Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:27:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Bitcoin Event! Flying Satoshi game of skill for Bitcoin open beta has begun  (Read 2482 times)
MegalodonGames (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 02:07:04 AM

Open beta has now started for our game of skill, Flying Satoshi! Tournaments are 3 minutes long and Bitcoin winnings are automatically transferred to your game wallet after each tournament.

The first 100 eligible users will receive 1 free tournament play once they generate a wallet.

Simply go to http://FlyingSatoshi.com and register to start flying and win Bitcoin!
Baghead

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:26:15 AM

Does not work for me, why i am clicking noobie links i do not know  Sad Any funny business i will be hunting you down  Grin
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:32:51 AM

Does not work for me, why i am clicking noobie links i do not know you

Thanks for being the guinea pig, never click newbie links for flying satoshi it will be you're satoshi flying in to his wallet  Shocked

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 02:52:16 AM

@MegalodonGames
The game shows messages/popup always while the user is playing, you should avoid it totally.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
MegalodonGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:08:58 AM

Does not work for me, why i am clicking noobie links i do not know  Sad Any funny business i will be hunting you down  Grin

Lol the link should be up and running, were you able to get to the Unity web player screen? Chrome does a good job of hiding the accept Unity plugin button Smiley
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 03:11:17 AM

FYI, the game loads and plays through Unity Player.
I don't know if Unity Player is safe or not. (Ex. whether it can auto download malicious files or etc)

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
MegalodonGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:18:16 AM

@MegalodonGames
The game shows messages/popup always while the user is playing, you should avoid it totally.

Yeah we have been debating which messages/popups to allow while in play. Any in particular that you found most annoying HostFat?
MegalodonGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:26:26 AM

FYI, the game loads and plays through Unity Player.
I don't know if Unity Player is safe or not. (Ex. whether it can auto download malicious files or etc)

Here's a link regarding Unity Player being safe. This is from Unity's site so take that as you will... http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/603180/does-unity-give-your-computer-a-virus.html

Once Unity5 is released, the web player will run in WebGL so no plugin will be required to play and it will be playable on mobile devices running iOS8.1+ and Chrome for Android 30+.
MegalodonGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:51:53 AM

Not running that .exe, call it paranoid but it's not worth the risk. I have no clue if that is an infected file pretending to be unity that once people install it steals wallet data.

We understand, we were hesitant to release as a plugin for that reason alone.

The moment Unity releases a webGL version we will update the site and let you guys know!
MegalodonGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 02:01:17 AM

Thanks to all that have participated so far in our beta, the feedback has been very helpful! Keep in mind we still have a few free play spots left so sign up while you can. We have made a few small changes but have a major update planned in the new few weeks.

We will be adding a lobby system, further improving on the users social experience while adding a more intuitive tournament system. In addition to that, we are expecting Unity 5 to be released very soon which means the game will play right from the browser without a plugin to download. The rumor mill on the Unity forums says the release will be within a month.

For the latest news head over to our news feed at http://flyingsatoshi.com/category/news/  Grin
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 03:29:43 AM

I have to install Unity Web Player?

Sorry, that's enough for me to pass. I'm not "installing" a random software from an unknown source. You gotta make your games more accessible! Or if you're scamming, nice try.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 03:30:40 AM

Thanks to all that have participated so far in our beta, the feedback has been very helpful! Keep in mind we still have a few free play spots left so sign up while you can. We have made a few small changes but have a major update planned in the new few weeks.

We will be adding a lobby system, further improving on the users social experience while adding a more intuitive tournament system. In addition to that, we are expecting Unity 5 to be released very soon which means the game will play right from the browser without a plugin to download. The rumor mill on the Unity forums says the release will be within a month.

For the latest news head over to our news feed at http://flyingsatoshi.com/category/news/  Grin

Hahaha, yeah, how many have participated so far?

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 03:45:32 AM

Open beta has now started for our game of skill, Flying Satoshi! Tournaments are 3 minutes long and Bitcoin winnings are automatically transferred to your game wallet after each tournament.
How much btc are the prizes? Let me take a wild guess and say, damn near worthless. Oops, did I spoil the surprise and ruin your shitty business model? My bad.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:03:32 AM

Unity is an engine for creating games, for those having doubts. Anyone with an oculas rift knows that half the games for it run on Unity!

It is no way unknown.

Flying Satoshi, is though! Tongue

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:12:24 AM

How did you get a unity license for a "free" event?  Roll Eyes

MegalodonGames (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:31:26 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 11:01:48 AM by MegalodonGames

I should have given you guys more information regarding us and also how our tournament system works. I understand the skepticism we have initially received, I personally have been a long time lurker and gpu miner that has gone through some of the scams that have happened with alt coins (GPU coin, PANDA coin), failed exchanges and failed start ups in the past.

Megalodon games is what you would call an indie game company. It's literally 2 guys that both have a vested interested in bitcoin and game development. We are a licensed LLC out of Nevada and plan to release more bitcoin games of skill as time goes on. For our first project, our intention was to create a multiplayer endless runner game (think flappy bird) where you could actually make bitcoin based on your skill.

The initial thought behind this kind of game came from early street fighter 2 arcade days. Everyone knew you had to pay a quarter (in the US at least) to play against either the computer or player, that was just an accepted cost to enjoy kicking some butt. But imagine a game where you beat the other person in the game and then won both quarters back? That's ultimately what we are trying to achieve and this is just our first game... Flying Satoshi's entry fee for the lowest tournament is currently ironically close to 25 cents a game at .001BTC.

With regards to Unity, some of you are unfamiliar with it so I will answer each posters question. Before I do that though, let's talk about Unity. I don't know how many of you are familiar with game engines, but Unity is similar to the Unreal 4 engine and is getting increasingly popular among indie companies due to its pricing structure and large feature set. As Mowcore brought up, many oculus rift games are built with Unity like The Forest http://store.steampowered.com/app/242760/ (awesome game btw). It's also used in many popular mobile games, most notably Blizzard's Hearthstone. One of the biggest draws to this game engine besides it's built in physics engine is it's ease of porting to pretty much every gaming platform out there. As a side note, we also plan to port Flying Satoshi at some point to the App Store and Google Play but don't have too much hope due to their history with pulling BTC apps and not accepting them.  Roll Eyes

I have to install Unity Web Player?

Sorry, that's enough for me to pass. I'm not "installing" a random software from an unknown source. You gotta make your games more accessible! Or if you're scamming, nice try.

Unity is upgrading their web player with the release of Unity 5 in the upcoming weeks to webGL which requires no downloads whatsoever. This also means that you will be able to play our game on iOs 8.1 phones and Android phones with Chrome 40. Hopefully you will give us a chance once that happens! However, our goal is to make our games more accessible in the long term.

Hahaha, yeah, how many have participated so far?
We currently have 66 users signed up with 32 tournaments played in the past 10 days. That's not a lot but we have only posted on here and twice on reddit. We are currently holding off advertising until our lobby room is in place, our game is plugin free and have properly stress tested our servers... Hence the beta tag!

How much btc are the prizes? Let me take a wild guess and say, damn near worthless. Oops, did I spoil the surprise and ruin your shitty business model? My bad.

Nice guess but that would be incorrect  Wink Our FAQ  http://flyingsatoshi.com/faq/ goes in to more detail on it but here's the payout table...

Players
        1        2       3      4        5        6       7       8        9        10+
1st   90%   60%   50%   50%   40%   35%   30%   30%    30%   30%
2nd     -     30%   25%   20%   20%   20%   20%   15%    15%   14%
3rd     -       -      15%   10%   15%   15%   15%   12%    12%   12%
4th     -       -        -      10%   10%   10%   10%   10%    10%   10%
5th     -       -        -        -      5%    5%     5%     5%     8%     8%
6th     -       -        -        -       -      5%      5%    5%     6%     6%
7th     -       -        -        -       -       -       5%     5%     4%     4%
8th     -       -        -        -       -       -         -      3%     3%     2%
9th     -       -        -        -       -       -         -       -       2%     2%
10th    -      -       -         -       -       -         -       -        -       2%
Gems 5%    5%    5%    5%    5%    5%      5%    5%     5%     5%

As shown all of those equal 95%... 5% goes to us to pay for servers and reward players for unlocking achievements and topping the weekly leaderboards. Max amount of players in a single tournament is 100. So let's say you were to play with a 100 people in the .001 BTC tournament (2000 FS) and got 1st place. You would receive .03BTC for first place and .002BTC for tenth place. That's a 30x winnings for first and that's just in the lowest room. In the .01 BTC room first place receives a winnings of .3 BTC with 100 players. Each tournament is currently 3 minutes and payouts to your game BTC wallet are instant after the end of the tournament. You can transfer out to any BTC address at any time.

Another thing to point out regarding our payouts and entry fees is we use our own in game currency called Flying Satoshi. At the starting package, the exchange is 2000 FS = .001BTC and there are larger packages that give you a bigger discount of Flying Satoshi purchased. By using an in game currency, we are able to offer you Flying Satoshi for achievements unlocked, weekly BTC prizes for topping the leaderboards and speedy tournament queueing. Another item to note is that every Flying Satoshi coin picked up in a tournament will be added to your FS wallet. Lastly, you can purchase different hats for your character to wear in the tournaments  Smiley

How did you get a unity license for a "free" event?  Roll Eyes

One of the best things for indie developers with Unity is that they offer a free version with limited porting capabilities, a somewhat trimmed feature set and a unity logo displayed at the beginning. Once a company needs these features or reaches a certain income then that company would purchase their Pro version.

I hope this wall of text isn't too much and answers all of your questions. As mentioned, this is just the beginning for us and we hope in time you will accept Flying Satoshi as an innovative game of skill that uses bitcoin as it's payment vehicle.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:58:44 PM

Still seems a little fishy
Let me know if someone gives it a try
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:50:29 PM

Not running that .exe, call it paranoid but it's not worth the risk. I have no clue if that is an infected file pretending to be unity that once people install it steals wallet data.
Same. Unless the game gets released in open source and the source gets audited im not risking it personally OP.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 06:58:41 PM

So you have to pay EVERY time you play for a small chance at a big prize? There's a word for this: gambling. Welp, there goes the tiny bit of interest I had in this "tournament".

Flying Satoshi's entry fee for the lowest tournament is currently ironically close to 25 cents a game at .001BTC.

Our FAQ  http://flyingsatoshi.com/faq/ goes in to more detail on it but here's the payout table...

Players
        1        2       3      4        5        6       7       8        9        10+
1st   90%   60%   50%   50%   40%   35%   30%   30%    30%   30%
2nd     -     30%   25%   20%   20%   20%   20%   15%    15%   14%
3rd     -       -      15%   10%   15%   15%   15%   12%    12%   12%
4th     -       -        -      10%   10%   10%   10%   10%    10%   10%
5th     -       -        -        -      5%    5%     5%     5%     8%     8%
6th     -       -        -        -       -      5%      5%    5%     6%     6%
7th     -       -        -        -       -       -       5%     5%     4%     4%
8th     -       -        -        -       -       -         -      3%     3%     2%
9th     -       -        -        -       -       -         -       -       2%     2%
10th    -      -       -         -       -       -         -       -        -       2%
Gems 5%    5%    5%    5%    5%    5%      5%    5%     5%     5%

As shown all of those equal 95%... 5% goes to us to pay for servers and reward players for unlocking achievements and topping the weekly leaderboards. Max amount of players in a single tournament is 100. So let's say you were to play with a 100 people in the .001 BTC tournament
Given that gambling can be an extremely addictive behavior - and as a Nevada resident I'm sure you know this - it is deeply unethical to fail to disclose your game as the gambling it clearly is.

Another deceptive douchescam foiled by our hero Beliathon. You're welcome, community.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:24:58 PM

The first 100 eligible users will receive 1 free tournament play once they generate a wallet.

Simply go to http://FlyingSatoshi.com and register to start flying and win Bitcoin!

Why make a .exe file ? Rather have it run online in a client. No one will try it, unless someone downsloads it in a VM to try it out.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: