Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DayZ Bitcoin group anyone?  (Read 6160 times)
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 06:32:21 AM

Just started playing this ARMAII mod.  It's pretty fun if you're into realism.  Anyone else playing this?  Wanna start a group?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:27:04 PM

C'mon, nobody wants to try to survive in 225 square km of mostly wilderness intermixed with zombie infested towns and deadly PvP bandits?  Maybe we could even become like the virtual version of the Armory and scavenge for rare military equipment and sell it.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:33:50 PM

Just started playing this ARMAII mod.  It's pretty fun if you're into realism.  Anyone else playing this?  Wanna start a group?

Oh shit, started playing yesterday.
I'm in Europe.
Would be nice to play with you, I feel so alone in that big scary island.
Let's make a Bitcoin bandit guild.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:46:21 PM

I am up for it Cheesy
I love DayZ and I am looking for people to play with, how about creating a skype group?
//DeaDTerra
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:09:25 PM

Just started playing this ARMAII mod.  It's pretty fun if you're into realism.  Anyone else playing this?  Wanna start a group?

Oh shit, started playing yesterday.
I'm in Europe.
Would be nice to play with you, I feel so alone in that big scary island.
Let's make a Bitcoin bandit guild.

Cool.  I might be able to play some tonight.  I'm on the East Coast US, but I've played some on Euro servers and it's been fine.  Right now I've got a pretty good thing going in Berezino.  I've mostly been sticking to the circled area because there's good access to a lot of supplies in that area.  There's a hospital, supermarket, and a hotel within a relatively small area.  It's a bit of a pain in the ass to get into town because there are a lot of zombies walking around, but once you're in you can navigate around relatively easily.

Berezino is nice because it's one of the bigger cities, but most people seem to stay further south and west.  I've been there for a couple days now and haven't seen a single survivor across several different fairly populated (20-50 people) servers.  I think it's a good place to build up your stash of supplies without the risk of getting shot or robbed.  Also, there's a small abandoned military camp nearby that might afford an opportunity to get some nice military grade weapons, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Also, I've noticed more hacking going on in more populated servers, so I think it's best to stick to servers with no more than 30 people.  Let me know if you want to come North to Berezino.  If so, I'll meet you half way.  I've got plenty of supplies, and can even treat severe blood loss and broken bones.  When I've started over I always seem to spawn along the coast in this area, and I basically moved in a straight line to Berezino.  I mostly avoided towns along my way.

amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:32:13 PM

Tried it for the first time over last weekend.  Even in it's alpha state it was a ton of fun.

Count me in.  If a Skype group or something else gets started up PM me for details to add me.  Hoping I'll have some time to get on again this weekend.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:46:04 PM

I've never done anything like this before.  This the first online game I've played in quite a long time, and I'm not sure what the best way to organize this is.  There's in-game direct voice comm, but you have to be in "ear" shot to hear voice chat or see text.  There's a group channel in-game, but I don't think it works yet.  Can you do free international voice chat with Skype?  I guess we could organize meetups through Skype groups through regular text chat and use something else for voice in-game for when we're spread out.  I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.  Hopefully radios get added to DayZ soon.

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:51:54 PM

I've got some time to kill so I'm going to get in the game and start making my way to the airfield in the North West corner.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:21:09 PM

I can setup a group conversation Smiley
So if you want in either add me on skype (terragubben) or pm me your skype information.
//DeaDTerra
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:21:20 PM

Not sure the best way either.  Currently I don't have a headset for voice since I've got my computer hooked up through my TV with HDMI (if necessary I can grab some USB extenders for headset though).

Don't use Skype much either, I'm assuming there is a way to create a "group" though?  Maybe just keep it text where when someone logs on they announce their in game name and server so we can at least all play in one spot and work together if we find each other?

I suppose we could also just do the same thing with this thread instead as well if it's easier.  

At work right now otherwise I'd hop on and do the same, good luck!
swissmate

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:38:20 PM

Shit shit shit, I've just found a medical camp with a goddamn A-130 jet full of gas!

Anyways, if any of you wants to play with me add me on steam
ID:swissmate
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 06:00:10 PM

I gotta get back to work.  I spent an hour getting to the airfield and while I was crawling through some grass some asshole killed me.  I have no idea where he was, but the shots sounded pretty close.  I had a ton a good stuff.  Oh well, I'll start again tomorrow.

swissmate

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 08:46:09 PM

I gotta get back to work.  I spent an hour getting to the airfield and while I was crawling through some grass some asshole killed me.  I have no idea where he was, but the shots sounded pretty close.  I had a ton a good stuff.  Oh well, I'll start again tomorrow.

Damn, if someone wants to meet with me. I'm north of Cherno ( biggest city).
Then we can connect to same server.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:20:06 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 10:32:48 PM by proudhon

I gotta get back to work.  I spent an hour getting to the airfield and while I was crawling through some grass some asshole killed me.  I have no idea where he was, but the shots sounded pretty close.  I had a ton a good stuff.  Oh well, I'll start again tomorrow.

Damn, if someone wants to meet with me. I'm north of Cherno ( biggest city).
Then we can connect to same server.

I'll make my way to that area in a few hours, gotta finish work.

Edit:  My new goal is to get a water bottle, matches, hatchet, and hunting knife so that I can make it in the wilderness on animal meat.  That way I won't need to make runs into town for canned food.  Animal meat also has the advantage of restoring blood more quickly than other foods, so it'll take the place of carrying around blood transfusion supplies.  Though, I still need to scrounge together some morphine for broken bones.  Can't wait to get back in...

TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:37:25 PM

where can you find matches?
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:38:41 PM

where can you find matches?

I've found em in random places.  A few times I've seen them in super markets.  They're just around.

Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:41:59 PM

I'm in for a group.
We could meet on a public Teamspeak server for start. Like this one for example http://www.ts3-servers.com/public-teamspeak-3 Channel: BTCArmy Smiley
It would be nice to get together and start let's say mercenary group, IE, if somebody wants us to crush a bandit or any other group, they could hire us, and pay us BTC for our service.

Or we could set up a market and sell meds, weapons and the rest of the loot, for BTC.
Hell, BTC would be a perfect fit for such a game, ingame, on so many levels. Had a halfbaked idea for that a while ago, but haven't made a progress.
Imagine killing someone walking around with some BTC in his backpack Smiley , ideas just keep popping.

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
swissmate

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:42:29 PM

Fuck... I just killed 3 survivors thinking they were bandits but when I approached to their bodies I found out they didn't even have weapons. Sad Feels bad

I got some grilled meat, lots of soda and a spare water bottle if anyone needs. Also a spare shotgun.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:53:18 PM

I'm in for a group.
We could meet on a public Teamspeak server for start. Like this one for example http://www.ts3-servers.com/public-teamspeak-3 Channel: BTCArmy Smiley
It would be nice to get together and start let's say mercenary group, IE, if somebody wants us to crush a bandit or any other group, they could hire us, and pay us BTC for our service.

Or we could set up a market and sell meds, weapons and the rest of the loot, for BTC.
Hell, BTC would be a perfect fit for such a game, ingame, on so many levels. Had a halfbaked idea for that a while ago, but haven't made a progress.
Imagine killing someone walking around with some BTC in his backpack Smiley , ideas just keep popping.

That's exactly what I've been thinking.  I think it'd be awesome to be hired guns.  The first order of business should be to build up a nice supply of weapons and supplies as covertly as possible.  We should all get together on low traffic servers and collect as much as we can.

Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:56:07 PM

http://www.ts3-servers.com/public-teamspeak-3, TS3: artemis.ts3-serveur.com:13500, Channel: BTCArmy

Let's meet there, and play for a bit(coin) if anyone's interested.

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: