Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares Decetralized Exchange Review  (Read 2243 times)
thebenjamincode (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:18:03 PM

Hey guys, could you please give some experience about this exchange?
i am currently using Bitfinex at the moment and i would like to try other exchanges

my question is
* is it more secure?
* does it really have lower fee than other exchanges?
* What are its advantages/disadvantages?

https://bitshares.org/
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:36:59 AM

bitshares is an experiment in creating decentralized price-tracking crypto using natural market incentives, and building a crypto-asset ecosystem around that.

The trading experience is comparable to normal cryptocurrency exchanges except all the books are on the blockchain so you don't have to worry about exchange insolvency. You get yield on assets with high short demand like bitUSD or bitSILVER offering over 3% right now.

There is a powerful user-issued asset system, which flexible enough to allow traditional centralized companies can legally issue their stock, among a lot of other applications.

You don't have leveraged trading unless you want to leverage long BTS by shorting a BitAsset.

There are bridges to get from BTC to bitBTC to get in and out cheaply for small quantities, but the cheapest way to get a bunch of any bitAsset is still to go directly through BTS.

The fees are a fixed 0.1 BTS per transaction, or 2 times that if you are paying in a market-pegged asset with a price feed (so you can have just a bitUSD vs bitBTC balance and still pay transaction fees). There is not that much volume, but it is growing slowly as more gateways and exchanges come online and more traders from centralized exchanges see the utility of holding bitUSD and others.

It's theoretically more secure if you take care to secure your private keys. It's still risky just because it's a brand new codebase that has lots of bugs. Still not worse than Cryptsy though...

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:46:23 AM

Hey guys, could you please give some experience about this exchange?
i am currently using Bitfinex at the moment and i would like to try other exchanges

my question is
* is it more secure?
* does it really have lower fee than other exchanges?
* What are its advantages/disadvantages?

https://bitshares.org/

Could you be specific about what it is that you want to exchange/trade?
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:09:50 AM

principal advantages of decentralized exchanges are the transparency of the transactions.
It would be a nice beginning to know the real trade of bitcoin and to end with the manipulation
LRENZ

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:35:10 AM

It's worth watching this video if you haven't seen it

http://youtu.be/TtCVRIwcBYU

"2015: The year of the decentralized bitcoin exchange (interview with Daniel Larimer of BitShares)"
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:51:28 AM

Just give a try and report back here on your experience?
ForexTE

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:01:26 AM

Its probably yet to evolve to compete with the centralized exchanges. As I am yet to begin using one of the decentralized bitcoin exchanges available today. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
Mewtwo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:09:13 AM

bitshares is an experiment in creating decentralized price-tracking crypto using natural market incentives, and building a crypto-asset ecosystem around that.

The trading experience is comparable to normal cryptocurrency exchanges except all the books are on the blockchain so you don't have to worry about exchange insolvency. You get yield on assets with high short demand like bitUSD or bitSILVER offering over 3% right now.

There is a powerful user-issued asset system, which flexible enough to allow traditional centralized companies can legally issue their stock, among a lot of other applications.

You don't have leveraged trading unless you want to leverage long BTS by shorting a BitAsset.

There are bridges to get from BTC to bitBTC to get in and out cheaply for small quantities, but the cheapest way to get a bunch of any bitAsset is still to go directly through BTS.

The fees are a fixed 0.1 BTS per transaction, or 2 times that if you are paying in a market-pegged asset with a price feed (so you can have just a bitUSD vs bitBTC balance and still pay transaction fees). There is not that much volume, but it is growing slowly as more gateways and exchanges come online and more traders from centralized exchanges see the utility of holding bitUSD and others.

It's theoretically more secure if you take care to secure your private keys. It's still risky just because it's a brand new codebase that has lots of bugs. Still not worse than Cryptsy though...

The math checks out on this guys, also the name and avatar.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: