Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Bitcoiners are Mentally Ill?  (Read 8716 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:48:37 PM

Speaking as an American here, ask yourself, reader, why are we as a society so terrified of disobedience, but not at all fearful of obedience?
I blame fluoridated water, high fructose corn syrup, chemtrails, and Obama.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jani

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 02:58:03 PM

I'm curious if anyone has closed bank account for real and went all Bitcoin?

You can buy more and more things with Bitcoin but I still (for now).
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 03:22:10 PM

Not a wise idea because many clients still pay with fiat and bitcoin is too volatile to invest all in.
Anyone who is paid in bitcoin would also be wise to convert half their paycheck at least into a stable fiat so they aren't forced to spend thier BTC on the dips.

It will take a few more years before one can begin to start to suggest this tactic as a wise financial decision.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 03:30:02 PM

Depends on what you define as crazy  Wink the world isn't always as cut and dry as many would like it to be.

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:16:20 PM

Speaking as an American here, ask yourself, reader, why are we as a society so terrified of disobedience, but not at all fearful of obedience?
I blame fluoridated water, high fructose corn syrup, chemtrails, and Obama.
The generation that grew up watching The Simpsons for 20 years now thinks that stupidity is fun and cool.  That explains why the Republicans, after G. W. Bush, were divided between Palin, Santorum, and Romney.  It is not a coincidence that The Simpsons are on Fox (and are Fox's most popular program).

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:30:17 PM

You should follow Elwar's posts. He went full in.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:34:12 PM

Not a wise idea because many clients still pay with fiat and bitcoin is too volatile to invest all in.
Anyone who is paid in bitcoin would also be wise to convert half their paycheck at least into a stable fiat so they aren't forced to spend thier BTC on the dips.

It will take a few more years before one can begin to start to suggest this tactic as a wise financial decision.

Nonsense.  He wasn't asking for opinions, but if anyone is doing it.   It doesn't sound like you are "inBitweTrust", and nobody asked for your wisdom anyway.

Yes, there are plenty of people who are "all in", with no bank account.   I'm one of them, and despite the previous comment, it's worked out well.  Would be nice to pay my bills with bitcoin though...
inBitweTrust

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:18:18 PM

I am as bullish as they come with bitcoin but lets be honest with ourselves here ....

Yes, there are plenty of people who are "all in", with no bank account.   I'm one of them, and despite the previous comment, it's worked out well.  

I can see it working well if you live in a country with hyperinflation like Venezuela but than again bitcoin isn't exactly too useful there anyways because lack of merchants for such region. Are there any countries yet that have fiat which are more volatile than bitcoin that have decent merchant acceptance yet?

Would be nice to pay my bills with bitcoin though...

How do you pay your bills if you went all in? Perhaps your definition of "all in" is different than mine?

Additionally, wouldn't you benefit financially by leveraging both local fiat and bitcoin to insure that you always getting a discount when purchasing goods and services with bitcoin. I keep track of the price of bitcoin when received or purchased and than will only use it when it is higher than my initial investment and when the market price is lower will use my fiat thus insuring another benefit(amongst many ) with bitcoin.

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:36:29 PM

Sure you can, if your Faith is strong enough.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:38:32 PM

How many asleep sheep are mentally ill? The thing is OP has just showed us what will be spun against us in the future to discredit Bitcoin and the community at large, that will be the propaganda when they are ready anyone using BTC is mentally ill skitso's, society outcasts, conspiracy believers, druggy's etc majority aged 18 - 40 male they already have us profiled and this is actually probably close lol but if seeing the truth to the world makes you mentally ill, i hold my hand up and head up high. If closing you're eyes and going with the system makes you sane then well i would still rather be so called crazy  Grin

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 05:48:00 PM

If we were to get diagnosed with anything, it would be higher intelligence than the average 'sheep'.

lol. And then they'd probably 'diagnose' you as a conspiracy theorist or something. Seen it happen many times.
I wouldn't mind. Why do the authorities then wonder when some people snap and stuff goes the wrong way..?

The majority of people don't understand P2P, not to mention Bitcoin. It's not a matter of 'taste' (i.e. some prefer art, natural sciences or whatever). as some claim, it's a matter of intelligence. Soon, not knowing how to properly use technology will be the same as to not knowing how to read or write.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
oblivi

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:21:47 PM

If we were to get diagnosed with anything, it would be higher intelligence than the average 'sheep'.

lol. And then they'd probably 'diagnose' you as a conspiracy theorist or something. Seen it happen many times.
I wouldn't mind. Why do the authorities then wonder when some people snap and stuff goes the wrong way..?

The majority of people don't understand P2P, not to mention Bitcoin. It's not a matter of 'taste' (i.e. some prefer art, natural sciences or whatever). as some claim, it's a matter of intelligence. Soon, not knowing how to properly use technology will be the same as to not knowing how to read or write.
People will be forced to learn about bitcoin if they dont want to be left behind and out of the loop.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:29:29 PM

People will be forced to learn about bitcoin if they dont want to be left behind and out of the loop.

I am going to hope that isn't the case.

There are many of us that are trying hard so that no one is required to learn anything about bitcoin if they don't want to and nevertheless depend upon it daily regardless. This is akin to your grandmother watching cat memes on youtube and not knowing anything about HTML5/CSS/Javascript/TCP/IP/Flash which all make it possible for her to do so.

Bitcoin will truly succeed when even people that hate it for political/philosophical reasons end up using it daily without even knowing they are doing so.

AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:38:16 PM

Why are people still posting in a thread that was created by a known troll? Check out his previous posts.
We should not be acknowledging him or his accusations. He is king troll.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:46:21 PM

Why are people still posting in a thread that was created by a known troll? Check out his previous posts.

The thread is among the good ones. Every time we post good stuff to it, the OP is further embarrassed. Out of bad intentions, a wonderful triumph has come!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:50:30 PM

The thread is among the good ones. Every time we post good stuff to it, the OP is further embarrassed. Out of bad intentions, a wonderful triumph has come!
Do you still believe in 1mm per coin?
aint that mentally ill?
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:51:16 PM

I think if you're at all capable of grasping bitcoin, the whole concept, in the first place, there's little damn chance you're at risk of being mentally ill. The required level of intelligence to understand bitcoin, the foundation of bitcoin, the blockchain, the point, the nuances of economics, and the dynamics of bitcoin is not a sign of a weak mind susceptible to mental illness.

The idiots in comment sections who continually call people names, troll these and similar forums hollering bitcoin's end times and have nothing else to do but post over and over day in and day out trying to warn everyone against it, it's in its "death throws" as one put it in a comments section earlier - now those ones are soft in the head and could probably make do with a visit to a psychiatrist.  Grin

this....especially as we have been non educated about what currency is, that is Fiat is just given as a fait accompli.

In 2004 I gave a lecture to my fellow law of banking elective takers in a top 20 law school in the world, and their eyes glazed over when I started to explain Fiat to them, CRR, FRB etc...hell I had to phone the central bank just to confirm everything I had said was right. Satoshi has now put that squarely in the discourse.

FRB/Central banking is not always bad, but it is almost always corrupted without competition. Competition to the state monopoly is a facet of BTC.

Can we please confirm this chain of events.

1) 11 years ago you were giving a lecture to your fellow "law of banking elective takers" in one of the worlds 20 best law schools.
2) As your fellow law of banking elective takers started getting sleepy, you decided to call the central bank on speaker phone and repeat the lecture to the telephone operator who confirmed your lecture as valid to the class?!  Grin
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:50:50 PM

Do you still believe in 1mm per coin?
aint that mentally ill?

I believed in $1000 coins when it was $20. Slander was exactly the same back then.

(If you seriously want to know what I believe or do not, this post shows that on average, I believe that we are at $13,000 or so in 5 years, although the variance is great)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
jani

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 10:49:16 PM

Yes, there are plenty of people who are "all in", with no bank account.   I'm one of them, and despite the previous comment, it's worked out well.  Would be nice to pay my bills with bitcoin though...

Which country u are in? We're launching something that might work for you in ur in one of EURo countries.
bmarch

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:07:29 PM

genius and madness, it's nothing new.

almost all great artists and scientists were somewhat bi-polar.

i believe it's an evolutionary thing. Not everyone who is close to madness can manifest their genius. Only the "fittest" ideas (and implementations) survive.

also, people who are considered normal by social standards do not have the motivation or guts to foray into experimental territories such as this.

and:

https://i.imgur.com/dxwxN5C.jpg

Actually, wouldn't being able to tolerate more stress make you a healthier person ?..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: