Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me understand - Who uses Faucets? , and why?  (Read 3894 times)
najzenmajsen (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:40:47 PM

My point being , there's so many other much more profitable ways to be earning bitcoins can someone explain to me who the people using these are ? and why.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:48:59 PM

My point being , there's so many other much more profitable ways to be earning bitcoins can someone explain to me who the people using these are ? and why.
I am not sure if at all this topic is needed. There plenty of topics on faucets in this section and in most of them you will find suitable arguments for and against them. No need to start them anew here. I am personally considering faucet a waste of time.

this space is intentionally left blank
najzenmajsen (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:12:25 PM

I am not sure if at all this topic is needed. There plenty of topics on faucets in this section and in most of them you will find suitable arguments for and against them. No need to start them anew here. I am personally considering faucet a waste of time.
its just that , i keep seeing people reccomending faucets to newbie's and its making me wondering cause everytime im at a faucet i see them givving less than a penny and takes about 30 seconds to complete. which is a complete waste of time.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:32:14 PM

Well, it's a great way for newbies to get their hands on their first satoshis. Also, if you manage to somehow get a lot of referrals, you can get a decent amount.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:36:49 PM

I can answer you. Faucets are used by newbies and people who believe that by using faucets they will earn something decent. First group are just being newbies, so it is to be expected but second group it simply stupid.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:37:35 PM

Newbies use faucets which get's them used to the wallets and how to send BTC putting there address places to deposit also helps, gets them acquainted with smaller amount satoshi and fee's.

Not a money maker by a long shot but i learned alot threw them and earning my first ten cent in BTC  Grin
Vyazhan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:45:31 PM

its just that , i keep seeing people reccomending faucets to newbie's and its making me wondering cause everytime im at a faucet i see them givving less than a penny and takes about 30 seconds to complete. which is a complete waste of time.

They are used to feed the owners ad payments basically Smiley
rikkie

Activity: 574

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:49:40 PM

It's indeed a good start in the beginning to earn something (a very litte bit).
It are all very small amounts but i liked it in the beginning when they came into my wallet.
After some time, you find it all taking too much time for that little amounts.
But it is a good learning school, without risk.
najzenmajsen (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:56:41 PM

Well, it's a great way for newbies to get their hands on their first satoshis. Also, if you manage to somehow get a lot of referrals, you can get a decent amount.
a better way is to sign up to a campaign , and at the same time be able to actually learn something new at the same time , at a faucet you simply type random captcha's
najzenmajsen (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:57:48 PM

I can answer you. Faucets are used by newbies and people who believe that by using faucets they will earn something decent. First group are just being newbies, so it is to be expected but second group it simply stupid.
sure , but i see legendary , hero members , sr members etc suggesting people to use faucets which i still cant belive. i do belive why a newbie would get the impression that using a faucet would be a good idea tho.
najzenmajsen (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:59:43 PM

Newbies use faucets which get's them used to the wallets and how to send BTC putting there address places to deposit also helps, gets them acquainted with smaller amount satoshi and fee's.

Not a money maker by a long shot but i learned alot threw them and earning my first ten cent in BTC  Grin
i kind of like this explanation , i could see how you'd like some first bitcoins etc to get started. but in my understanding the owners actually earn from these faucets , which probably means there's people that actually do like 20 faucets daily which i cant get into my mind.
najzenmajsen (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:00:19 PM

yup , i know that what im wondering is why people keep actively using them.
najzenmajsen (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:01:35 PM

It's indeed a good start in the beginning to earn something (a very litte bit).
It are all very small amounts but i liked it in the beginning when they came into my wallet.
After some time, you find it all taking too much time for that little amounts.
But it is a good learning school, without risk.
alright , but there's like 1000 + faucets , how can the owners still profit from ads people using them are probaly using them 1-2 times untill they realise their getting pennies ?
TheGoodGuy419

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:04:55 PM

just so you guys know, I have already earned over 0.30 bitcoin from faucet referral commissions in the last 6 months. It was not hard work and it continues to pay me daily. It's great to help cover some of the transaction fees and it pays for my hosting.  Cool

People that say faucets are a waste of time and just lazy with no unique ideas.  Wink

Good luck to all and let's make the bitcoin community bigger.
dyalldough

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:46:30 PM

I just don't understand what does the Faucet get out of it? Is it for advertising purposes?
Vyazhan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:33:00 PM

yup , i know that what im wondering is why people keep actively using them.

The same reason why people keep using pyramid schemes, ponzis and trying to make 1440$ every day from working from home Wink
TheGoodGuy419

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:37:51 PM

I just don't understand what does the Faucet get out of it? Is it for advertising purposes?

They get a automatic flow of multiple income streams from the faucet traffic clicking on banner ads and joining affiliate banners.

The faucet owners earn profit from multiple ad networks that pay for hits and clicks. Also they earn referral commissions from affiliate banners and links.

IF done right, anyone can run a successful faucet website.

Tip:  If you thing you cant, then don't try.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 10:22:43 PM

Easiest answer ever.

Who uses Faucets and why?

NOOBS, because they're uninformed.  You get more money checking your couch cushions for change.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:59:28 PM

Well, it's a great way for newbies to get their hands on their first satoshis. Also, if you manage to somehow network lot of referrals, you can get a decent amount.
a better way is to sign up to a campaign , and at the same time be able to actually learn something new at the same time , at a faucet you simply type random captcha's
There are plenty of more effective ways of earning pennies, be it mini jobs, watching adverts, participating in questionnaires,...., but still as a source of getting first btc it may be fun, for at most a week. And that only if you are really stubborn.After that, you either have a huge refferal network or you quit it.

this space is intentionally left blank
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:12:25 PM

wouldn't some people have botnets too to get a little extra bitcoin from faucets? i'm sure some bots would be able to crack capthcas on some of these faucets. i'd imagine they'd make a good amount of bitcoin by running a botnet on bitcoin faucets.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████