Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:00:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How 100% green hydroelectric power helps bitcoin mining  (Read 1561 times)
joust (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:17:37 PM

Ever wondered how green all this bitcoin mining is? Well here is a little video from our sister company, www.hydro66.com that shows you the hydro-electric dams that power our mining operation. Zero carbon as it uses just the falling water flowing down the river from the Arctic melt water.

Nice little factoid at the end that just the hydro-electric dams on our river (there are many more on the other rivers in our region in Sweden) generate 3,436MW, or twice the total power consumption of Iceland. Now that's serious power, and we are doing our best to consume as much of it as supplies of miners allows to meet customer demand.

Enjoy the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t5mV0_KVe4

Justin
CEO
www.megamine.com

tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 09:24:06 PM

Ever wondered how green all this bitcoin mining is? Well here is a little video from our sister company, www.hydro66.com that shows you the hydro-electric dams that power our mining operation. Zero carbon as it uses just the falling water flowing down the river from the Arctic melt water.

Nice little factoid at the end that just the hydro-electric dams on our river (there are many more on the other rivers in our region in Sweden) generate 3,436MW, or twice the total power consumption of Iceland. Now that's serious power, and we are doing our best to consume as much of it as supplies of miners allows to meet customer demand.

Enjoy the video.

Justin
CEO
www.megamine.com

nice stuff , we enjoy 99% Hydro , the other 1% , strong wind Smiley

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
Oriannaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:42:09 PM

yeah, but how about the average person at home going to mine?
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:16:10 PM

yeah, but how about the average person at home going to mine?
thats a good point. i guess people could invest in wind or solar power if they wanted to? or maybe they live in an area that already gets its power from a renewable resource.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 11:20:24 PM

>>Zero carbon

lies! hydro produces CO2 and Methane from the accumulation of biomass at the dam.  Grin
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:25:23 PM

It helps the world not the bitcoin, free energy without production CO2. However well done , and good  luck!
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:31:10 PM

>>Zero carbon

lies! hydro produces CO2 and Methane from the accumulation of biomass at the dam.  Grin

And all of the submerged riparian habitat! Dams are blue death!

Kidding, I don't actually think that way, but there are plenty of confused enviro-nazis that certainly DO think that way. Expecting a real one to chime in any second....

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
joust (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 03:55:06 PM

>>Zero carbon

technically I might have to give you that one but net post algea blooms you might be ok???

Plus remember this is river, not dam based, most of the time the river is allowed to just flow, the dam only providing the head.

I'll be more careful & put a disclaimer next time though Smiley

J

rkinnin

Activity: 316

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:53:09 AM

Enjoy the video.

Justin
CEO
www.megamine.com

nice stuff , we enjoy 99% Hydro , the other 1% , strong wind Smiley

You have given me the inspiration to find tiny hydro's in our area and approach ownership about rental of space and buying of their power. 

I guess my question here is if I am mining say 1Th all the way up to say 100 Th what does that equate to in KHw?

I found a few mom-n-pop hydro's that do .3MW to 1MW but wasn't sure if that was enough. 
joust (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:10:55 AM

You have given me the inspiration to find tiny hydro's in our area and approach ownership about rental of space and buying of their power. 

I guess my question here is if I am mining say 1Th all the way up to say 100 Th what does that equate to in KHw?

I found a few mom-n-pop hydro's that do .3MW to 1MW but wasn't sure if that was enough. 
Depends what the kit is - but generally it's from around 0.4W/GH to 0.8W/GH which means 1TH is 400W-800W and 100TH is 40kW-80kW.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: