Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Bitcoin Event! Flying Satoshi game of skill for Bitcoin open beta has begun  (Read 2482 times)
MegalodonGames (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 08:47:06 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 09:01:19 PM by MegalodonGames

So you have to pay EVERY time you play for a small chance at a big prize? There's a word for this: gambling. Welp, there goes the tiny bit of interest I had in this "tournament".

There is an entry fee for BTC tournaments, however we do have a free tournament that still allows you to hone your skills and collect FS coins. The free tournament has no prize minus the FS you receive through achievements and coins. Also in our early stages with tournaments being under 10 players, every single player receives bitcoin back.

I am glad you brought up gambling though. There is one major component that separates our game from being considered gambling, chance. If you look at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling, gambling requires three elements be present: consideration, chance and prize. As there is no random element of chance such as being dealt an awesome or terrible hand, this is not a gambling game but a game of skill. For reference heres wikipedia on game of skill http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_skill.

Given that gambling can be an extremely addictive behavior - and as a Nevada resident I'm sure you know this - it is deeply unethical to fail to disclose your game as the gambling it clearly is.

Another deceptive douchescam foiled by our hero Beliathon. You're welcome, community.

I have to admit you do you make me laugh hero Beliathon  Grin. However we are not a gambling game as there is a marked difference between gambling and games of skill. Yes you do have to pay to play in the BTC tournaments and yes you can win quite a hefty prize. However I'm starting to think you are running out of straws to grasp and you can only hide your desire to play this game for so long!

Why make a .exe file ? Rather have it run online in a client. No one will try it, unless someone downsloads it in a VM to try it out.

Unfortunately with Unity 4.6, the exe is required to play Unity web games. Thankfully we are only hopefully a few weeks away from being exe free.

As a side question for those skeptical... let's say we used Paypal for our transaction method and you ran across this game, would you still look at it with the same skeptical glasses?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: