, Visa, Mastercard and amex would not succeed. But they did, because consumers choose what to use, not businesses. And so the key is to make acquiring bitcoins a smooth and painfree process, rather than making it easier for businesses.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:18:10 AM

Andreas said this at the O'Reilly Radar Summit "Bitcoin and the Blockchain" in San Francisco.

Here you can watch it --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8FCRZ0BUCw#t=14m00

Its's worth to watch the whole video. But the most interesting he said at 14:00 to 17:00 min.

"What happens if Goldman Sachs build GoldmanSachsCoin?.Let them build it...". Grin
He seems to be pretty confident about BTC's growing ecosystem and it's future.

Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:43:51 PM

I am not sure where Bitcoin will stand in two years, but at the rate of adoption and considering how many companies do invest, I see a good time coming.
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

I am not sure where Bitcoin will stand in two years, but at the rate of adoption and considering how many companies do invest, I see a good time coming.

This seems to be the point Andreas Antonopoulos said awhile ago before all this recent news give it 2 years, i have to agree there is a lot of reasons that good things are coming, 10,000 btc atm just started in Spain and they are in talks with other country's to get them to adopt, the 21 $116million to name just a few i am sure lots more to come. There will be exciting times to come for bitcoin not sure 2 years but within 5 Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:32:48 PM

I see it like this:
In 2 years, consolidation of Bitcoin surviving this horrible crash from the bubbled price, proves it has a solid future.
In 5+ years, we go 10K due mass mainstream adoption.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:47:47 PM

This seems to be the point Andreas Antonopoulos said awhile ago before all this recent news give it 2 years, i have to agree there is a lot of reasons that good things are coming, 10,000 btc atm just started in Spain and they are in talks with other country's to get them to adopt, the 21 $116million to name just a few i am sure lots more to come. There will be exciting times to come for bitcoin not sure 2 years but within 5 Smiley

Yes, good things are coming but I think that we will have to wait longer than 2 years.
In order to make breakthrough and become mainstream we really need many more ''big'' merchants to accept BTC and this will not happen as fast as we want.
We have to educate people about BTC, get more users and inspire merchants to start accepting bitcoin and this is job for all of us Smiley
If everybody help, it will happen in 2 years, otherwise we will need much more time.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:15:28 PM

Yes, good things are coming but I think that we will have to wait longer than 2 years.
In order to make breakthrough and become mainstream we really need many more ''big'' merchants to accept BTC and this will not happen as fast as we want.
We have to educate people about BTC, get more users and inspire merchants to start accepting bitcoin and this is job for all of us Smiley
If everybody help, it will happen in 2 years, otherwise we will need much more time.

Andreas didn't necessarly mean "2 years to explode". He may have meant 2 years to see Bitcoin is really here to stay and that things will start taking a very solid shape, not 1 million per coin so to speak.
networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:18:50 PM

Andreas didn't necessarly mean "2 years to explode". He may have meant 2 years to see Bitcoin is really here to stay and that things will start taking a very solid shape, not 1 million per coin so to speak.

It is already taking shape and has done for a couple of years already he has seen this and made an educated prediction or he has inside information where we are going, it is quite clear what he was saying. I am not finding it quite so clear what you are saying lol Who said anything about a $1,000,000 price? Nobody said anything about such price what was you reading to write that as a response? Do you read before you post .
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:26:51 PM

It is already taking shape and has done for a couple of years already he has seen this and made an educated prediction or he has inside information where we are going, it is quite clear what he was saying. I am not finding it quite so clear what you are saying lol Who said anything about a $1,000,000 price? Nobody said anything about such price what was you reading to write that as a response? Do you read before you post .

1 million per bitcoin is not impossible but to suggest it will happen within 2 years is highly improbable
It could easy jump to well over 1k+ in that time frame though ,maybe even 10k if some of the new services take off .....
the sky is literally the limit,or the moon as we like to call it .......Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: