Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BItcoin offline transactions?  (Read 1664 times)
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:38:51 PM

Yes, you can exchange a paper wallet or coin wallet for goods or services.

You're correct in realizing, though, that the greatest weakness to Bitcoin is its dependency on the network (and more so power/electricity). If the power grid goes down it becomes impossible to access the network upon which most wallets exist and transactions occur.
Maybe unrelated, but this makes me want plugs to put between the wall and all my appliances and gadgets to get a breakdown of my electricity usage.
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:44:32 PM

What place where I see cash is still better than BTC is offline transactions, AFAIK BTC doesn't work if the Blockchain is not synchronized.IS there a way to transact Bitcoins offline?

Offline transactions can be made using physical coins. There are many people who are selling those coins in goods section. Here is one of the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978029.0

Also the physical coins fo not allow you to send some exact amount of bitcoins to someone.

However nowadays we all have mobile phones and we can use online wallets to make on the go transactions.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
Abbey_j

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:15:30 PM

you can create a transaction offline,for example with elextrum. After that you can spread the txid in blockchain for example

elextrum sounds useful, where I can download it please?
Gisado

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Yoohoo

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:19:29 PM

you can create a transaction offline,for example with elextrum. After that you can spread the txid in blockchain for example

Of course, www.electrum.org.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:36:29 AM

What place where I see cash is still better than BTC is offline transactions, AFAIK BTC doesn't work if the Blockchain is not synchronized.IS there a way to transact Bitcoins offline?

Offline transactions can be made using physical coins. There are many people who are selling those coins in goods section. Here is one of the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978029.0

Also the physical coins fo not allow you to send some exact amount of bitcoins to someone.

However nowadays we all have mobile phones and we can use online wallets to make on the go transactions.

Physical coins are worth more than the value of bitcoin they hold. So it is difficult to arrive at a valuation quickly and make offline transactions.
They are usually collectors' items.

mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 02:20:18 PM

But if we got rid of that, and used them as actual cash I think it would simplify accepting Bitcoins for people. The only problem would be liquidating to fiat...

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:15:06 PM

But if we got rid of that, and used them as actual cash I think it would simplify accepting Bitcoins for people. The only problem would be liquidating to fiat...

We could do that when the price stabilizes.
Once there is acceptance, we may not even need to convert the physical bitcoins into fiat. They could circulate along with the existing fiat.

winchancer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:52:23 PM

Of course, www.electrum.org.

Thank you for the link! Never heard about offline transactions...
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 04:55:39 PM

How do offline transactions work?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: