Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:02:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage  (Read 4766 times)
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:01:50 PM

Well, my primary focus is to have all info regarding bitcoin, which has not yet been done. But in the coming few weeks, or maybe in late March, I'll have that done. I'm a bit busy nowadays with other projects.

Yeah would love to see that
Anyways , thanks again , really love the site and the difference in hitbtc and btce Cheesy Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:29:53 PM

Well, my primary focus is to have all info regarding bitcoin, which has not yet been done. But in the coming few weeks, or maybe in late March, I'll have that done. I'm a bit busy nowadays with other projects.

Anyways , thanks again , really love the site and the difference in hitbtc and btce Cheesy Cheesy
Hehe, The fees also do matter. I might ad a auto or semi auto fee calculator soon.
Will keep you updated(since you liked it)
suggest literally anything and I'll try to get my developer to do it

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:55:13 PM

Hehe, The fees also do matter. I might ad a auto or semi auto fee calculator soon.

Just saw , Gross profit calculator have been added.
This really makes it quite easy and yes i like it !
You shall make a Separate thread for your site and am sure , that will be useful for many.
BTW , would love a chart for each exchange , like we click or hover over the exchange name and can see the exchange rate chart.
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:05:44 PM

Just saw , Gross profit calculator have been added.
This really makes it quite easy and yes i like it !
You shall make a Separate thread for your site and am sure , that will be useful for many.
BTW , would love a chart for each exchange , like we click or hover over the exchange name and can see the exchange rate chart.
I didn't get a clear idea of what you mentioned. Pleas elaborate. Also, next week, new exchanges will be added, and new charts are being discussed but we need a powerful server so im looking for a way to monetize the website to fund the server partially. Moreover, i dont want many charts because they are client sided(javascript) and will cause yourr computer to lagg.

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:15:39 PM

I didn't get a clear idea of what you mentioned. Pleas elaborate. Also, next week, new exchanges will be added, and new charts are being discussed but we need a powerful server so im looking for a way to monetize the website to fund the server partially. Moreover, i dont want many charts because they are client sided(javascript) and will cause yourr computer to lagg.

What i mean is , it would be pretty nice to have those BTC/USD rate charts too though they might lag the System but alternative way is to make them on different tab , so one can see the charts of all exchanges on a different place altogether.

And yes! you should Monetize your site.
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:32:51 AM

What i mean is , it would be pretty nice to have those BTC/USD rate charts too though they might lag the System but alternative way is to make them on different tab , so one can see the charts of all exchanges on a different place altogether.

though we're getting quite a fair amount of views, im still not focusing on it. Im looking for a couple of guys to work as a team maybe. After the third week of march, I'll buckle up and start full swing promotions of BitcoinPriceLab and also, try to make $70 for server costs.
we have a chart page already, bitcoinpricelab.com/charts

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:57:47 AM

though we're getting quite a fair amount of views, im still not focusing on it. Im looking for a couple of guys to work as a team maybe. After the third week of march, I'll buckle up and start full swing promotions of BitcoinPriceLab and also, try to make $70 for server costs.

Idk how i overlooked it , thank you
What type of guys are you looking for your team?
Any particular skills ?
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:08:16 AM

Idk how i overlooked it , thank you
What type of guys are you looking for your team?
Any particular skills ?

Glad to know you're interested, please let me know what all skills you got. But before that, I think we are going too off topic, so we'd rather communicate via PM  or skype or mail,
mail:admin@bitcoinpricelab.com

I would love to have you on my team in any aspect. Cheesy
Cheers

koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:32:45 AM

Glad to know you're interested, please let me know what all skills you got. But before that, I think we are going too off topic, so we'd rather communicate via PM  or skype or mail,
mail:admin@bitcoinpricelab.com

I would love to have you on my team in any aspect. Cheesy
Cheers

I would love to though i don't really have any good skills
I will message the details in PM
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:59:26 PM

Sometimes the BTC/USD rate differ a lot from an exchange to another, can be several USD. If I have an account in bitfinex, can I transfer the coins to kraken and sell them there ? For example if the rate is 220 $ in bitfinex and 225 $ in kraken.
There are many risks with arbitrage. Its risky business but can make big profits aswell as big losses. Each site you using for arbitrage can dissapear in matter of hours or be hacked. With your money lost.
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:44:34 AM

Sometimes the BTC/USD rate differ a lot from an exchange to another, can be several USD. If I have an account in bitfinex, can I transfer the coins to kraken and sell them there ? For example if the rate is 220 $ in bitfinex and 225 $ in kraken.
There are many risks with arbitrage. Its risky business but can make big profits aswell as big losses. Each site you using for arbitrage can dissapear in matter of hours or be hacked. With your money lost.
But the question here is the risk of arbitrage. Arbitrage I'd risky and is better to have money in both exchanges already.,

resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:52:51 AM

I think arbitrage is too risky and will end up in losing money because of fees. Today, with high-speed trading, arbitrage opportunities last only for a few milliseconds seconds in widely traded markets. Arbitrage opportunities in the commodity futures market last for very short periods.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:50:07 AM

I think arbitrage is too risky and will end up in losing money because of fees. Today, with high-speed trading, arbitrage opportunities last only for a few milliseconds seconds in widely traded markets. Arbitrage opportunities in the commodity futures market last for very short periods.
Yeah I recently read about arbitrage in the stock markets, and it lasts literally for seconds, but for Bitcoin, the time frame is better. So it might be risky but is definitely profitable

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:43:28 AM

Yeah I recently read about arbitrage in the stock markets, and it lasts literally for seconds, but for Bitcoin, the time frame is better. So it might be risky but is definitely profitable

I've been doing this, it works, and it is profitable. The real problem is when an exchange doesn't fulfill your withdrawal request at once but withholds your coins (or doesn't deposit the money after the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain). Also, btc transactions are frustratingly slow, and you can end up waiting for half an hour for your transaction to get confirmed first.
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:17:06 AM

I've been doing this, it works, and it is profitable. The real problem is when an exchange doesn't fulfill your withdrawal request at once but withholds your coins (or doesn't deposit the money after the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain). Also, btc transactions are frustratingly slow, and you can end up waiting for half an hour for your transaction to get confirmed first.
This can be tackled with money being deposited in both the exchanges.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:05:38 AM

This can be tackled with money being deposited in both the exchanges.

I know this, but why restrain yourself to trading in just two exchanges? Besides that, this way you will be losing some of your profits (as well as constraining your losses if something goes wrong, e.g. the market sentiment suddenly changes).
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:26:16 AM

The easy way to do it is , get coins to one exchange where you think is high and get cash deposit to another and when you are ready wait for a good arbitrage opportunity and just sell at high and withdraw and by at cheap and withdraw Wink
But to make good profit , you will have to go with little good amount and look out for pretty nice difference , somtime it is even 8$

Right now is possible to buy at www.btc-e.com at price $237.3 per bitcoin and sell in www.vircurex.com at price $261 per bitcoin. it is a big diference but I still think it is not profitable long term.

Vircurex usd/btc is a dead pair, you cant deposit USD on there anymore last time i checked, think the volume is almost nothing.
koelen3
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:43:52 PM

The easy way to do it is , get coins to one exchange where you think is high and get cash deposit to another and when you are ready wait for a good arbitrage opportunity and just sell at high and withdraw and by at cheap and withdraw Wink
But to make good profit , you will have to go with little good amount and look out for pretty nice difference , somtime it is even 8$

Right now is possible to buy at www.btc-e.com at price $237.3 per bitcoin and sell in www.vircurex.com at price $261 per bitcoin. it is a big diference but I still think it is not profitable long term.

Vircurex usd/btc is a dead pair, you cant deposit USD on there anymore last time i checked, think the volume is almost nothing.

Try this site : http://bitcoinpricelab.com/

Right now there is a arbitrage opportunity of 14$ between HitBTC and btc-e
~Good luck Wink
cozytrade

Activity: 1098
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Are you still able to trade USD with HitBTC ? We need practical insight rather than theoretical  Wink

~Good luck Wink

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View ArchiveReport to moderator 
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████▄
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
████████████▀██▀
████▀█████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
Bitcoin Explorer

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:52:38 AM

Try this site : http://bitcoinpricelab.com/

~Good luck Wink
Thanks for using bitcoinpricelab
I've noticed that HitBTC always has the highest price

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: