Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BITCH COIN [pre-mined][unique ART coin]// 2015 FEB 15 LAUNCH \\  (Read 3414 times)
MinasJulep (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:17:59 PM

..........ANNOUNCING..........
BITCHCOIN

https://i.imgur.com/EkfPfy4.jpg

Value pegged to photographic prints and artwork of Sarah Meyohas.

RARE & DIFFERENT KIND OF CRYPTO COIN
****LAUNCH PARTY****
@@ February 15 --- 8pm  @@
Trinity Place Bar,
Financial District of Manhattan.
115 Broadway, New York, NY, 10006.

https://i.imgur.com/Di9mKGl.png
http://www.bitchcoin.biz
What is BitchCoin?

BitchCoin is a digital currency backed by the photography of Sarah Meyohas at a fixed exchange rate of 1 BitchCoin to 25 square inches of photographic print. This rate of exchange will not change, even if the value of the photography increases. As her work changes in value over time, so will the relative value of BitchCoin.

How did BitchCoin get started?

BitchCoin is the focus of “Where 6,” an exhibition on prediction at Where, a gallery and publishing house headquartered in a shipping container in Brooklyn. Where invited Sarah Meyohas to “mine” her coins in the gallery and design how BitchCoin would operate. The installed mining rig can viewed through Where’s live-streaming webcam. In addition as part of the exhibition, Where is jumpstarting the currency by investing directly in BitchCoin itself.

Why would I buy BitchCoin?

BitchCoin allows art collectors to invest directly in Sarah Meyohas as a value producer rather than investing in the artwork itself. For investors, BitchCoin is like any currency tradable on the open market. It’s a bet on Sarah Meyohas with no expiration.

How do Bitch Coins Work?

Investors can always exchange their BitchCoins for photographic prints by Meyohas.

BitchCoins can be exchanged for these or any similar editioned photographs that Meyohas produces in the future.  By purchasing BitchCoin, the investor is buying credit for a future work that Sarah Meyohas has not yet produced.

How is Bitch Coin Backed?

For every new release of BitchCoin, Meyohas sets aside an unframed archival chromogenic print in a bank vault, so that 25 square inches of photography backs every BitchCoin.

Once the print is locked in a vault, an equivalent number of BitchCoins—corresponding to the size of that BitchCoin-backed print—is then released into circulation.

BitchCoin is fully asset-backed, much like the former U.S. gold standard, which once linked paper money to gold reserves in Fort Knox. When a BitchCoin-backed print is purchased with BitchCoins, the coins are destroyed since they are no longer asset-backed.

How do I invest in BitchCoin?

BitchCoins can be purchased in person at the launch party or on this website. After the initial launch, BitchCoins will be available for trade on a currency exchange.

When is the BitchCoin launch?

The BitchCoin launch party will be on February 15, 8 PM, at Trinity Place Bar in the Financial District of Manhattan. 115 Broadway, New York, NY, 10006.

How many BitchCoins will be sold at the launch?

200 coins will be sold at the launch to back the edition of one photograph, titled Speculation. It will be an unframed, digital chromogenic print, 21 ⅝  x 28 ⅞ inches, edition of 8. At the conversion rate, each print is valued at 25 BitchCoins.

Where can I use BitchCoin?

BitchCoin can be exchanged in perpetuity for any of Sarah Meyohas’ editioned, unframed archival chromogenic photographs.  BitchCoin will ultimately be available on a currency exchange for conversion into US dollars or other monies.  In addition, BitchCoin can also be bought and sold privately by transferring possession of the physical BitchCoin certificate.

What is the Bitch Coin Certificate?

When you purchase a BitchCoin you will receive a physical certificate. The certificate is an engraved piece of paper with two unique strings of numbers and letters, called “keys.” The certificate and corresponding keys are called a “wallet,” because they allow one to access an encrypted account that holds one’s BitchCoin balance.

The BitchCoin account is encrypted with two keys. One is a public key which describes the address from which you may send and receive coins. The private key is the password which verifies ownership. Transfer of the certificate or the keys transfers ownership of the corresponding BitchCoins in the account.

The account is anonymous, and only accessible via those keys. Anybody with access to both keys can steal the balance. If both keys are lost, the coins are also lost. Keep your certificate safe and your private key secret!

What is the BitchCoin client?

In addition to transferring certificates, one may also use the BitchCoin client - a free software program (for MAC and PC) that will be downloadable from Bitchcoin.biz. that can be used to send and receive coins electronically. The client allows investors to buy or sell partial balances without relinquishing their entire certificate, or “wallet.”

Why would an artist produce BitchCoin?

Visual artists generally don’t receive royalties like musicians or writers. An artist’s work might fluctuate wildly on the market, changing hands between collectors several times without any permission of, or compensation to, the artist. BitchCoin gives Sarah Meyohas a controlling stake in the supply, demand, and price of her own work.

What is special about BitchCoin?  How is it different from other digital currencies?

BitchCoin is different from other digital currencies in that it is backed by an asset. BitchCoin is different from other backed currencies in that the asset is photography.

How is BitchCoin unlike other traditional currencies?

There are two schools of thought regarding money. “Chartalism” sees money as simple tokens of credit relationships—the tokens themselves, e.g. paper money, have no value. “Metallism” sees money as a commodity, like gold or silver, whose value is inherent. BitchCoin conforms to both Chartalist and Metallist readings: it is a dematerialized network, yet backed and mined.

How will BitchCoins be released in the future?

Coins will be released to satisfy demand and create enough volume for the market to function.  The web site will always list the current number of BitchCoins in circulation and if any are available directly from Sarah Meyohas.

How much does BitchCoin cost?

For the launch, BitchCoin is fixed at an exchange rate of 100 US dollars. Thereafter, the exchange rate will float, influenced by the demand for the coin and the relative value of artwork by Sarah Meyohas. Some of the factors that may influence the price include the volume of the coin, the edition size of the photographs, and of greatest correlation, the success of Sarah Meyohas’ career.

What is the BitchCoin Block Chain?

The BitchCoin blockchain is a public ledger available through the BitchCoin client that records all transactions. Through this mechanism BitchCoin is fully transparent.

The blockchain also records the “genesis message” encrypted in the first one hundred BitchCoins. It reads: “in the pink.”

Who is Sarah Meyohas?
Sarah Meyohas is an artist. She studied finance and international studies at the Wharton School of Business, and is currently finishing her Master of Fine Arts at the Yale School of Art. You can see more of her work here: http://www.sarahmeyohas.com/

OFFICIAL homepage is: http://www.bitchcoin.biz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 11:18:54 PM

Biatch ! :-)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:19:21 PM

How can I slap that Bitch?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:20:10 PM

Why premined?
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:22:50 PM

Why premined?

What is BitchCoin?

BitchCoin is a digital currency backed by the photography of Sarah Meyohas at a fixed exchange rate of 1 BitchCoin to 25 square inches of photographic print. This rate of exchange will not change, even if the value of the photography increases. As her work changes in value over time, so will the relative value of BitchCoin.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:26:49 PM

"For the launch, BitchCoin is fixed at an exchange rate of 100 US dollars."

Who the fuck is Sarah?  Shocked
copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:32:36 PM

a photographer!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:47:33 PM

lol bitchcoin
i can pay bitch with this coin  Cool

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 02:44:54 AM

I initially rolled my eyes at this, but it is actually pretty clever and creative.  It's like an IPO, but instead of shares of a corporation, you are getting shares of artist and the value of her art.  Sarah fades into obscurity and dies of a heroin overdose?  You get fuck all.  Sarah becomes the next darling of the modern art world?  Make out like a bandit.  Just another example of the cool stuff that blockchain technology can enable.

I know nothing about art and am not going to be investing, but I'm curious to see what happens with this project.  I will tentatively stamp this one with the SockPuppetAccount seal of approval, which is surely what you came here for.  Good luck.
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:36:40 AM

But I already made Bitchcoin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=790498.0

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
WEBcreator

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:04:33 AM

lol yeah just noticed that they already were a bitchcoin, so instead someone should make a biatchcoin Grin

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:11:19 AM

Better idea... Anyone sending me back to Iceland will get 50% ownership of all the work I do there during my trip.  Guaranteed results from an already established award-winning photographer.  Beautiful pieces that you can hang in any home and give to your grandmother without embarrassment.  It's 50% yours!  Partner up with me and we both win.

Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:12:48 AM

Ah "edgy" fashionable art... You know what Oscar Wilde said about fashion don't you?

"Fashion is something so ugly it has to change every six months." - Oscar Wilde
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 04:00:58 PM

What is BitchCoin?

1 coin backed by 25 sq inches of print. Sounds great but if you can create as many print outs of any photograph, that means that this 'backing' is not very solid.

What guarantee do I have regarding this 'backing'? Has Sarah signed any legally binding obligation? Each time she makes any photograph a new coins will be issued? How do I redeem 1 coin for photo print? What are the specs of this coin (who will keep the network going)?

This looks like a very poor execution of pretty interesting concept.

Also, there's already 'BitchCoin':

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=790498.0

Well done on getting some media attention tho:

http://time.com/money/3703658/an-artist-mints-her-own-take-on-bitcoin/

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:37:22 PM

As I said in the other thread about this, I seriously do not get what the artist wants we think this coin. Can't the artist just price her art in BTC and accept it as payment?

Some clarification is needed Smiley Otherwise this is just a way of making publicity to a product by jumping on the cryptocurrency hype train, IMO
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 02:52:20 PM

As I said in the other thread about this, I seriously do not get what the artist wants we think this coin. Can't the artist just price her art in BTC and accept it as payment?

Some clarification is needed Smiley Otherwise this is just a way of making publicity to a product by jumping on the cryptocurrency hype train, IMO

Publicity stunt is probably all that is. But it can backfire badly for the artist if there are some legal issues.

Also this is pretty worrying:

Where invited Sarah Meyohas to “mine” her coins in the gallery and design how BitchCoin would operate. The installed mining rig can viewed through Where’s live-streaming webcam.

It sounds like the whole mining process is centralised and powered by one (!?) mining rig. Good luck with that.

Frankly, this sounds like much better offer:

Better idea... Anyone sending me back to Iceland will get 50% ownership of all the work I do there during my trip.  Guaranteed results from an already established award-winning photographer.  Beautiful pieces that you can hang in any home and give to your grandmother without embarrassment.  It's 50% yours!  Partner up with me and we both win.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:32:14 PM

Publicity stunt is probably all that is. But it can backfire badly for the artist if there are some legal issues.

Also this is pretty worrying:

Where invited Sarah Meyohas to “mine” her coins in the gallery and design how BitchCoin would operate. The installed mining rig can viewed through Where’s live-streaming webcam.

It sounds like the whole mining process is centralised and powered by one (!?) mining rig. Good luck with that.

I agree that one is a better offer... Let's see where both artists go Grin
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:39:44 PM

can I hire bitches paying them with bitchcoin?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:50:57 PM

I think this is very clever if you look at it as a conceptual art project, not so much as a cryptocurrency.

It prompts some interesting questions on the value of money, especially seeing as the photographs themselves (which back the coins) are, by definition, reproducible.

Funny thing is, she's bypassed the main point of crypto, which is to enable trustless transfer of value. Because the mining is centralized on a single machine, we have to trust her, therefore she could have just sold shares in herself in a traditional way.

I'm tempted to buy some, just because I really like the concept, but I do think there are serious flaws (I accept that some of the flaws actually make the project more thought-provoking as an art-piece)

I have some questions:

Does the artist develop prints using old-school analogue technology (darkrooms, manual dodging and burning etc.) or digital? I would be less keen on buying shares in a digital artist as there is nothing stopping them from filling up the vault with identical prints, call it photo-QE if you like. At least with analogue no prints will be 100% identical.

Is there any plan on allowing the coin to be mined by the public? Although this would be dangerous (BitchCoin could easily be 51% attacked), the fact that the mining is centralized means there is a single point of failure, and the risk of fraud.

How soon after the launch will it be possible to trade BitchCoin, and on what platform/exchange?

Does the artist normally produce similar sized pieces as the one in the launch party?

-----------------------------------------------------

If I had done this project, I would have changed some things to help with the trust issues. I would have used a Bitcoin sidechain (are they a thing yet?) instead of a whole new coin, to utilise the strength of the network. Also set up a 24/7 webcam in the vault where the photos go, to make sure there is a reasonable record of what goes in and out. Of course it could be faked, but it's better than just taking someone's word for it.

Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:51:18 PM

Better idea... Anyone sending me back to Iceland will get 50% ownership of all the work I do there during my trip.  Guaranteed results from an already established award-winning photographer.  Beautiful pieces that you can hang in any home and give to your grandmother without embarrassment.  It's 50% yours!  Partner up with me and we both win.

I agree that one is a better offer... Let's see where both artists go Grin

Well thanks to you both!  As to where I'm going, first to London, because I've got enough air-miles to get there and there are ridiculously cheap flights from there to Iceland.  I'll be using Couchsurfer.com which is full of fellow photographers with connections.  My goal is to do a detailed study of one subject, this waterfall, and do an entire book about it including an interview with the family who have this natural wonder in their back-yard.  How it fits in with their life, what it means to them, etc, etc.  Most people seem to have this hit-and-run attitude towards their subjects, always rushing off to the next one.  I prefer to soak in it, listen, feel, smell, turn the mind off and go Ommmmm.  You have to switch everything off to really hear.  I only had half an hour with this subject due to circumstances beyond my control.  Unfinished business, I won't rest until I'm back there and have done what needed to be done.

P.S.  Wanna see a REAL photographer?  This guy here, now that's a photographer, that's what it takes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: