Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:05:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Ulbricht Get A Life Sentence?  (Read 1119 times)
Itsumo (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Play Rock Paper Scissor Lizard Spock

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:28:10 AM

After Ross Ulbricht was criminally charged, will he get the life sentence?

Ross Ulbricht, will he get the life sentence?

What will be his next move? Will he appeal his case?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:08:57 PM

I think he'll get life whether for just the crimes he's been found guilty of or for the murder trial as well. Of course he will appeal but I'm not sure what good that will do.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:19:30 PM

As I have said in other posts, I sure hope that Ross comes forward with a "claim" (all the government has against him are complaints) that requires any man to come forward and show actual harm or damage that Ross did against that man. In the claim, Ross should state that if no man can or will come forward, and verify on the stand in a court of record law some actual harm or damage, that his (Ross's) property (including his body) be returned to him, and he be set free.

If nobody comes forward with a claim of harm or damage done to him/her by Ross, or if a claim is brought but can't be verified because there is nothing to tie Ross to the harm or damage, his property should be returned to him, and he should be set free.

This is how the basic law of the land works... the common law.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
dex1

Activity: 141
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:27:00 PM

As I have said in other posts, I sure hope that Ross comes forward with a "claim" (all the government has against him are complaints) that requires any man to come forward and show actual harm or damage that Ross did against that man. In the claim, Ross should state that if no man can or will come forward, and verify on the stand in a court of record law some actual harm or damage, that his (Ross's) property (including his body) be returned to him, and he be set free.

If nobody comes forward with a claim of harm or damage done to him/her by Ross, or if a claim is brought but can't be verified because there is nothing to tie Ross to the harm or damage, his property should be returned to him, and he should be set free.

Smiley

I wish it was that simple.

JJB

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:28:12 PM

What's a life sentence in the US? 30+ years or actual life? I think he's going to get 30 or so but he'll appeal and may get it reduced.

Smiley

Yeah and I'm sure this will work and get him off free. This isn't how the justice system or the law works. IF it was why wouldn't lawyers use this defense all the time?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:49:25 PM

Smiley

I wish it was that simple.

What's a life sentence in the US? 30+ years or actual life? I think he's going to get 30 or so but he'll appeal and may get it reduced.

Smiley

Yeah and I'm sure this will work and get him off free. This isn't how the justice system or the law works. IF it was why wouldn't lawyers use this defense all the time?

It certainly isn't as simple as posting in Bitcointalk. Yet, with help, it can be done. Youtube search on "Karl Lentz common law." Read the law the clear way that Richard Cornforth sets it down at http://voidjudgments.com/. Karl has been winning all over the place. His stuff is Richard's stuff in action. It is backed up the the law theory set forth by Bill Thornton (http://1215.org/), and tweaked for real use. Study groups are popping up.

The whole case against Ross is a sham. All he has to do is show that it is.

Smiley

EDIT: Attorneys don't use this stuff because they can't. They are not allowed. By contract and law an attorney is an officer of the court. His first allegiance is to the court. The judge won't let him.

The second reason is that this kind of thing must be done by a man, not by an attorney. It is the law.

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:04:14 PM

Smiley

In the real world though this is not getting past judge is it just going to annoy him if anything, why wouldn't his lawyers tell him to do this?

If i remember right that is words of a freeman who has never accepted the laws of the land /common law or who has declared at an early stage to opt out before he was arrested.

He will get life and that's that no fancy words or tricks is getting him out of this one, unless of course he was super super rich but that's another story.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:37:39 PM

I think they will take into account who he is and the number of people protesting against the case.  I dont think he will get as much as 30 years.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:56:42 PM

I can't really see him getting a life sentence, especially when there wasn't any murder victims tied directly to him.

I am curious to see what the outcome of this case will be though.
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:38:13 PM

Why would he get a life sentence? He didn't kill anybody, even if he allegedly attempted to. He didn't steal people's money. Even if he create and run the Silk Road, he still should be free for that. It's all conspiracy.
Hiring a hitman? That's crime. He should be punished for that. But not from 25 to life. That's absurd.
VulgusMan

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:32:24 PM

I can't really see him getting a life sentence, especially when there wasn't any murder victims tied directly to him.

I am curious to see what the outcome of this case will be though.

same here!!!

+1

i'm really curius to see if law it is really just and equal for all...
but i think to know the answer!!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Gervais

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:16:26 PM

I think they will take into account who he is and the number of people protesting against the case.  I dont think he will get as much as 30 years.

Who is he? I don't think being the creator and operator of one of the largest drug markets in the world is going to do him any favours. Even things like being his first offense likely wont count for much. These are all very serious crimes he is accused of. He'll be very lucky if he ever sees freedom again or not at least until he's an OAP.
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:20:53 PM

Probably life. He coulda killed someone and got less time. But if he was in politics he would have just got a slap on the wrist. That's how it works.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:23:49 PM

Yes, he's gonna get a life sentence, but I doubt he'll get LWOP, so at least he'll have a chance to be free one day. Im sure he'll serve at least 20 or so years though but still, he'll have a chance to be free and chew on some of his home made shrooms and smoke some fattys...

Good luck to him!
sickhouse

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:07:57 AM

Yes, he's gonna get a life sentence, but I doubt he'll get LWOP, so at least he'll have a chance to be free one day. Im sure he'll serve at least 20 or so years though but still, he'll have a chance to be free and chew on some of his home made shrooms and smoke some fattys...

Good luck to him!
A "normal" guy like him will be totally destroyed after 20 years in prison sadly. He is 29 years old, that's almost half his life spent in prison by then, adapting will be very hard. I hope for his sake he was smart enough to hide a great sum of money so he has something when (if) he ever gets out.

That being said I think he will get life. The murder chargers are BS I think but even without it they got enough to put him away for good. Feel really bad for the guy, but the government want to set an example here.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:12:18 AM

Good luck to him!
A "normal" guy like him will be totally destroyed after 20 years in prison sadly. He is 29 years old, that's almost half his life spent in prison by then, adapting will be very hard. I hope for his sake he was smart enough to hide a great sum of money so he has something when (if) he ever gets out.

That being said I think he will get life. The murder chargers are BS I think but even without it they got enough to put him away for good. Feel really bad for the guy, but the government want to set an example here.

Nahhh.. even normal guys adapt and learn to live the life their dealt. I'm sure hes got a few bucks stacked away but not enough to cover 20 years in prison. Anyway... Good luck to him and his family.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:18:04 AM

Attempted murder is typically 10 years, not life sentence. So I don't think Ulbricht is going to be in jail for the rest of his life.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:19:51 AM

Attempted murder is typically 10 years, not life sentence. So I don't think Ulbricht is going to be in jail for the rest of his life.

Talking out of your ass I see.. Drug dealing charges alone can land him in the slammer for life! FYI.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Thanks armchair lawyer.
redHairy

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:57:18 AM

ok for 10 years...
but not everywhere....

which state sentence 10 years for a murder???

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: