Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Gates interview: How the world will change by 2030  (Read 1531 times)
coinut (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:03:28 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 09:18:21 AM by coinut

hey guys/gals

just watched this video, I thought for anyone interested in what Bill Gates take of digital payments and where he sees them in the future and speaks about bitcoin.

video is 17 min if you want to skip to the digital payments questions and bitcoin skip to around 8.30 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RETFyDKcw0
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:09:37 AM

hey guys/gals

just watched this video, I thought for anyone interested in what Bill Gates take of digital payments and where he sees them in the future and speaks about bitcoin.

video is 17 min if you want to skip to the digital payments questions and bitcoin skip to around 8.30 min

I cannot detect a link. Care to share it with us?
mitus-2

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:10:43 AM

hey guys/gals

Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

hey guys/gals

Thank you. Watching the last few minutes of it right now. The comments seem to be rather... unflattering to the people who hosted it.  Tongue
coinut (OP)

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:19:28 AM

how silly of me, sorry I added the link in the op..

sakira

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:23:52 AM

always expect the best every year for the development of bitcoin Smiley
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:04:01 AM

for the very lazy people bitcoin is first mentioned at 11:50
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:09:37 AM

I must say whats wrong with having centralised institutions for those who need more control with bitcoin ?  Either way hes just pumping bitcoin the more he talks about it.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 10:41:11 AM

May be Hi is planning Mobile Wallet (other than BTC)...........
finlon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:56:30 AM

May be Hi is planning Mobile Wallet (other than BTC)...........

I think since his focus is also people who can't afford it, then that would be a must for whatever he launches.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:05:54 PM

I hate how it's normal practice in america to just voice over someone while he's talking.

They do the same when someone talks in a language other than english.

It's extremely rude and also they could easily use it to censor things.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:18:28 PM

I think this was already posted.
He has said he likes BTC but he says it will never solve the main problems of trust and so on. Im sure he wants to create a new coin, centralized of course, where he can control the supply. Never trust this guy.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:48:12 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Gates and friends are all secret Ripple bagholders that will start pumping it and adopt it as their coin.
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:07:10 PM

It was a good interview, true what he says about BitCoin.
ChuckBuck

Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 10:40:43 PM

In short, Bill Gates says "Bitcoin isn't quite ready for primetime", which in all honesty, is for the most part true.

There's still alot of development, investment, integration, and implementation to where we can finally use Bitcoin in the sense that Bill would use in this interviews example, in impoverished nations where the unbanked would transact in BTC via mobile phones.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:47:02 PM

In short, Bill Gates says "Bitcoin isn't quite ready for primetime", which in all honesty, is for the most part true.

There's still alot of development, investment, integration, and implementation to where we can finally use Bitcoin in the sense that Bill would use in this interviews example, in impoverished nations where the unbanked would transact in BTC via mobile phones.

Check this out:

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bill-gates-3-criticisms-of-bitcoin/29139

Basically he wants to change 3 fundamental points of what makes Bitcoin Bitcoin to support it...
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:48:51 PM

Bill Gates is a thief and plagiator. Now he see Bitcoin works so he sure have plan to use similar technology just centralised and under his controll. He copied most of his projects so i am not suprised he now want to copy Bitcoin.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:50:34 PM

But something about bitcoin needs to be done. I have trouble with price price fluctuation of bitcoin. Every Time someone big is selling whole market is shaking. I want a way to make bitcoin price more stable.
kwaasteniet

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:14:29 PM

He can tell nothing about 2030. If anybody in 2008 had said that the banks would be collapse , he was declared mad.
cellard
Legendary

Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:10:10 AM

Bill Gates is a thief and plagiator. Now he see Bitcoin works so he sure have plan to use similar technology just centralised and under his controll. He copied most of his projects so i am not suprised he now want to copy Bitcoin.

He wants to pull a Xerox and create a closed source currency and market it like he did with Windows.
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:47:15 AM

He wants to pull a Xerox and create a closed source currency and market it like he did with Windows.

We could see a MicrosoftCoin soon, but you don't get to own the coins, you pay for a license to use them. What would the equivalent of a BSOD be for a cryptocoin, because we can probably expect plenty? If Apple's already launching stuff you can bet Microsoft won't be far behind.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:34:29 AM

i still remember like 7 years ago when i was in a relationship (now i am married with the same girl BTW) we used to send MMS with a 10 secounds video limitation with a hell bad quality sender pay 0.10$ and recever pays 0.10$ as well , now i see couples doing video chat over skype , viber etc anyways the point is it will change like hell till 2030

sakira

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:35:02 PM

He can tell nothing about 2030. If anybody in 2008 had said that the banks would be collapse , he was declared mad.

so he was like a man who has a sixth sense(can know the future)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 04:34:44 PM

i bet they already did. who can tell non of those big pump and dump shitcoins werent invested by a big corporation. there is huge profits there

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:17:27 PM

i bet they already did. who can tell non of those big pump and dump shitcoins werent invested by a big corporation. there is huge profits there

It doesn't take Bill Gates tier whales to pump shitcoins. A small time whale can move markets of small altcoins alone.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:34:53 PM

It doesn't take Bill Gates tier whales to pump shitcoins. A small time whale can move markets of small altcoins alone.

This. Just look at the average volume on most altcoins in the average day. A guy with 100 BTC could be able to manipulate these markets with enough skills.
BitNerd

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:46:05 PM

In 2030, poor african people's phones will be getting blue screens from trying to pay from microsoft coins
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: