Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:49:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone explain me this?  (Read 2158 times)
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 08:06:10 AM

There's a duty on forum members to make constructive posts. It's VERY unfortunate that idiots make meaningless comments just to get their post count higher for a $0.15 of payment. However I think the instances of these bullshit posts are few and far between. And while it's fine that forum members report these bullshit posts to the moderator they shouldn't have to! The owner of the signature campaign should be policing their advertisers and refusing payment for bullshit posts. It's the only way that we'll all see a cleaner collection of thread comments and more constructive posts.

Some of the people here criticizing forum members earning income from signature ads are appearing VERY hypocritical. Some of these people (who claim to be offended) even have personal ads in their signature, so clear that their frustration could not that people advertise but rather that people are getting paid to advertise.

It's important to put this debate into perspective so that the right solution can be found...and so that the rule abiding, signature selling posters among us aren't being ostracized for our enterprising approach to bitcoin (especially from accusers who clearly display their hypocrisy in their signature.)

Signature selling helps grow the Bitcoin economy...increasing awareness of bitcoin companies, getting paid in bitcoin, using that bitcoin to buy goods and services.

I agree with you. I really think ideas like MZ's one trying to improve spam and other abusive posts reportings by paying a few satoshis to users after succesfull mods action can be a really smart idea. If Campaigns donate some of their BTC to it..this could end like a way to compensate Signature campaigns negative externalities (spam). Some sort of a Pigouvian taxation without resorting to taxes!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 08:29:46 AM

Perhaps the rationale is some sort of idea of "freedom of speech" but if freedom of speech means that you have 1000's of people "shouting nonsense" then I don't really see the benefit (as I would prefer a quiet bar to a noisy nightclub but perhaps that is just me).

More sig ads = more posts = more traffic. Its a simple case of profit.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: