Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 06:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A comparison of coins by looking at lines of code  (Read 733 times)
Coinbitz (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Clever, huh?

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:42:20 PM

I think it will be interesting to see the numbers.

I will start!

1) Original version of Satoshi's bitcoin: 12,222 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289807.0)
2) NXT: ?
3) DRK: ?

Someone do the rest  Cheesy

We will rule the world... bit by bit.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:46:04 PM

It's not the quantity but the quality Tongue I remember seeing some code posted up on the internet that was reportedly for a AAA game and even as someone who doesn't code as a main thing I found it horrific, it was just endless blocks of code that made no sense whatsoever, I'm talking about the formatting of it all and the use of classes for those who aren't very familiar which quite rightly is very important for doing projects so programmers can take a look at your code and help you.
Coinbitz (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Clever, huh?

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:44:53 AM

It's not the quantity but the quality Tongue I remember seeing some code posted up on the internet that was reportedly for a AAA game and even as someone who doesn't code as a main thing I found it horrific, it was just endless blocks of code that made no sense whatsoever, I'm talking about the formatting of it all and the use of classes for those who aren't very familiar which quite rightly is very important for doing projects so programmers can take a look at your code and help you.
Very true Smiley
How about a comparison by github activity?
What do you feel would be a good indicator of quality?

We will rule the world... bit by bit.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:07:43 AM

Very true Smiley
How about a comparison by github activity?
What do you feel would be a good indicator of quality?

Judgement of a skilled developer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: