Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:47:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Dark going to the moon?  (Read 4012 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 05:11:01 PM

If you guys like Darkcoin, you should check out Spreadcoin.

1.  Currently testing IMPROVED masternodes which are substantially more profitable than Darkcoin masternodes: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101.0

2.  The Darkcoin dev will soon be copying the Spreadcoin dev's masternode implementation: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/page-2#post-39115 because the Spreadcoin masternodes don't rely on a centralized reference node.

...and the utility that Spreadcoin offers over Darkcoin is what exactly?

Easy to setup masternodes that don't require a centralized reference node.  We setup over 1600 masternodes in less than two days.

Once masternodes are on mainnet, the Spreadcoin dev plans to implement anonymity as well.  As he created a superior masternode system, I'm sure he'll create a superior anonymity system.  I'm sure Darkcoin will appeal to darknet markets but no big retailer is going to use a, "Dark" coin despite wanting privacy for their customers.  That's where Spreadcoin will come in.  You guys can have the drugs, we'll take the rest.
That being said there is always room for improvement in every coin tech... So keep the faith there big guy Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
DavidR

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:12:25 PM

1.  Currently testing IMPROVED masternodes which are substantially more profitable than Darkcoin masternodes: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101.0

2.  The Darkcoin dev will soon be copying the Spreadcoin dev's masternode implementation: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/page-2#post-39115 because the Spreadcoin masternodes don't rely on a centralized reference node.

Easy to setup masternodes that don't require a centralized reference node.  We setup over 1600 masternodes in less than two days.

Once masternodes are on mainnet, the Spreadcoin dev plans to implement anonymity as well.  As he created a superior masternode system, I'm sure he'll create a superior anonymity system.  I'm sure Darkcoin will appeal to darknet markets but no big retailer is going to use a, "Dark" coin despite wanting privacy for their customers.  That's where Spreadcoin will come in.  You guys can have the drugs, we'll take the rest.

lol, good luck with that. I guess do what you need to in order to get some volume into your coin.

You guys were laughing when our dev said he was going to create an improved masternode system.  Not laughing about that now though, are you.  At least if you have the ability to read code and can look at both masternode systems objectively. 
DavidR

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:13:44 PM

1.  Currently testing IMPROVED masternodes which are substantially more profitable than Darkcoin masternodes: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101.0

2.  The Darkcoin dev will soon be copying the Spreadcoin dev's masternode implementation: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/page-2#post-39115 because the Spreadcoin masternodes don't rely on a centralized reference node.

Easy to setup masternodes that don't require a centralized reference node.  We setup over 1600 masternodes in less than two days.

Once masternodes are on mainnet, the Spreadcoin dev plans to implement anonymity as well.  As he created a superior masternode system, I'm sure he'll create a superior anonymity system.  I'm sure Darkcoin will appeal to darknet markets but no big retailer is going to use a, "Dark" coin despite wanting privacy for their customers.  That's where Spreadcoin will come in.  You guys can have the drugs, we'll take the rest.
That being said there is always room for improvement in every coin tech... So keep the faith there big guy Wink

You have faith in what you can't see or touch.  I can see and use Spreadcoin's improved masternodes.  At this point, it's not about faith, it's about educating people about a viable and superior alternative.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:15:51 PM

Once masternodes are on mainnet, the Spreadcoin dev plans to implement anonymity as well.  As he created a superior masternode system, I'm sure he'll create a superior anonymity system.  I'm sure Darkcoin will appeal to darknet markets but no big retailer is going to use a, "Dark" coin despite wanting privacy for their customers.  That's where Spreadcoin will come in.  You guys can have the drugs, we'll take the rest.

lol, good luck with that. I guess do what you need to in order to get some volume into your coin.

You guys were laughing when our dev said he was going to create an improved masternode system.  Not laughing about that now though, are you.  At least if you have the ability to read code and can look at both masternode systems objectively.  

I'm still laughing... $4,600 in 24 hour volume compared to $560,000. Keep riding the coat-tails of DRK. Any useful code, being that both projects are open source, can be implemented as needed should that be the direction Evan and team decide to go in. <3

Besides, running 1600 nodes with no capital requirements and no restrictions on how many can be on an IP isn't anything that strikes me as superior. Academically interesting, sure, but a good model for a diverse network, no.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:17:02 PM

Why is Dark going to the moon?
Careful, if it lands on the dark side of the moon, then the price will not be impressive.  Tongue

DavidR

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:25:37 PM

Once masternodes are on mainnet, the Spreadcoin dev plans to implement anonymity as well.  As he created a superior masternode system, I'm sure he'll create a superior anonymity system.  I'm sure Darkcoin will appeal to darknet markets but no big retailer is going to use a, "Dark" coin despite wanting privacy for their customers.  That's where Spreadcoin will come in.  You guys can have the drugs, we'll take the rest.

You guys were laughing when our dev said he was going to create an improved masternode system.  Not laughing about that now though, are you.  At least if you have the ability to read code and can look at both masternode systems objectively.  

I'm still laughing... $4,600 in 24 hour volume compared to $560,000. Keep riding the coat-tails of DRK. Any useful code, being that both projects are open source, can be implemented as needed should that be the direction Evan and team decide to go in. <3

Besides, running 1600 nodes with no capital requirements and no restrictions on how many can be on an IP isn't anything that strikes me as superior. Academically interesting, sure, but a good model for a diverse network, no.

We already concluded that your dev is going to copy Spreadcoin's masternodes.  We're ok with that and are quite flattered.

When masternodes come to mainnet, you'll be eating crow.  I bet there will be more than 1600 setup in the first two days because there will then be a financial gain to be had unlike testnet.  As they are more than 4 times as profitable as Darkcoin masternodes, I bet a lot of Darkcoin masternode owners will end up running both on their VPS.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:28:37 PM

We already concluded that your dev is going to copy Spreadcoin's masternodes.  We're ok with that and are quite flattered.

When masternodes come to mainnet, you'll be eating crow.  I bet there will be more than 1600 setup in the first two days because there will then be a financial gain to be had unlike testnet.  As they are more than 4 times as profitable as Darkcoin masternodes, I bet a lot of Darkcoin masternode owners will end up running both on their VPS.

You guys concluded nothing. Just because Evan's idea of implementation is similar to what Spread uses does not mean he will even use your code. Much like your dev has redone the masternode code that Evan wrote. Premature eflateration. Is it ruled out completely, no, but considering your whole coin is based on old Darkcoin code, I think it's us that should be flattered.

Guess we'll see about mainnet. I foresee short-lived hype with anemic volume continuing before ultimately people lose interest. But I do look forward to being proven wrong. Smiley
DavidR

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:35:13 PM

Our dev rewrote the masternode code.  There isn't a single line of Darkcoin code so it is no longer based on Darkcoin code.  Your dev wrote his thread about the new masternode system hours after our dev released his source code.  Your dev must have read the code and realized, "Wow, this is how I need to do it."  And sure enough, everything he said he was going to do is exactly what Spreadcoin has already done.

Seriously, look at the time stamps here:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.0 - Our dev releases his code January 27, 2015, 11:48:42 AM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/ - Your dev writes his masternode update thread: January 27, 2015, 3:14 PM

Coincidence?  I THINK NOT!
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 05:58:38 PM

Our dev rewrote the masternode code.  There isn't a single line of Darkcoin code so it is no longer based on Darkcoin code.  Your dev wrote his thread about the new masternode system hours after our dev released his source code.  Your dev must have read the code and realized, "Wow, this is how I need to do it."  And sure enough, everything he said he was going to do is exactly what Spreadcoin has already done.

Seriously, look at the time stamps here:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.0 - Our dev releases his code January 27, 2015, 11:48:42 AM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-1-instantx-development-update.3769/ - Your dev writes his masternode update thread: January 27, 2015, 3:14 PM

Coincidence?  I THINK NOT!
May the force be with you,  young padawan.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:05:07 PM

It's is mooning for the same reason it did last time, manipulators brought in around 2 weeks ago then they do what they do best pump to a level and now we have the amateurs panic buying because it's going to be the next bitcoin  Grin

Next step we will see what we see last time (check the graphs) freefall the manipulators will be even richer the panic buyers will be even poorer it's a great world we live in where the rich get richer and the poor get...

Ps there is money to be made obviously but make sure you get out before the crash

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/darkcoin/
DavidR

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:15:11 PM

It's is mooning for the same reason it did last time, manipulators brought in around 2 weeks ago then they do what they do best pump to a level and now we have the amateurs panic buying because it's going to be the next bitcoin  Grin

Next step we will see what we see last time (check the graphs) freefall the manipulators will be even richer the panic buyers will be even poorer it's a great world we live in where the rich get richer and the poor get...

Ps there is money to be made obviously but make sure you get out before the crash

The nice thing about Spreadcoin and its improved masternodes is it's still very cheap.  The poor have a chance to get rich.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:18:20 PM

Good grief. It's not even fun anymore... This shtick is getting old and boring.  If people are to lazy or ignorant to read about and research  the technology,  then f'em.  This is about utility and features that should have been hard forked into BTC... Why peeps see value in LTC  for example is beyond comprehension.  BTC sure... It was the first one in... But this does not protect it in the fast moving world of crypto.  Trust me,  as a brick and mortar winery owner,  one crypto currency would have been preferred. It would make mass adoption much easier... But there are to many problems or omissions in BTC that worry me and many of my clients.   

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:22:44 PM

The nice thing about Spreadcoin and its improved masternodes is it's still very cheap.  The poor have a chance to get rich.

See and in there lies the issue many don't understand... There are many of us that were in the beginning of DRK that are not here to get rich. Some of us did that with BTC,  Wink .  This is about BTC 2.0.  About moving this forward crypto currency adoption ... And not another get rich schemes. 

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:38:58 PM

Darkcoin has InstantX, too bad coin mixing itself can take hours or a day.

Shadowcash has Zero-Knowledge Proofs and in a few weeks decentralized market place, because what good is an anonymous coin with nowhere to spend it.....
Hammernecht

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:44:22 PM

Darkcoin has InstantX, too bad coin mixing itself can take hours or a day.

Shadowcash has Zero-Knowledge Proofs and in a few weeks decentralized market place, because what good is an anonymous coin with nowhere to spend it.....

U make big yap yap for squeaky lil puppy.
Truthfull

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

https://i.imgur.com/MrxPCGE.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: