Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Pay to integrate Bitcoin?  (Read 2219 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:23:03 AM

It's annoying that I was seeing what looks like a stealth rally in Bitcoin but no News that would back it up, so when I asked it got stuffed into the dark world of the speculation thread. The Mods on here don't have much nuance in deciding where topics should be.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=954500.0

So what news could be fuelling this move? Is it the Google Pay story?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/google-may-introduce-bitcoin-new-payment-system/
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:30:26 AM

Why would Google Pay integrate bitcoin
I'm sure you will lose your anonymity if you use bitcoin in Google Pay

I think it's bad idea
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:40:24 AM

I think it's bad idea

Why wouldn't they? If they know Bitcoin will be the future then Google would be the first to want to be a part of it even if it threatened their payment system. If you can't beat them join them etc.

It being a bad idea or not doesn't really affect the significance of the move by Google IF the rumors turn out to be true, which they seems quite likely.
nextblast

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:50:22 AM

Although I'd like to see that happen, but to be honest I believe the chance is pretty small.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 07:36:22 AM

Major corporations/companies at the top all possess one very important attribute: stability. Bitcoin is, in its current form, the wild west, you can never be 100% certain of how much you're worth without constantly checking the market. Incorporating such a rogue element into a well-oiled, smooth-running orderly system is not without risks. Before these companies consider Bitcoin as an option they need to make sure their asses are covered from all possible angles not just from a legal standpoint but also as an investment.
I doubt a company like Google would want to hold on to BTC that was paid to them for their services, I'd want to convert to USD as soon as possible if I were them. Imagine Google selling $100,000 worth of apps in one day only to find their earnings reduced to $60,000 the following day. The problem is if they did decide to convert the BTC instantly by selling on an exchange, it could very well drive BTC value down. Balancing out this equation is not easy.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 08:08:14 AM

I don't think the price increase and news event is pure coincidental. If it does materialize, this is going to be big. Price at almost 250 right now.

bitfilliates

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:16:41 AM

Oh I hope it is Tongue
Although unfortunately I doubt they will. It would be good.
lolled

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:49:27 AM

I doubt they would ever do it. Maybe after you create an account after you verify your identity.

Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:52:38 AM

It is a good news that google pay to integrate Bitcoin.
noma

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:00:58 AM

It is a good news that google pay to integrate Bitcoin.

Its not a certain one yet. I see a lot of people saying it, but no news by any other sites like coinbase.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 09:06:11 AM

If anything it would be good publicity, I doubt anyone who actually knows about Bitcoin would use it but people will probably see google accepting Bitcoin and start looking at it more closely.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:17:36 AM

That's it not a good idea if they are willing to make centralized , where is the annonimity then ? it's like if we did not nothing and we should go back to the other payment methods then

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
noma

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:55:16 AM

If its google play store news that caused the price rise, then we should expect a fall soon. If not, then we are good to launch.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Levitron

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 10:27:24 AM

I think it's bad idea

Its a wallet where you buy things and you might have to use your info to purchase things so how is that supposed to be anonymous? and since when is bitcoin anonymous
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 11:19:34 AM

When google starts accepting bitcoin it will at least clear up some of the misconception people have about the coin. When people start using it, the exposure will help people see and realize that there's nothing wrong about it. Moreover with Google level of security people will have more trust.

Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:13:15 PM

So what news could be fuelling this move? Is it the Google Pay story?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/google-may-introduce-bitcoin-new-payment-system/

What story? There is no story other than speculation.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 12:27:06 PM

I don't think Google Play Store will integrate bitcoin as bitcoin is not a recognized currency as of now. BTC is getting popular these days and it will take time for other online stores start using BTC as a payment method.

Bitcoinexp

Activity: 544

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:28:01 PM

I think some people would be uneasy cause that would undermine bitcoin's anonymity, looking as to how Google Pay requires proper authorization and basic identification. But overall, i think it is a good step. This could well bring a positive light to the uses of bitcoin and the ledger blockchain compared to the misconceptions of bitcoin with terrorism and black markets lately. Would be wonderful even to have it incorporated by a giant like google which could quite possibly tighten security.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:40:30 PM

I'm crap at maths and Im no economist but surely people have got it wrong about it being detrimental when companies like Microsoft etc take BTC cause the thinking is that they will quickly convert them to Fiat so it pushes the price down.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but surely as Bitcoin has a wider use and thereofre is stretched over a much wider network the price will definetly increase as the coin becomes more scarce. I mean we only have 10m or so in supply so even a small amount of mainstream use and you will start to get liquidity issues in BTC. Sure I get the short term potential for drops but the bigger picture is its one step back and two steps forward?
Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:40:40 PM

Google play would not integrate bitcoin as a payment for so many reasons one would be the price of it that keep on crushing, its too risky for them.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: