Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nakamoto's - Bitcoin store that offers 10% discount over amazon  (Read 653 times)
BitUsher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:28:45 PM

Nakamoto's - Bitcoin store that offers 10% discount over amazon,
and only accepts Bitcoin.

http://nakamotos.io/

http://www.coindesk.com/purse-opens-nakamotos-san-franciscos-bitcoin-retail-shop/

Great concept in the fact that it leverages the spending habits of purse.io to know what to stock.
BitUsher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:39:44 PM

So cool that it's a physical location, I wish it was in my town but sadly none yet.

They are looking to franchise , so possibly in the future.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1512

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:42:44 PM

So cool that it's a physical location, I wish it was in my town but sadly none yet.

They are looking to franchise , so possibly in the future.

Not sure if this concept would work. The product they have available are extremely limited and doesn't really have a direction of what they're selling.
BitUsher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 11:57:52 PM

I think its not clear too, about what all items are they selling. And will you be also accepting fiat or is it an only bitcoin shop ?

Only Bitcoin, they are adding a ATM though so you can buy some at the shop and stripe in the future.

It looks like it works based upon the principle they can leverage people cashing in their amazon gift cards and want to purchase BTC like purse.io so I would imagine that the inventory in the store is purchased like anyone else at a 20% discount and than sold for a 10% discount at the storefront.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: