Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:40:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage  (Read 4772 times)
velhoti

Activity: 84
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:21:24 PM

The easy way to do it is , get coins to one exchange where you think is high and get cash deposit to another and when you are ready wait for a good arbitrage opportunity and just sell at high and withdraw and by at cheap and withdraw Wink
But to make good profit , you will have to go with little good amount and look out for pretty nice difference , somtime it is even 8$

Right now is possible to buy at www.btc-e.com at price $237.3 per bitcoin and sell in www.vircurex.com at price $261 per bitcoin. it is a big diference but I still think it is not profitable long term.

That is not possible , vircurex is a small exchange as you can see there volume is 0.02 btc
How do you plan to sell it ?
You won't make profit but loss on such small trade

One could sell more than 0.2 btc bellow $261 and still is a good difference, but not too much to sell. You are right, this is one reason why I think it is not profitable.

If we look at it! suppose we buy btc at 240$ on btc-e.com and then get that 1 btc to vircurex.com
as per now Buy orders you can sell 0.818 btc for 204$
so you are left with 0.18 btc which you can withdraw and sell for 43$ at rate of 240$
so now you have total of 247$ (204 + 43)
when you withdraw a little fees is charged i.e. 0.002 btc which is 20x the normal transaction fee
so about 6$ profit for so much work with no gaurantee
Good luck if you want to do it Smiley

Though i like their interest policy , 15% interest(out of the trade fees)  to everyone with atleast 1 btc every 6 hours

I already tried that, and too buy and sell when the difference is big and do the opposite when the difference is small to avoid transfer money between exchanges. I already tried to buy bitcoin with litecoin, use the bitcoins to buy dollars and use the dollars to buy litecoin in the same exchange if the prices allow profit. I used a robot and neither of these strategies gave profit enough that worth.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:04:14 PM

The easy way to do it is , get coins to one exchange where you think is high and get cash deposit to another and when you are ready wait for a good arbitrage opportunity and just sell at high and withdraw and by at cheap and withdraw Wink
But to make good profit , you will have to go with little good amount and look out for pretty nice difference , somtime it is even 8$

Right now is possible to buy at www.btc-e.com at price $237.3 per bitcoin and sell in www.vircurex.com at price $261 per bitcoin. it is a big diference but I still think it is not profitable long term.

That is not possible , vircurex is a small exchange as you can see there volume is 0.02 btc
How do you plan to sell it ?
You won't make profit but loss on such small trade

One could sell more than 0.2 btc bellow $261 and still is a good difference, but not too much to sell. You are right, this is one reason why I think it is not profitable.

If we look at it! suppose we buy btc at 240$ on btc-e.com and then get that 1 btc to vircurex.com
as per now Buy orders you can sell 0.818 btc for 204$
so you are left with 0.18 btc which you can withdraw and sell for 43$ at rate of 240$
so now you have total of 247$ (204 + 43)
when you withdraw a little fees is charged i.e. 0.002 btc which is 20x the normal transaction fee
so about 6$ profit for so much work with no gaurantee
Good luck if you want to do it Smiley

Though i like their interest policy , 15% interest(out of the trade fees)  to everyone with atleast 1 btc every 6 hours

I already tried that, and too buy and sell when the difference is big and do the opposite when the difference is small to avoid transfer money between exchanges. I already tried to buy bitcoin with litecoin, use the bitcoins to buy dollars and use the dollars to buy litecoin in the same exchange if the prices allow profit. I used a robot and neither of these strategies gave profit enough that worth.

To really make profit out of arbitrage , you will have to put small order's on little exchange's on stable alt's like DOGE , BTC ain't gonna give you good profit with small volume
Gabe

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:24:23 PM

This is an interesting topic as I was looking into trading signals or arbitrage strategies in Bitcoin. I may have posted this a while ago but there is a research team that predicted Bitcoin will trade below $200. They will begin sending trade alerts on 24 Feb, I wonder if they have any Arbitrage strategies as well. Let me know what you think guys, they are into all kind of stuff, https://www.ddmarkets.com/selected-trade-alerts-packages/
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:44:47 PM

This is an interesting topic as I was looking into trading signals or arbitrage strategies in Bitcoin. I may have posted this a while ago but there is a research team that predicted Bitcoin will trade below $200. They will begin sending trade alerts on 24 Feb, I wonder if they have any Arbitrage strategies as well. Let me know what you think guys, they are into all kind of stuff, https://www.ddmarkets.com/selected-trade-alerts-packages/

Wow! a paid alert service
Why would someone use it ? Undecided
Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:14:43 PM

YOu can get a nice table regarding the prices and volume, high/low etc from here and the best part is that it is free and moreover I am working with my developer to push out new exchanges and other features.

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:37:51 PM

YOu can get a nice table regarding the prices and volume, high/low etc from here and the best part is that it is free and moreover I am working with my developer to push out new exchanges and other features.
Now that is good and exactly why i was saying why pay
Anyways real thanks Bitcoin Explorer , the site is pretty decent and updated Smiley
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:41:38 AM

Anyways real thanks Bitcoin Explorer , the site is pretty decent and updated Smiley
Well, thats exactly what i wnt to do, make a nice platform for all info regarding bitcoin trading and tools to help traders. Im open to advice on new features, admin@bitcoinpricelab.com and we can discuss.
Thanks

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:58:26 PM

Well, thats exactly what i wnt to do, make a nice platform for all info regarding bitcoin trading and tools to help traders. Im open to advice on new features, admin@bitcoinpricelab.com and we can discuss.
Thanks
No need to ping you , just a little advice , i know it's just bitcoinpricelab but adding often used currencies tab like DOGE and LTC might be usefull
Thank you once again
I will let you know if i find anything worth correction Smiley
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:02:46 PM

I remember the times when there were 50-100$ price differences... good times..  Cheesy
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:24:44 PM

I remember the times when there were 50-100$ price differences... good times..  Cheesy

What time was that?
I never used to trade before.
I started it soon .
late than never
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:22:39 AM

What time was that?
I started it soon .
late than never

When the bitcoin was 700-1000$
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:26:22 AM

What time was that?
I started it soon .
late than never

When the bitcoin was 700-1000$

good ! i missed those times
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:07:57 AM

Thanks
No need to ping you , just a little advice , i know it's just bitcoinpricelab but adding often used currencies tab like DOGE and LTC might be usefull
Thank you once again
I will let you know if i find anything worth correction Smiley
Well, my primary focus is to have all info regarding bitcoin, which has not yet been done. But in the coming few weeks, or maybe in late March, I'll have that done. I'm a bit busy nowadays with other projects.

rikfredsy

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

The best method is to wait a huge demand the sell , and a huge bid then buy

velhoti

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:29:53 PM

Probably the only method that worth but such market conditions happens only few times, so is too much money for little profit, considering arbitrage and bitcoin in general a risk investment and the little profit is more valuable invest in anything more conservative.
It is just my opinion. To be worth invest in arbitrage, it should give a considerable percentage of profit.
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:21:28 AM

Probably the only method that worth but such market conditions happens only few times, so is too much money for little profit, considering arbitrage and bitcoin in general a risk investment and the little profit is more valuable invest in anything more conservative.
It is just my opinion. To be worth invest in arbitrage, it should give a considerable percentage of profit.
doesnt have to give a great percentage , all you need is a big sum of money , but then again you probably shouldnt need more money..
velhoti

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:51:30 AM

doesnt have to give a great percentage , all you need is a big sum of money , but then again you probably shouldnt need more money..

Whatever big or small sum of money there are some better investments than arbitrage so arbitrage do not worth.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:11:55 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 02:22:39 PM by tee-rex

To really make profit out of arbitrage , you will have to put small order's on little exchange's on stable alt's like DOGE , BTC ain't gonna give you good profit with small volume

And in the end you inevitably end up burned when those obscure exchanges get hacked (or just turn into a scam on their own), and your money is wasted. Not worth it, too much risk with too little profit.
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:21:41 PM

if you want to do arbit, you might be interested in making a large transfer since they have a high fee. Something like 5-10k to buy 15-30btc on a 7$ price difference gives you a good profit that covers the difference

Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:30:24 PM

if you want to do arbit, you might be interested in making a large transfer since they have a high fee. Something like 5-10k to buy 15-30btc on a 7$ price difference gives you a good profit that covers the difference
The higher the amount you arbitrage the higher is the profit. It's that simple, but has many complications

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: