Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:59:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitStamp - Bank Blocks USD Deposits  (Read 2279 times)
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 06:47:36 AM

Bitstamp has weathered some storms, so I wouldn't write them off just yet...where one stodgy old banker closes a door, a younger slicker smaller bank says c'mon down, we'll be happy to take your money...green is green.

In fact, small banks that truly "get it" are going to start realizing they would be better off using bitcoin to transfer funds between their own banks than the overly costly systems we have now (like ACH).

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:00:48 PM

Some of you guys are hilarious.

How is Bitstamp having trouble getting money *in* from the US any indication that they (the exchange) are "going the way of mtgox"?

Sure, it sucks. But bank transfers being blocked for deposits is hardly the sign of an illiquid exchange. In fact, one of the things that worked on gox until the very end was sending money *in* Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:18:19 PM

Bitstamp has weathered some storms, so I wouldn't write them off just yet...where one stodgy old banker closes a door, a younger slicker smaller bank says c'mon down, we'll be happy to take your money...green is green.

In fact, small banks that truly "get it" are going to start realizing they would be better off using bitcoin to transfer funds between their own banks than the overly costly systems we have now (like ACH).

it is very hard to open a bank account for BTC exchanges.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:16:59 PM

BTCe FTW?

The intermediary bank of my bank refused sending money to BTCe since August last year.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 03:27:07 PM

It seems that Bitstamp has problems with its USD bank account. They no longer receive USD. All the USD payments are locked for now.

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bank-blocks-bitstamp-usd-deposits/29681

Bitsmap is getting down eventually . First hacked .. THey implented Multisig security , now Bank blocks USD Deposits , wondering what's going to happen next . I hope people don't ignore this warning and know when to get their money and simply walk away.
Exchangers are defeating the whole purpose of Bitcoin to be honest , I mean ... They need ID's , Residental adress , Passport . RIP being Annonymus . If someone want  to trade his BTC for USD or Euro or any other currency he simply do that in forums (with trusted members)

~ Madness

mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:35:40 PM

BTCe FTW?

The intermediary bank of my bank refused sending money to BTCe since August last year.

Are you sending the wire to BTc or to their payment processor bank account?
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:45:06 PM

BTCe FTW?

Last time I checked BTCe had no bank account listed themselves. I always sent to Mayzus (sp?).

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:16:16 PM

BTCe FTW?

Last time I checked BTCe had no bank account listed themselves. I always sent to Mayzus (sp?).

so, Maysuz bank account has issues...
BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:59:48 PM

If solvency is your concern I would pay more attention to the withdraw side. 

we will see many withdrawals from Bitstamp on Monday...
Not true.  People get fucked, then they get fucked again.  It is like lambs going to slaughter.  They never learn.  Nearly everyone will be sitting there thinking: 'this time, everything will be OK  -  right?'  And the next moment all their money is gone.  Don't you remember how many warnings there were for Gox?  Nobody moved.

They were 'too big to fail'.
What are you talking about Huh

In order for something to be "too big to fail" someone needs to step in to prevent them from failing aka bail them out. The fact that there is no governing authority with bitcoin means that there is no one to bail out any "too big to fail" exchange

tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:51:00 PM

Not true.  People get fucked, then they get fucked again.  It is like lambs going to slaughter.  They never learn.  Nearly everyone will be sitting there thinking: 'this time, everything will be OK  -  right?'  And the next moment all their money is gone.  Don't you remember how many warnings there were for Gox?  Nobody moved.

In order for something to be "too big to fail" someone needs to step in to prevent them from failing aka bail them out. The fact that there is no governing authority with bitcoin means that there is no one to bail out any "too big to fail" exchange

At least you understood the joke reference...better than some others.  Cool
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:40:33 PM

There are other, better exchanges. Don't see why everyone makes such a big deal of bitstamp

Bistamps is the 3rd exchange as volume and many other small exchanges are linked to them too.
BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:53:47 PM

At least you understood the joke reference...better than some others.  Cool
Well apparently gox at least thought they would/could get bailed out as they asked other large exchanges to do so

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:16:23 PM

Yes, some did move from Gox.  Others moved with the early warning signs.

Regarding Bitstamp, there are two things worth mulling over.

A.  Move coins out.  Never hold coins in an exchange.
B.  Move CURRENCY out.  It does not matter if it is into USD.  Move it out into Euros or whatever is convenient.

I am not connecting the dots from the DWOLLA-GOX freeze of $5M to Gox's downfall.  It may have been a factor, but bank reluctance to deal with Gox wasn't the reason Gox had so much money and coin vanish.

That bank reluctance may have helped the Goxing from being FAR WORSE.
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:56:36 AM

interesting things happened on bitstamp  Roll Eyes

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:01:46 AM

BTCe FTW?

Yes i agree, BTC-E had no problems with since i have been there, if i was trading at stamp i would have been hacked already (nice trusty exchange) but they did pay everyone back so a shining light.

Can Bitstamp just use moneypolo, okay pay? Would not choose the latter but where there is a will there is a way?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:39:05 AM

Yes, some did move from Gox.  Others moved with the early warning signs.

Regarding Bitstamp, there are two things worth mulling over.

A.  Move coins out.  Never hold coins in an exchange.
B.  Move CURRENCY out.  It does not matter if it is into USD.  Move it out into Euros or whatever is convenient.

I am not connecting the dots from the DWOLLA-GOX freeze of $5M to Gox's downfall.  It may have been a factor, but bank reluctance to deal with Gox wasn't the reason Gox had so much money and coin vanish.

That bank reluctance may have helped the Goxing from being FAR WORSE.

I read some stories suggesting Gox had money in bank accounts that "disappeared" like a load of bitcoins "disappeared". It was a credible story that Gox might have been hacked and had bitcoins stolen, but I do not consider it very credible that a hacker could have disappeared money out of their bank account. There is a clear money trail from bank account withdrawals. Gox sounds like an inside job to me.

Perhaps Gox's bank noticed financial irregularities from the inside job and refused to do business because of them.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:46:57 PM

this thread is about BitStamp Smiley
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:39:53 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 08:55:29 PM by mayax

it seems Bitstamp doesn't accept deposit anymore.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: