Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 07:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hongkong lawmakers wants to ban Bitcoin!! Bitfinex, Huobi, Okcoin in danger!!!  (Read 3242 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:01:52 PM

Accept That Bitcoin Is A Currency And Stop Blaming The Victims of Crime

In Hong Kong the Bitcoin “investment scheme” MyCoin has reportedly disappeared, along with over $350 million. The Hong Kong government’s response was to issue a warning about Bitcoin and digital currencies in general. That probably doesn't raise many eyebrows; we have all become accustomed to that response, but replace “Bitcoin” with almost anything else of value that could be stolen and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA)'s reaction would be outrageous. There is no talk about investigating or attempting to prosecute the crime, just a warning. The attitude that comes across is “What do you expect if you own a virtual currency?” Replace those last two words with gold or U.S. dollars, or almost anything else for that matter, and the statement becomes an insult.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/accept-that-bitcoin-is-a-currency-and-stop-blaming-the-victims-of-crime-cm442726

PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:09:49 PM

In Hong Kong the Bitcoin “investment scheme” MyCoin has reportedly disappeared, along with over $350 million. The Hong Kong government’s response was to issue a warning about Bitcoin and digital currencies in general. That probably doesn't raise many eyebrows; we have all become accustomed to that response, but replace “Bitcoin” with almost anything else of value that could be stolen and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA)'s reaction would be outrageous. There is no talk about investigating or attempting to prosecute the crime, just a warning. The attitude that comes across is “What do you expect if you own a virtual currency?” Replace those last two words with gold or U.S. dollars, or almost anything else for that matter, and the statement becomes an insult.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/accept-that-bitcoin-is-a-currency-and-stop-blaming-the-victims-of-crime-cm442726
$350 million yeh its near enough to $8.1 mil
http://www.coindesk.com/mycoin-hong-kong-police-8-1-million/
there hasn't been a ban for a long time
ban number 826 coming up
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 07:24:09 PM

ban number 826 coming up

Mt. Gox and BitStamp laugh at your $8.1 mill loss!   Cool

At least BitStamp had the Slovenian balls to continue operating after their hack.

$8mill is Peanuts in the grand scheme of things (and hacks/losses) when it comes to exchanges.  If anything it'll push customers towards either decentralized exchanges, or hyper regulated exchanges like the upcoming Gemini.  Growth!

Sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
fonzie (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:34:17 PM

ban number 826 coming up

Mt. Gox and BitStamp laugh at your $8.1 mill loss!   Cool

At least BitStamp had the Slovenian balls to continue operating after their hack.

$8mill is Peanuts in the grand scheme of things (and hacks/losses) when it comes to exchanges.  If anything it'll push customers towards either decentralized exchanges, or hyper regulated exchanges like the upcoming Gemini.  Growth!

The fact(?) that only 8$ millions were lost for sure will attract new investors! Much growth! BULLISH AS FUCK! (Fuck the stupid victims btw...)

Hard to believe that you are serious, but i don´t have many doubts after what i have already seen on this board in the last 1-2 years-

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

ban number 826 coming up

Mt. Gox and BitStamp laugh at your $8.1 mill loss!   Cool

$8mill is Peanuts in the grand scheme of things (and hacks/losses) when it comes to exchanges.  If anything it'll push customers towards either decentralized exchanges, or hyper regulated exchanges like the upcoming Gemini.  Growth!

The fact(?) that only 8$ millions were lost for sure will attract new investors! Much growth! BULLISH AS FUCK! (Fuck the stupid victims btw...)

Hard to believe that you are serious, but i don´t have many doubts after what i have already seen on this board in the last 1-2 years-

Yes I'm serious.  Peanuts, man.  Compare it to Mt. Gox's lost coins and it's a drop in the bucket.

I know your sole reason is to troll the forums to get a rise out Bulltards and try to sway some noobs, but your modus operandi is so dam played out.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:38:42 PM

Hong Kong is part of China. If China wants to ban bitcoin in Hong Kong, they now have the excuse. I think they should draft regulations and not a complete ban.
fonzie (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:48:00 PM

ban number 826 coming up

$8mill is Peanuts in the grand scheme of things (and hacks/losses) when it comes to exchanges.  If anything it'll push customers towards either decentralized exchanges, or hyper regulated exchanges like the upcoming Gemini.  Growth!

Yes I'm serious.  Peanuts, man.  Compare it to Mt. Gox's lost coins and it's a drop in the bucket.

I know your sole reason is to troll the forums to get a rise out Bulltards and try to sway some noobs, but your modus operandi is so dam played out.

I am resting my case here. If you really think that events like these will produce growth (for BTC/USD(CNY)) then i have nothing left to say. You win

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 07:50:21 PM

ban number 826 coming up

I am resting my case here. If you really think that events like these will produce growth (for BTC/USD(CNY)) then i have nothing left to say. You win

Thanks, I win!  YIPPEEEE!   Cool

That said, even if China/Hong Kong/1 or 2 lawmakers bans Bitcoin for the 334556 time, doesn't matter.

Bitcoin is more than 1 or 2 countries.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:54:06 PM

IS HK a nanny state?

no!
it is just Hong Kong!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:10:54 PM

hey look how many people are reading my topic.  i must really be someone.  i feel better now.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 10:50:57 PM

This is NOT FUD.
1. The PBOC ban in China between banks and exchanges goes into effect on China's new year... a couple days away!
2. The lawmaker in HK has the backing of about 45 pissed-off customers to get the HK ban going.
3. The BIGGIE... ALL of the Chinese exchanges use vouchers claimable in HK because of the up-coming PBOC ban.

These three things = If an KH ban happens, BTC will drop to serious lows as all Chinese will be selling-off!
Market controlled price with the Chinese continuing to control over 70% of all trading spells disaster if they are forced to sell.
Strap in.
 Grin

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
leopard2
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 11:47:40 PM

Read, then you will find that Mycoin was not an exchange but a weird sort of investment scam that smells like Ponzi.

Completely different from what the Chinese major exchanges do.

MyCoin promised clients a return of HK$1 million ($128,966) over a 4-month period, based on a HK$400,000 investment that would produce 90 bitcoins on maturity, the South China Morning Post reported on Monday.

and the lawmakers do realize the difference, so I would be surprised if they ban Bitcoin outright...

The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) said in a statement late on Monday that the case "may involve fraud or pyramid schemes," adding: "Given the highly speculative nature of Bitcoin, we have all along urged the public to exercise extra caution when considering making transactions or investments with Bitcoin."

Good FUD but still FUD.  Wink

Truth is the new hatespeech.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1358

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:43:06 AM

Please not this shit again  Sad

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:01:15 AM

ITT: bagholders shitting their pants in denial of reality.  'quit spreadin fud brah!'

lolllll good luck with this one, gaize!
CanadaBits

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 02:10:50 AM

Wont happen

gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:15:24 AM

You're in danger by using these exchanges regardless of if they're in danger by their own customs.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:53:59 AM

What's wrong with their site? It seems https://mycoin.hk/  is still running, did anyone call their number?

rememberme

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:54:07 AM

Agreed with Gadman

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:07:22 PM

Lol good luck Hong Kong. It'll go about as well as shutting down the cell towers during the Occupy movement . Lookup FireChat for anyone that doesnt know.
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:16:38 PM

We just got rick rolled
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: