Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $25,000 in Bitcoin Seized from Alleged Software Scam Operator  (Read 2607 times)
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:03:14 AM

so far govt forces have stolen property from a guy, without a court ruling  Angry

at the same time I do not understand what counterfeit software is. HUH??

Truth is the new hatespeech.
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:28:42 AM

I just wonder what will happen with that cryptos? Police is going to use it somehow? You can't just put back bitcoin into circulation... Any thoughts?
They will probably sell them in a similar way that the Silk Road bitcoin was sold, via auction

edit: I would think you would probably get a better deal on these auctions because they are less publicized
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:19:36 PM

I just wonder what will happen with that cryptos? Police is going to use it somehow? You can't just put back bitcoin into circulation... Any thoughts?
They will probably sell them in a similar way that the Silk Road bitcoin was sold, via auction

edit: I would think you would probably get a better deal on these auctions because they are less publicized

Exactly, they will sell them as always via auction. This time it is not a large quantity of coin, but it is always "money" (25k dollars).
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:51:14 AM

So how much is really paid at the auctions?
...and to whom?
Can you cut an extra slice?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:39:07 PM

The auction might be less publicized, but it could attract a lot more bids.
The high lot size in the SR bitcoin auctions is one reason why the number of bids is limited.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:52:28 PM

The auction might be less publicized, but it could attract a lot more bids.
The high lot size in the SR bitcoin auctions is one reason why the number of bids is limited.
So at what price do the government sell their coins? don't they just jump at whatever market price of that particular time?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: