Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:47:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 22 Veterans Every Day  (Read 1977 times)
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:42:18 AM

An average of 22 US Veterans take their own life every day.  I commonly work with active duty service members so I'm reminded of the challenges they face on a regular basis.  Try to remember the completely different life of a veteran even if you are a veteran yourself.  It's complicated but making a conscious effort goes a long way.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:01:08 AM

Don't compare with Russian or Chinese Forces...  Lips sealed  Embarrassed  Cry, it's normal under occupation  Tongue.

it's still a bird.

money is faster...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 08:38:06 AM

Have you ever thought all that social peer pressure, constant reminders of what they did in life and seeing everybody everywhere totally dismiss their warnings about war is what is leading them to take their own lives in the first place?
BitMos

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 10:25:20 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2015, 10:37:04 AM by BitMos

It has always been the truth, that's why the field of Mars was created, to settle issues before War, so that when the Legions came Home they saw who&what they left standing. It's called the homefront. That's why the wall option was chosen.

But don't rejoice too soon Lethn, all that came back to the American Shores aren't that weak...

edit: the name isn't important or tribe appurtenance, it could be levy, Richardson, DSK or McCain office's, who cares.

Have you ever thought all that social peer pressure, constant reminders of what they did in life and seeing everybody everywhere totally dismiss their warnings about war is what is leading them to take their own lives in the first place?

It depends what war were they in. Wars that were won always leave more positive emotions in both the soldiers and the society around them. I haven't seen WWII veterans being pressured into anything but maybe interviews.

the only "won" wars are those where yours foes join in you, otherwise it's just a bloodbath.

101: Remember it ain't the barbarians that destroyed Rome, but the Legions, only them add the firepower to do such damages...

money is faster...
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:22:14 AM

It was painful for this Vietnam vet to read the following post by Wounded Times. Having said the horrible truth in the comment I must ponder it, because it brings to light serious consequences for governance. I'd like "any" congressional rep to hold any hearing on the topic at any VA facility while VA clinicians listen to what is being said. I'd like any veteran service organization to sponsor it and step up. Time to dig deeper on what can be done locally. Here's my presentation to a group asking my opinion as a clinician what my thoughts were. Although a bit academic readers will get the gist.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 11:23:44 AM

If you want to stop creating so many veterans with PTSD then stop going to war every five seconds, it's that simple, people who rant about war and do the "Fuck yeah 'merica" bullshit likely either have never been to a battlefield or have something already wrong with them, in either case they should be ignored.
BitMos

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:52:06 PM

Remember before, they never had digital tracking, even if most start only after 9.12.2001, or do they really? hehehe... the War on Terror is far from Over, it just lead to unexpected place at the start, what ever..., first let see what's inside this cave... ohhh  Shocked another one  Roll Eyes, maybe a skeleton this time  Roll Eyes, War can be an adventure too...  Cool.

money is faster...
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:06:52 AM

Yes when we glorify the bloodlust like American Sniper and distort the true horror of war into simple ideological poles, its very easy to see how the young and naive are deceived, lured or coerced into becoming cannon fodder and brutalizers. Those who survive the battlefield are destroyed or maimed by their shattered illusion of its reality.

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:24:03 AM

Yes when we glorify the bloodlust like American Sniper and distort the true horror of war into simple ideological poles, its very easy to see how the young and naive are deceived, lured or coerced into becoming cannon fodder and brutalizers. Those who survive the battlefield are destroyed or maimed by their shattered illusion of its reality.

I agree with what you're saying but only so far as what you've said is just a sliver of the whole story.  There are just causes to be fought and the warrior spirit is that which defeats evil.  American Sniper wasn't about quenching bloodlust.  That movie was a portrait of the warrior spirit.  There are plenty of bad examples of idiots playing cowboy in the sandbox but American Sniper was not one of them.  If you want to see the portrayal of the idiot cowboys then go watch the HBO series Generation Kill.

But other than that, yeah... "Those who survive the battlefield are destroyed..."  Is correct and American Sniper did a good job of illustrating that.

My main hope in posting the OP was at getting people to be aware of unique challenges faced by our veterans.  It's not always combat either. Family separation causes all sorts of problems.

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:26:51 AM

I think the post is a great, one that brings some light to an issue that is rarely dealt with by the mainstream media, they very quick to beat the drum for war but more reticent to discuss the long term ramifications.

I thought the movies Jarhead and Hurt Locker were good illustrations of how its delusional to think we can collectivise morality.

Larken Rose makes a great point when he asks is there any moral justification for a human to murder another human/s, or is there any moral justification for a human to delegate the murder of a human/s to another human and is there any moral justification for a human to delegate the murder of another human/s to a group of humans.

When a human kills another we call it murder, when a human kills a group of humans we call it mass murder, but when a human kills thousands of humans we call him a conqueror and in some cases we give them a nobel prize

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
BitMos

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:20:47 PM

My main hope in posting the OP was at getting people to be aware of unique challenges faced by our veterans.

It's by design... Hard to accept to be under occupation? the sooner you wake, the less chance you will have to fight a real Army, like PLAoC...

regards.

money is faster...
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:58:45 PM

If you want to stop creating so many veterans with PTSD then stop going to war every five seconds, it's that simple, people who rant about war and do the "Fuck yeah 'merica" bullshit likely either have never been to a battlefield or have something already wrong with them, in either case they should be ignored.

Its mostly those americans who promote war that go and return with PTSD and destroy their lives. You cant change a nation in 1 generation,
everything about them is focused on how they are the best and brightest, and when they live their lives that way , they get burned out.
BitMos

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:46:12 PM

Its mostly those americans who promote war that go and return with PTSD and destroy their lives. You cant change a nation in 1 generation,
everything about them is focused on how they are the best and brightest, and when they live their lives that way , they get burned out.

you have no appreciations for heat, wait for fistbitches.com (hmm sorry, facebook.com) to be leaked (or reformulated the "bitchprofils"... fully humiliated, it's part of war101, expect it).

money is faster...
girb16

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:48:24 PM

Why couldn't these veterans kill themselves first before they invade another sovereign country and kill innocent people in the name of democracy.
I mean oil.
L0RDFrieza

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:53:15 PM

An average of 22 US Veterans take their own life every day.  I commonly work with active duty service members so I'm reminded of the challenges they face on a regular basis.  Try to remember the completely different life of a veteran even if you are a veteran yourself.  It's complicated but making a conscious effort goes a long way.
Less unjust wars=less PTSD=less suicides

Every war for the past 70 years has been unjust, and wasn't in the name of "freedom" as so many foolishly believed and continue to believe
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:00:59 AM

Every war for the past 70 years has been unjust, and wasn't in the name of "freedom" as so many foolishly believed and continue to believe

No one in this world is free.  But you miss the point anyways. It's about the sacrifice veterans make for their people.  No one here is trying to argue rather wars should or shouldn't have been fought.

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 03:18:06 AM

No one in this world is free.  But you miss the point anyways. It's about the sacrifice veterans make for their people.  No one here is trying to argue rather wars should or shouldn't have been fought.

“It’s about” (grendel25) taking a measure of the viability of patriotism as a mobilizing agent.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:12:30 AM

“It’s about” (grendel25) taking a measure of the viability of patriotism as a mobilizing agent.

Or you could just make your own thread and call it, "Taking a measure of the viability of patriotism as a mobilizing agent," instead of troll crapping in this one.  :-)

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 06:59:30 PM

. . .

Or you could just make your own thread and call it, "Taking a measure of the viability of patriotism as a mobilizing agent," instead of troll crapping in this one.  :-)

An entire thread to correct but one errant post‽  Shocked

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
seen369

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:31:39 PM

I guess this is why most soldiers are young. They are full of naive patriotism and have no idea why they have been asked to kill their fellow man.
Yes, the veterans should be pitied, since they are simply pawns in a game of fake manifest destiny!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: