Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:31:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DayZ Bitcoin group anyone?  (Read 6160 times)
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 11:00:59 PM

http://www.ts3-servers.com/public-teamspeak-3, TS3: artemis.ts3-serveur.com:13500, Channel: BTCArmy

Let's meet there, and play for a bit(coin) if anyone's interested.

It's gonna be a few hours before I can play.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 11:08:28 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 11:23:21 PM by Danijel Habek

It's gonna be a few hours before I can play.

Nvm, let's meet there in some other time, as it is right now 1AM GMT+1 here. Whoever get's on this TS first just create the BTCArmy channel, or whatever BTC...with password "correct horse battery staple".

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:51:11 PM

I'll be on in about 20 minutes.  Anyone want to join?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Danijel Habek

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:57:55 PM

I'll be on in about 20 minutes.  Anyone want to join?

I'll be on public TS, BTCArmy chan, pass: correct horse battery staple, in about 15mins

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:18:31 PM

I just installed TS.  I don't see the channel BTCArmy.

Danijel Habek

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:35:39 PM

artemis.ts3-serveur.com:13500
Chan BTCArmy, I'm in

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:45:58 PM

I'll join up.  I was thinking of ways bitcoin could be used in game for trading loot!

I may not be able to join until after Def Con.

Everyone new to Arma II should consider getting the training in the Operations United clan at unitedoperations.net the training will pay off in your survivability.

Awesome.  Danijel Habek and I are going to try to meet up in the game.  We're both in right now, but about 15-20 minutes hike apart.

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:46:30 PM

I think the plan is to head to Berezino and make a more permanent camp there.

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 07:36:35 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2012, 08:17:50 PM by proudhon

Ok good luck but realize your opsec is destroyed, anyone googling for dayz camp sites will be able to zero in on your location and hit you with everything they got.  Note how in youtube videos of dayz everyone masks grid and location names in the videos.  Grin

Maybe.  But there are lots of servers and lots of places to hide.  As soon as I can find a hatchet I'm going to camp out in the woods somewhere.  I've got a couple refillable water bottles, a hunting knife, medical supplies, and an AK with plenty of ammo.  I just need that damn hatchet.

Edit:  I'll probably play some more tonight around 11pm EST.  I'm back in Berezino, by the way.

Edit 2:  Danijel Habek, if you want, we could meet up at the North West Airfield.  I don't know how far you've made if from Kamenka, yet.  Let me know.  Finally, if anyone finds some antibiotics, let me know.  I've got some disease that won't let me restore my blood past 6000.

swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:38:44 PM

Fuck guys, I'm feeling really alone here in Cherno.
I've already killed 3 bandits, I don't know if I will survive longer...

I got some cooked meat and lots of soda so it would be nice to meet with some friendly survivor for once.
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:01:09 PM

Fuck guys, I'm feeling really alone here in Cherno.
I've already killed 3 bandits, I don't know if I will survive longer...

I got some cooked meat and lots of soda so it would be nice to meet with some friendly survivor for once.

You should try to hook up with Danijel.  When we were on TeamSpeak he had spawned in Kamenka and was planning on making his way up to Berezino.  If you want, we could meet in Stary Sobor.  Looks like it's a good half way point.  If we hook up there, it might be worthwhile to loot the North West Airfield for military weapons.  This AK is nice, but I'd like to get my hands on a sniper rifle or some other scoped weapon.

Danijel Habek

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:43:22 PM

Heh, got a good run across almost the whole map today, chased by zombies multiple times without any weapon, evaded gunshots, got pretty banged up, infected, then starved to death...will spawn again tomorrow and try to make it to Stary Sobor and camp around it so once we get together we can hop on the same server and finally meet eachother.

Maybe we should appoint the time when we try to ride together so we don't have to chase eachother on the forum?

Also good point on united operations courses, I've just passed fireteam operations, after doing basic familiarization course.

I dreamed of an ingame bitcoin terminal/wallet, considering ArmA has open source scripting for someone with knowledge that wouldn't be much trouble to do. Maybe would be a good idea to present it to the DayZ developers.
I'd put a bounty on some bandit heads by now...

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 12:41:12 AM

Heh, got a good run across almost the whole map today, chased by zombies multiple times without any weapon, evaded gunshots, got pretty banged up, infected, then starved to death...will spawn again tomorrow and try to make it to Stary Sobor and camp around it so once we get together we can hop on the same server and finally meet eachother.

Maybe we should appoint the time when we try to ride together so we don't have to chase eachother on the forum?

Also good point on united operations courses, I've just passed fireteam operations, after doing basic familiarization course.

I dreamed of an ingame bitcoin terminal/wallet, considering ArmA has open source scripting for someone with knowledge that wouldn't be much trouble to do. Maybe would be a good idea to present it to the DayZ developers.
I'd put a bounty on some bandit heads by now...

Tough day.  I spent some time in Berezino and finally found a hatchet in a barn to the East.  After that I made my way back to the Berezino hospital and finally was lucky enough to find some antibiotics.  With my infection under control I grabbed some morphine, a blood bag, and an epi-pen and headed into the mountains to the South.  I got a fire going and cooked up the meat I got off a cow I shot this morning.  With my health restored I started heading West along a ridge line and, to my surprise, found a fully working tractor tucked away in some trees.  Obviously somebody had fixed it up and hid it there and there was a fair amount of loot inside it too.

With my binocs I spotted a gas station about a km to the West and started heading toward it.  I was driving it through an open field and was getting a little too close to some buildings (and zombies) for my comfort so I tried to drive it in the woods and ran into a tree.  I was ejected from the tractor (lol, seriously, ejected) and was knocked unconscious for, no joke, about 10 minutes.  I'm lucky to have nearly completely restored my health just 10 minutes before finding the tractor because the accident took my blood level down to 3000.  Luckily I had 4 more cooked meats and a couple cans of beans and got my blood level back up above 6000.  Even after eating all that food my screen was still blurry (concussion, maybe), but it went away after taking some painkillers.

Anyway, I'll continue to make my way to Stary tonight.  I may even keep going to the airfield and check things out.  I really want to get a sniper rifle.  This time I'm gonna pick a high spot off in the distance and watch the area with my binocs for a few minutes.  Last time I went to the airfield somebody took me out because I rushed in to quickly and didn't take enough care as I moved around.

Danijel, If you end up spawning further east this time, let me know.  I'm happy to go back that way.   I'm well stocked now and I have everything I need to survive in the wilderness, so I don't feel the need to stick to any particular area (i.e. places with hospitals and supermarkets).

BTW, on my way up from Elektro to Berezino I ended up accidentally running into Rog Por (I like to stick to ridge lines when I'm on the move).  Check it out on the map, just North East of Elektro.  There was a ton of good shit there.  I got an AK and lots of amma and a bunch of other stuff (a compass, food, etc).  It's a tough area to get into and out of as it's surrounded by trees so you can't easily spot the zombies.  I spotted some external stairs going up one of the large castle-like structures and just made a beeline for the stairs in an all out sprint.  The zombies quickly came after me but were slowed down by the stairs and from the top I was able to easily take them all out.  Anyway, the area doesn't look like much on the map, but if you're in the South East and intent to go North, I think it's worth checking out.

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:48:34 AM

Went hunting as the sun was setting.  Managed to find and kill a boar.  Cooked its meat and setup camp near a small pond so I could refill my canteens.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 02:04:30 PM

Anyone have a copy for me Smiley?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 02:39:16 PM

Anyone have a copy for me Smiley?

You missed the Steam sale, eh?  I picked up ARMAII plus the expansion for $17 during the summer sale.

Update:  I'm at the NWA.  I've now got an M14 AIM (M14 EP1), an AKM, and an M1911.  I looted the NWA at night.  It was scary as hell, but I think it was safer than trying to do it during the day.  I think I'll hang around here a while longer on the hope that I can find a pair of night vision goggles.  Once I find a pair I'm heading back into the woods.

Let me know if any of you guys need help.  I've got loads of ammo, a couple morphines, and a blood bag.

proudhon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:52:17 PM

Anyone want to buy me another copy of ARMA II Combined Operations?  I'll pay 3.5BTC.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:00:08 PM

I was thinking of renting and hosting a DayZ Server, is this something people would be interested in?
//DeaDTerra
Danijel Habek

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:35:00 PM

I've made my way from Kamyshovo and now camping near Novy Sobor, waiting for someone to meet with me there or somewhere close.

I was thinking of renting and hosting a DayZ Server, is this something people would be interested in?
//DeaDTerra

Not sure, as I'm hopping from server to server depending on the time zone, ping and number of players.
If you have a plan to monetize it it could be good for you, I think there isn't much incentive yet to be at some server all the time. The United Operations community is shutting down it's DayZ server, as the community hasn't donated any funds toward their servers.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:40:48 PM

I've made my way from Kamyshovo and now camping near Novy Sobor, waiting for someone to meet with me there or somewhere close.

//DeaDTerra

Not sure, as I'm hopping from server to server depending on the time zone, ping and number of players.
If you have a plan to monetize it it could be good for you, I think there isn't much incentive yet to be at some server all the time. The United Operations community is shutting down it's DayZ server, as the community hasn't donated any funds toward their servers.
I was just planning on sponsoring it, and have a add for Gamma Bitcoin Fund or something on it and then people can donate Bitcoins to the server cost Smiley
The reason why you want a permanent server is once you have good weapons and survive you want to setup camp and start getting vehicles and as the vehicles and tents don't follow when you switch server you need a permanent one.
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: