Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-02-14] 50% of the CryptoCoinsNews followers are probably fake  (Read 1500 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 09:57:29 AM

50% of the CryptoCoinsNews followers are fake

https://www.twitteraudit.com/cryptocoinsnews

they also pushed the Gaw-Scam so be carefull with this site:

CryptoCoinsNews and GAW Miners Sitting in a Tree… K I S S I N G.

https://medium.com/@BTCtom/cryptocoinsnews-and-gaw-miners-sitting-in-a-tree-k-i-s-s-i-n-g-afe20eecc080?r=reddit

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:30:50 PM

Interesting. They post a lot of crap stories around. What I want to know is how did you audit their twitter profile? When I tried to see what mine would be like it said I need to sign into my own account.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:53:10 PM

Interesting. They post a lot of crap stories around. What I want to know is how did you audit their twitter profile? When I tried to see what mine would be like it said I need to sign into my own account.

I think you have to sign in to your account and then it can audit other accounts.  I logged in as mine and then audited a different one.

It isn't perfect because one I checked (who I know) has less than 10 followers and all are real, but it says 1 is fake.  It is all based on statistics so isn't perfect, particularly with small samples, but I guess should give a reasonable idea.

Interesting link...
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:24:35 PM

I think you have to sign in to your account and then it can audit other accounts.  I logged in as mine and then audited a different one.

It isn't perfect because one I checked (who I know) has less than 10 followers and all are real, but it says 1 is fake.  It is all based on statistics so isn't perfect, particularly with small samples, but I guess should give a reasonable idea.

Interesting link...

Ah ok. I wouldn't expect it to be 100% accurate and there will be some false positives, but are you 100% sure all his follows are real? Some can look real on first glance but are clearly fake after a bit of investigation.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:44:19 AM

There's so many bot accounts on Twitter plus many others that have been scammed out or taken over that many people, even if they're real at first, just end up giving up. The other active ones just get some service to find as many new followers as possible and don't even care if they're legit ones or not. The end game is that Twitter is just a spot for rich people to allow the boobeoisie to keep up to date with their favorite celeb - all for as much as 120 characters at a time. You could bust your ass w/ you account to grow it but there's far too many limitations for the average to get any sizable followings to disseminate whatever your agenda is that it ultimately becomes a waste of time. By the time you think you've made any significant progress, say 3-6 months or more, probably upwards of a quarter to half of your followers have went dormant, post very little to be almost worthless to you, or have been scammed out of their account so they've given up altogether. And let's face it, unless you're a celebrity of sorts for some particular genre, none of your followers are keeping up on your messaging in terms of scanning your timeline or whatever to retweet and/or reply. That said, unless your ever-so dwindling followings are actively checking out their timeline of which you are apart of, they'll never see your posting unless if you're constantly shelling out tweets all day long and you keep busting out similar tweets in hopes that a certain number of your active followers will see it and click your link or whatever. I've played the Twitter game and still do off and on for shits and giggles w/ a couple thousand followers but I ultimately consider it a waste of time because as I've said, if I did a personal audit I'd find out that likely half of them are dormant or not real anymore. That's Twitter for the average person in a nutshell.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:39:08 PM

Interesting link...

Ah ok. I wouldn't expect it to be 100% accurate and there will be some false positives, but are you 100% sure all his follows are real? Some can look real on first glance but are clearly fake after a bit of investigation.

I know the one with less than ten (6 followers in fact) are real since they are personally known - it is just that one of them hasn't tweeted or done anything, just registered and followed "to try it out." :-).  That would seem fake to the statistical analysis I am sure. 

It is a cool tool.

Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:50:31 PM

Yeah I don't like CCN. I stick to coindesk, coinfire and cointelegraph.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: