Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:47:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a corelation between QE and bitcoin bubbles?  (Read 1204 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:43:44 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 03:07:08 PM by cuddaloreappu

I am struggling to find if there is a co relation between quantitative easing and the bitcoin bubbles

Did the quantitative easing money flew into bitcoin?

A project where some money was diverted into cryptocurencies
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:56:50 PM

Everything is interconnected. We live in a network with endless nodes called money. Assets, fiats, enterprises, printed money by governments, oil.. everything has an impact of each other. Trying to find the exact cause and action in this quantum field is very hard to do.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:00:29 PM

The market is too piddly and distorted to really be influenced by larger economic factors. If it affects sentiment, then I guess that's just as valid a reason.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:06:38 PM

Of course
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 03:17:32 PM

If there is a connection, does that mean that price going down right now is because of the money being withdrawn back from the market?

zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:46:13 PM

Correlation != causation.  But possibly.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 10:25:10 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 10:43:25 PM by afbitcoins

I am struggling to find if there is a co relation between quantitative easing and the bitcoin bubbles

Did the quantitative easing money flew into bitcoin?

A project where some money was diverted into cryptocurencies

Its an interesting topic for discussion. My feelings are that almost all the QE money is going into stock market and bonds which are really 'paper' assets by which I mean endorsed by banks and governments, and supportive of the fiat ponzi scheme. Any QE fiat that is 'leaking' into bitcoin would be accidental and definatley not intended, same goes for gold and silver of course which are being suppressed as if their lives depend on it. Banks and high finance are still hostile to bitcoin from all appearances and loathe to surrender the power to create any amount of money supply they fancy, which is a LOT. Into the trillions now!!! Will it reach quadrillions? Have you seen the infographics of how big a trillion is?  Shocked

The central banking system as i see it is really a network controlled and overseen by groups like 'The Bank of International Settlements' and the 'International Monetary Fund' which although sound legit and important are really propoganda and used for purposes of repression of the non chosen countries.  Who is really behind those organisations goes into consipricay theory so you are obviously crazy to even mention it! And central banks are nothing more than Inflation machines, backed by an owned media they have people convinced that inflation is necessary. Central banks guarantee to steal 2% per year of your wealth through inflation. But this is a GOOD thing,  to 'help the economy'.

I think the last bitcoin bubbles were fueled mainly by the same old things like human emotion and greed, over enthusiastic spectulators and supported by trading bots. The story of things like Cyprus helps support it but really its greed.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: