Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:56:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cryptostocks] BBBB Bitcoin Emerging Market Fund  (Read 18375 times)
junkonator

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:26:20 PM

What's the situation? People selling like crazy on cryptostocks but no update here. What happened?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:06:02 PM

Still no activity on this at cryptostocks... has anybody even heard from the owner?

did he die? did he just walk away? anything at all?

=squeak=

Surf Capital Management (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:02:27 PM

Current Holdings:

kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:06:17 PM

Current Holdings:

How about posting NAV n stuffs? Also P/L per security would be very interesting.

Note im not invested in this security and i pretty much know what the numbers will show.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:19:28 PM

Current Holdings:

How about posting NAV n stuffs? Also P/L per security would be very interesting.

Note im not invested in this security and i pretty much know what the numbers will show.

I'm marking the ACTM shares to market at BTC.01/share, which makes NAV ~36.5BTC

Note: These are forward looking statements. Your due diligence is required.
pablo325

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:03:44 PM

How about an announcement on cryptostocks.com ?

Letting people know you aren't dead or anything...

Thanks
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:44:38 AM

Current Holdings:

Activemining is not delisted, there still listed on on cryptostocks https://cryptostocks.com/securities/56 and they have relisted on crypto-trade(762 175 out of  25 000 000 shares on the market there so far), https://www.crypto-trade.com/tradex/ipo/amc_btc at CT they last traded at 0,0006(ken's illeagal forsed selling of ukyos/ukyo loan shareholders/weexchange balanceholders shares) and at CS last price was 0,001 but that price is hardly significant as there only 8 789 stocks listed on CS and i think ACM's plan is to transfer peoples stock from platforms that closed down to CT.
Labcoin on the other hand that you have listed as defunct on CS is delisted https://cryptostocks.com/securities/53.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:53:28 PM

How about an announcement on cryptostocks.com ?

Letting people know you aren't dead or anything...

Thanks

Done.

https://cryptostocks.com/announcements/906

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:02:54 PM

Current Holdings:

Activemining is not delisted, there still listed on on cryptostocks https://cryptostocks.com/securities/56 and they have relisted on crypto-trade(762 175 out of  25 000 000 shares on the market there so far), https://www.crypto-trade.com/tradex/ipo/amc_btc at CT they last traded at 0,0006(ken's illeagal forsed selling of ukyos/ukyo loan shareholders/weexchange balanceholders shares) and at CS last price was 0,001 but that price is hardly significant as there only 8 789 stocks listed on CS and i think ACM's plan is to transfer peoples stock from platforms that closed down to CT.
Labcoin on the other hand that you have listed as defunct on CS is delisted https://cryptostocks.com/securities/53.

Do you know anything the recent security breach and $30k loss at Crypto-trade? CT shares were very stable, I'm hoping these shares don't nosedive as soon as trading re-opens.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:37:33 PM

Current Holdings:

Do you know anything the recent security breach and $30k loss at Crypto-trade? CT shares were very stable, I'm hoping these shares don't nosedive as soon as trading re-opens.

No i don't know much at all about crypto-trade, just checked there site in a few times the last couple of months, diden't even know they lost 30k, reasonable there stock should have taken some dive when such things happens but maby there shareholders is mostly people that bought it a long time ago that don't check there site to often and there was also some big walls up on there stock when i checked there site so maby that preveted those that know about the loss from effecting the price to much. and the fact that they started to pay out dividends in all sorts of coins now instead of just btc or ltc may have confused people even more and the increased trade the ACTM's introduction on the site was probably also seen as a positive thing by the crypto-trade shareholders.
But if your worried about the price on the crypto-trade shares price you could probably just sell them off if there's just 9 in BBBB's possession, that shouldn't have to much negative impact on the price of the stock.

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:16:15 PM

Just wanted to let BBBB investors know that I have been in the press lately here in Cincinnati.

1/27 - What's going on with Bitcoin in Cincinnati? (Cincinnati Business Courier)
2/8 - Bitcoin currency gets real for area businesses (Cincinnati Enquirer)
2/26 - It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a Bitcoin billboard! (Cincinnati Business Courier)
2/26 - Does the Bitcoin exchange meltdown have Cincinnati enthusiasts scared? (Cincinnati Business Courier)
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:43:58 PM

Surfs Up!!!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
V2Rocket

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:24:11 PM

I clicked a few of the links, and did a search for the word "surf," getting no hits.  What's your name, OP?

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:26:59 PM

Garrett
V2Rocket

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:30:59 PM

Thanks, got it Smiley

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:18:42 PM

Dividends paid: BTC0.00000172/share

Explanation: I've decided to liquidate the fund's AsicMiner position. I'd like to start diversifying the fund's exposure to different aspects of the Bitcoin economy. I'll be submitting a vote to shareholders to decide which company the fund should start buying shares in next. My thoughts are NEOBEE on Havelock, PETA on Havelock,  and KINETICS on Cryptostocks.

I'm still bullish on Cognitive Mining (Havelock: COG) and want to increase the fund's position in this security. The steady cash flows of mining companies are attractive. However, I am only interested in mining companies that retain a large percentage of mining profits (>50%) to continually reinvest in new hardware to maintain a steady yield. This requires increasing hashrate as the difficulty of the network increases. Diversification into different alt-coins is key too. Cognitive has begun to diversify some of their hardware to mine Scrypt based coins based on their profitability of the coins as measured by the BTC exchange rate.

Eyes to the Horizon: I will be creating a dedicated wallet in which all dividends paid on fund's shares will be held. This will increase transparency for investors. If anyone has any suggestions on which wallet service is most secure for this, please feel free to comment.

#SurfsUp
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:42:39 AM

Explanation: I've decided to liquidate the fund's AsicMiner position. I'd like to start diversifying the fund's exposure to different aspects of the Bitcoin economy. I'll be submitting a vote to shareholders to decide which company the fund should start buying shares in next. My thoughts are NEOBEE on Havelock, PETA on Havelock,  and KINETICS on Cryptostocks.

I'm still bullish on Cognitive Mining (Havelock: COG) and want to increase the fund's position in this security. The steady cash flows of mining companies are attractive. However, I am only interested in mining companies that retain a large percentage of mining profits (>50%) to continually reinvest in new hardware to maintain a steady yield. This requires increasing hashrate as the difficulty of the network increases. Diversification into different alt-coins is key too. Cognitive has begun to diversify some of their hardware to mine Scrypt based coins based on their profitability of the coins as measured by the BTC exchange rate.

Eyes to the Horizon: I will be creating a dedicated wallet in which all dividends paid on fund's shares will be held. This will increase transparency for investors. If anyone has any suggestions on which wallet service is most secure for this, please feel free to comment.

#SurfsUp

my vote: bitcoin-qt

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Squeaker

Activity: 450

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 04:42:53 PM

2nd the vote for local wallet... just too risky to do so anywhere else where you don't have personal control of your keys.

Also, as for stocks... I've been buying up some KINETICS myself... tho I didn't put much research into it, the IPO price alone was enough to throw some dust at.

=squeak=

supermono

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:23:45 AM

#SurfsUp

my vote: bitcoin-qt

I agree. I don't want to see a repeat of the inputs.io fiasco.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:13:00 PM

Investor Update:

Hello All,

Just wanted to keep everybody in the loop.

It looks like ActiveMining lost BTC453 on Mt. Gox. ACTM used Mt. Gox to process their chip pre-orders for those who wanted to pay in Bitcoin. Because of the loss the company will cancel their development of 55nm chips and focus solely on 28nm. In my opinion, this is just another sign of carelessness by company management. Ken Slaughter, ActiveMining CEO, refuses to alleviate the anxieties of shareholders and prefers only one medium of communication, Bitcointalk.org. Slaughter has also refused to offer any more insight about the trading of ActiveMining shares stating that he is waiting for an investigation conducted by the Missouri Securities Division to close. It is my plan to liquidate the Fund's position in Activemining as soon as share trading becomes available again.

Cognitive Mining (Havelock: COG) has struggled to get their CoinTerra machines up and running and are currently running well below their targeted hashrate of 30 TH/s. This is mostly due to hardware malfunctions and power restraints in their hosting facility. Garrett MacDonald, CEO of Cognitive, plans to have the remainder of the Cointerra machines in his possesion within the next week and will have them up and running as soon as possible. Cognitive has recently hired a Public Relations officer, Samuel Kern, and the company has become more responsive to investors' concerns recently. I think this is a good sign and I am still bullish on the stock. I believe the CEO is very intelligent when it comes to mining hardware and I trust that all the hosting problems will be taken care of ASAP.

BTCQuick is another unfortunate failure in the world of Bitcoin securities. The company's CEO is unresponsive and it is still unclear whether or not the company is actually still conducting BTC/USD trading. I'd wish Ascension, the company's CEO, would issue a statement about this because as of now I am writing this investment off as dog-shit.

I have  been in contact with Carnth, administrator of MiningCo.ETF, a small fund of mining stocks traded on BTC-TC and delisted as soon as the exchange shut down. BBBB owns 20 shares in MiningCo.ETF potentially worth 2-3 Bitcoins once the remaining shares are liquidated.

BBBB also owns 30,000 Ripples (XRP). I have been researching how to liquidate this position and convert it to BTC. If anyone has experience with this please let me know and I can pay out the resulting BTC as a dividend to shareholders.

I have contacted Kate Craig-Wood, CEO of CipherMine, a mining collaborative focused on alt-coin mining and security listed on the late LitecoinGlobal exchange. I am trying to confirm the number of shares BBBB owns and am looking into liquidity and trading of these shares. Ciphermine pays Litecoin dividends which I am holding in a Litecoin client and which I will possibly convert to BTC and roll into another asset.

Finally, BBBB has also diversified into domain name holdings. The current portfolio includes rights to SurfCapitalManagement.com, SurfCapitalManagement.info, and CryptoCincy.com. I am in  contact with a domain name trader based here in Cincinnati and am working on a plan to help take his portfolio public. Possibly as a security listed on HavelockInvestments.com. Compensation may include equity in this entity which will be passed on to shareholders of BBBB.

#SurfsUp

-Garrett
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: