Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] Digitalcoin speculation  (Read 3582 times)
SimonTower (OP)

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:06:57 PM

A good place to talk openly and uncensored about Digitalcoin and its future!

In my opinion:

The positive facts:
- DGC launched almost 2 years ago
- Never had a successful attack, it's secured as hell
- quick confirmation (stable 40 sec+-5)
- wallets for every platform (even phones)
- many live services (exchanges,marketplaces,etc.)
- It has a professional dev team with foundation
- easy to mine(multi algo)
- develops are continually

Negatives:
- the community is strong but small
- bad PR
- too low price with low volume(manipulate the price is too easy)

I think this is one of the most underrated coin in the crypto economy.
What do You think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sagarion

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:39:08 PM

When I hearing about DGC the first thing what come into my mind is "trustable".
I don't understand the peoples too. This coin would be a great choice for real transactions and buying goods.
So I try to hold much as I can and waiting for better times.
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:03:12 AM

This time last year there were far less alts and digital coin was close to the top of the pile. It's one of the older alts created by proper devs who could code. Some of the new coins are created by coingen and stop working after a few months. Digital coin should be worth a lot more and I think that as time goes by it will rise to the top of the pile again.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:30:18 AM

Yes I think alot of coins including Digitalcoin have been overshadowed or lost in the mire of mostly worthless cryptocoins that have been pumped out regularly over the last year or so. Hopefully with the great team behind Digitalcoin now it will rise back up again.

Really looking forward to seeing how far the DGC community can take this coin. For example the Noobie.io marketplace that is due to open today is looking like a great service for Digitalcoin. I would encourage everyone to get behind it and support it if they want to see Digitalcoin grow and flourish!  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
kenel

Activity: 578

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:31:32 AM

A lot going on with development for Digitalcoin services. Very exciting times. Looking forward to using Digitalcoin for products/services/etc. in the near future! Smiley
TruthBear

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:52:26 AM

Wasn't the dev a scammer? Pretends his premine was stolen (although provides no proof) and then dumped everything.
xawksow

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:04:22 AM

Digitalcoin had no premine at all.
However the original dev "had lost/got stolen/whatever" some of his personal coins.

So, yea currently we are building up many new services, like the noobie.io marketplace which just launched today.
We will offer more products there in the near future - this is just day 1. :p
We also plan to offer a gambling site and more crispy things.

Hope you all will be with us!
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:05:40 AM

Wasn't the dev a scammer? Pretends his premine was stolen (although provides no proof) and then dumped everything.

DGC is a zero-premined coin. Somebody stolen the dev's stash OR sold it by himself, but it's the past. He is left our community and the dev team a year ago.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:12:50 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 01:38:32 AM by r32godzilla

You have your wires crossed there. This was discussed numerous times in the past and was debated to death pretty much. Nothing was ever proven 100%. At worst the dev may have dumped 500k of his own Digitalcoin which to be honest he was entitled to do, even if it would seem very stupid to most of us at such a low price at the time.

Digitalcoin was fair launch and not premined.

You might be better to read about actual scamcoins here:

http://altcoins.com/scamcoins

The previous dev you talk about no longer develops for Digitalcoin and hasn't been involved for quite a while now. We have a whole new talented team behind Digitalcoin including the Digitalcoin Foundation.

http://digitalcoin.foundation/

and have already made some great changes such as multi algo support. I'm sure you will find with a little more research that Digitalcoin is one of the most fair launch and 'clean' Cryptocoins available.

I would encourage you if your interested to come and chat to the DGC community on Freenode IRC #digitalcoin and also read the Digitalcoin forum.

Cheers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:43:30 PM

So what I can see: Who are know the history of DGC, love it. Who doesn't know it the only one information about DGC is the original dev's incident.
The question is why are avoid all of hypes this reliable, stable coin?
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:26:57 PM

Two great new services for Digitalcoin are open!

The new online marketplace Noobie.io is now live.  It supports Bitcoin and more importantly ....Digitalcoin! They have new vendors coming on board all the time.

https://noobie.io

Crypto Cloud Hosting now supports Digitalcoin.

https://cryptocloudhosting.org/

Smiley

Please check them out and support them if you are interested in helping Digitalcoin grow.

Cheers.

This new Noobie marketplace is awesome. Good job! Grin
CoHe

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:56:43 PM

Hope this allowed.
Am not a big forum poster.  Wink

Noobie.io opened its doors!

https://noobie.io/

What is Noobie.io?

Pretty straight forward.
We are a web-portal for vendors, accepting virtual currency, to sell their products and buyers looking to buy products with their coins. We do not just cater bigger shops but individuals wanting to sell their occasional items are welcome as well.

At this moment , after a 5 months period of hard , fulfilling work , we are having our last community tests and we will be opening the doors to the public on the 9th of February.

Our Mission?

We are in this with a mission to spread virtual currency in e-commerce and to become one big portal where all shops accepting virtual currency can gather to create one big combined force. Not scattered all over and hard to find but combined and easy to find for customers looking to spent their coins.

Why go for Noobie.io?

We pride ourselves on a few key features

•   Instant, direct and real 24/7 support  via IRC by the creators and owners. Not by some  uninterested customer service far away.

•   Knowledgeable and skilled in both the shop itself and well versed in the workings of the virtual currency world.

•   Always on IRC for "just "a nice unrelated  chat Wink, even if you decide to not join our movement you are more as welcome to join our IRC.Every constructive input is welcome.

•   A highly motivated, committed, open, honest, accessible and transparent team.

•   Years experience in programming, developing, virtual currency and international business.

•   Our devs hands are itching to build in new,unique and cool features to make the Noobie.io experience as smooth as possible and make life easier for our customers.

Why Bitcoin and Digitalcoin?

Digitalcoin is one of the oldest,most consistent altcoins in the market with a well established, trusted and innovative Foundation in which both Noobie.io owners have a seat.

Now lets talk business :

We can bring a big market to our vendors shops in the form of a community and an eager to buy network.

We offer a fair and individualized commission system. The commission will be mainly used to keep things up and running and to spread the word on Noobie.io benefiting all the sellers on there as well.

Any suggestions or just up for a chat?

Mail us at : support@noobie.io
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:48:45 PM

Yeah, noobie is bigger and bigger day by day, but the DGC price is on the floor.
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:52:05 PM

Wait for it. It will go to the mooooon sooon.

Yeah, I can see the signs. Wink
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:22:01 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 08:04:21 PM by cosmoo

if anything DGC has the best distribution thanks to its faithful bagholders :p

my concern is the price is frozen since so many people are hoarding. at this point it could go up, but i doubt any whale is gonna drop in when there's so many random people holding a good chunk of the supply. but that's okay, lots of upside with little downside, we could double easily if any serious hype comes around. it's fun, and healthy to fluctuate between 2500 - 3500 satoshis.

i wrote a thread about the positive fundamentals of DGC earlier but it was locked, here's some good data to compare:

as of 9/18/14..

VeriCoin:
Coins Outstanding: 26,865,297
Market Cap: $1,397,839
Total # of addresses: 5618

DarkCoin:
Coins Outstanding: 4,688,976
Market Cap: $13,505,041
Total # of addresses: 30819

digitalcoin:
Coins Oustanding: 17,224,561
Market Cap: $208,553
Total # of addresses: 50304

... DGC has more users, with a lower market cap, of course this isn't a definite answer but looks to me there is a much healthier, grassroots movement behind DGC that will allow for constant growth, as opposed to manipulated pump-n-dump coins that have the unpredictable potential to crash. we certainly need tons more PR though. it's hard to compete with the noise made by the pump-n-dump crowd.
SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:09:48 AM

DGC is now accepted on betarigs!  Grin

I think 0.001-0.002BTC/DGC is a realistic speculation at long term.(maybe in this year?)
If we break a 4k satoshis, can't stop the price anything because it's not only an empty shitcoin.(more miners, more attention>higher price>much more attention)

What do You think?
cosmoo

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:32:01 PM

DGC is now accepted on betarigs!  Grin

I think 0.001-0.002BTC/DGC is a realistic speculation at long term.(maybe in this year?)
If we break a 4k satoshis, can't stop the price anything because it's not only an empty shitcoin.(more miners, more attention>higher price>much more attention)

What do You think?

I respectfully disagree, only way that'll happen if a ton of hype forms around DGC. Right now the supply is distributed so well it's hard to get pumped, and since so many people are holding there's plenty of sell pressure to keep the price where it is now. At best we'll get a pump to .0001 from some whale dropping in (somewhat unlikely), i think we're gonna stick between 1k-3k satoshis as a consolidation period.

What'd really be helpful is to have regular volume run through our market so DGC can be taken more seriously as a fiat -> crypto gateway. There's demand for a coin with a stable market.

SimonTower (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:11:28 PM

I respectfully disagree, only way that'll happen if a ton of hype forms around DGC. Right now the supply is distributed so well it's hard to get pumped, and since so many people are holding there's plenty of sell pressure to keep the price where it is now. At best we'll get a pump to .0001 from some whale dropping in (somewhat unlikely), i think we're gonna stick between 1k-3k satoshis as a consolidation period.

What'd really be helpful is to have regular volume run through our market so DGC can be taken more seriously as a fiat -> crypto gateway. There's demand for a coin with a stable market.

If we can reach the chinese community, or Noobie will booming or somebody make a pumping or...(I could write a hundred things) The alt's community will watching us and they recognize how is great DGC.
The hype is avoid us because almost zero PR. I think investing now in this coin is one of the most secure with high profit at long-term.
cosmoo

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:10:48 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 05:24:36 PM by cosmoo

If we can reach the chinese community, or Noobie will booming or somebody make a pumping or...(I could write a hundred things) The alt's community will watching us and they recognize how is great DGC.
The hype is avoid us because almost zero PR. I think investing now in this coin is one of the most secure with high profit at long-term.

I agree DGC is one of the more verifiable altcoins out there (and best named Wink). We know the richest address with 2,700,000 DGC belongs to BTC38.com. If all the richest DGC holders got together we could show 'investor addresses', any other large investor who wants to take stake in DGC network could then contact us without worry of picking up a dead bag. For example:

Rank/Owner ----   Address---------------------------------   Amount----   Percent of coins-   Last Change
1 BTC-38           DLwJxLk4pYwtLjQPxEoVHFmCCcTxNgikqp-----2,700,249.3--- 14.43 %       124 days 9 hours
2 unknown          D6coPKwpPDEstcaUKgspr4GLPTc1YhkAad----1,408,300.0--- 7.52 %        65 days 56 minutes
3 unknown         D5h4CSrtnBT2MFneQLvgoo13QDpAbSb8Nj----1,326,762.0--- 7.09 %        210 days 2 hours
4 Tsquared         DRayQbMYerckXhZ5EDmnRjyGRxzzum3Tn1   -1,283,618.4--- 6.86 %        2 days 4 hours
5 samson?         D8YC22QDjXcjtmvTsxDj6cVzg8J47V9MGa-----880,001.0----  4.70 %         226 days 13 hours

If can round up the people who own the most DGC, we can guess how much is in loose circulation, making it easier to gauge the health of the market, and attract investment. Easier for money to flow into DGC when it isn't scared of getting dumped on. Make these addresses public so people can watch them for movement, this is what makes decentralized cryptocurrency great, given how flawed and obscure fiat money is.

Simply put, we need to organize the largest investors so a business path can form for DGC. If everything is done transparently it should not be unfair to anyone.

I don't know if this would be a security problem though. It would bring targeted attention to these people. Though I know this is done in some other coin communities.

Best PR is market volatility and potential to profit Smiley I'm sure if we get ourselves organized and make a public statement, investors will come, with them volatility and perhaps more hashrate too, we don't have enough for the network still.
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:42:51 AM

well DGC coin its at markets soo its a coin to have but you mean like its plenty secure even better than bitcoin well taht can be good the health of a coin its how secure the bolckchain is soo DGC its digital coin as a good coin even to mine no im on it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: