Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are u ready to make payments in bitcoin?
Yes
No
Your answer in comments(please)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you ready to make payments in bitcoin?  (Read 2067 times)
MrKalipso (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:31:53 AM

Taxes .... But have you ever wondered what percentage of the price of the item is taxes? from 30-50%! how much money flows away in favour of taxation through trading platforms based on fiat?Now think how much you'll save on calculations in bitcoin?! Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:43:29 AM

Taxes .... But have you ever wondered what percentage of the price of the item is taxes? from 30-50%! how much money flows away in favour of taxation through trading platforms based on fiat?Now think how much you'll save on calculations in bitcoin?! Wink

I think this thread more appropiate place on (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0) Bitcoin discussion instead of service

That's a high tax  Shocked , what state are you in ?
On my state , my goverment only charge about 10%
pinovero

Activity: 176

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:56:38 AM

We can provide API support for someone who need bitcoin payment

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 10:10:24 AM

Everyone here are ready to make payments in bitcoin. If there is something I like to buy and it is cheaper to pay in bitcoin, I would not hesitate to pay in bitcoin. Then there are taxes. We don't like them but it's part of life.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:30:11 AM

I am not only ready to make payments in bitcoin, but i am ready to be paid in bitcoin too - at least 10% of my monthly pay check. I love the idea of bitcoin and the concept, also the amazing security provided by btc (as long as i take all precautions to secure my coins) and the possible value increase as it gets more difficulty to mine them. 10% of my paycheck should be a fair deal, that way even if BTC crashes, i still dont lose too much. I am going to initiate talks with the HR at my company to see if they can pay me a part of my salary in bitcoin... shoudn't be too difficult since my company accepts bitcoin as a payment mechanism. The only real issue i see is related to taxation, since btc is not classified as a currency and my government still trying to make up their mind if btc is a currency or commodity... not sure if my HR would allow this. Lets initiate the conversation and lets see how it goes. Smiley

LazyCoin

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:17:57 AM

not now i will wait for thr better rate once it hit atlest 350$ my cost price
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:25:42 AM

You (and other people like you) need to look beyond the BTC exchange value in $. Look at it as a currency in itself and then you will be able to get out of your slave mindset (fiat slaves). 1 BTC = 1 BTC, do not look at it like 1 BTC = $220. Realise that what you own is unique and has purchasing power of its own. People themselves are to blame if they look at BTC as a get rich quick scheme or tie it back to fiat. The day more people start looking at 1 BTC = 1 BTC, this would indicate a coming of age and the value of BTC would automatically increase. Nothing great was ever achieved in a day or a short period of time. It will take us ages to get out of the mindset of tying BTC back to fiat. The price of BTC falling could be a blessing in disguise, since all the speculators will drop out now as they don't see a value proposition.

MrKalipso (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:37:24 AM

I think this thread more appropiate place on (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0) Bitcoin discussion instead of service

That's a high tax  Shocked , what state are you in ?
On my state , my goverment only charge about 10%

This is the average figure in the world, not in the u.s. Wink
MrKalipso (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:42:48 AM

Why are you waiting for higher prices, rather than a stable course?
If, for example, the rate is stabilized at 300 $ it will be better than it would constantly jump up then down. Roll Eyes
MrKalipso (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:46:58 AM

You (and other people like you) need to look beyond the BTC exchange value in $. Look at it as a currency in itself and then you will be able to get out of your slave mindset (fiat slaves). 1 BTC = 1 BTC, do not look at it like 1 BTC = $220. Realise that what you own is unique and has purchasing power of its own. People themselves are to blame if they look at BTC as a get rich quick scheme or tie it back to fiat. The day more people start looking at 1 BTC = 1 BTC, this would indicate a coming of age and the value of BTC would automatically increase. Nothing great was ever achieved in a day or a short period of time. It will take us ages to get out of the mindset of tying BTC back to fiat. The price of BTC falling could be a blessing in disguise, since all the speculators will drop out now as they don't see a value proposition.

Exactly!
Mewtwo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ROAD TO HEAVEN...

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:01:30 PM

In Silicon Valley a lot of people have started accepting bitcoins as payment for their work. They are always one step ahead of everyone else. ^^

MrKalipso (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:44:06 PM

In Silicon Valley a lot of people have started accepting bitcoins as payment for their work. They are always one step ahead of everyone else. ^^

Wonderful people gathered there! the engines of progress!
MrKalipso (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:31:26 PM

Where would you spend bitcoin?
Where to buy goods for bitcoin?
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:50:19 PM

If one day all items can be purchased with btc and i mean everything, including services, we can forget about its equivalent fiat worth. 1 btc = 1 btc

MrKalipso (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:32:34 PM

Wink
Where would you spend bitcoin?
Where to buy goods for bitcoin?
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:40:19 PM

As there's nowhere in the real world that accepts BitCoin, I don't see it as a payment method yet. Right now I see it as a investment because BitCoin's too volatile, but when it becomes less volatile I'll see it as a payment method. Whenever I can go to the store and buy food, or to the gas station and fill up the tank that'll be when I see it as a currency.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:44:12 PM

bitcoin needs to be way way way more accepted, if just the big merchants like mcdonalds, burgerking, starbucks etc. accepting it would be gold. Still waiting for one of these big fastfood retaurant to accept it.
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:49:21 PM

bitcoin needs to be way way way more accepted, if just the big merchants like mcdonalds, burgerking, starbucks etc. accepting it would be gold. Still waiting for one of these big fastfood retaurant to accept it.

Too bad their not. What would be great is to see Wal-Mart accept BitCoin. They are HUGE, imagine what that would do for the coin.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 06:51:10 PM

I would like to buy items in a legal way using bitcoins but the fact that bitcoin is not a recognized currency by online shopping portals and hence there is no way I can use it online. I wish it becomes a legal one soon.

dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:10:21 PM

i've been making payments in bitcoin for past two years

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: