Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Domain (10$ loan, repaying 20$, 3 Months)  (Read 1801 times)
xerbot_dev (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 05:06:39 PM

Hello,

I will firstly give some background information about what I'm doing and why I need a domain.

I am working on an online game bot called Xerbot. I have currently 2 packages for my bot, one is for eRepublik ( http://erepublik.com/ ) and one for RIFT ( http://riftgame.com/ ), more script packages will be written in the near future.

I initially planned to run my website exclusively on a Tor hidden service, which I have been doing up until recently. I bought a VPS about 2 weeks ago with the Bitcoins I've earned, but unfortunately I did not earn enough to buy the domain. I've made one script sale during the time that I ran the website as a Tor hidden service, which was enough to buy a cheap VPS for a year.

The reason I am moving away from Tor hidden services is because it is really difficult to sell scripts through a hidden service, for various reasons. I used onion.city and tor2web.org to allow the average internet user to visit my site, but that came with a whole bunch of problems. For one, the website is slow most of the time and sometimes proxies like onion.city or tor2web would have various caching issues, which will display a message similar to "hidden service not available" for up to 2-4 days. For the optimal experience, the user would have to install the Tor browser and I really can not expect average internet users to do that just to view my website. The site is also unreachable through Tor sometimes, though that's rather rare in comparison to the proxies' caching issues.

I am currently using the domain xerbot.cz.cc , which is a free domain. It isn't bad, but I will have to purchase xerbot.com regardless if I obtain a loan now, or wait for a few script sales or money through ads which could be in a month or two. The problem with buying it in a few months is that my search rankings will suffer quite a bit once I make the transition from xerbot.cz.cc to xerbot.com , and the search rankings are very important for my business model. It could take months for the website's rankings to completely recover after a transition from one domain to the other.

If a person types "erepublik bot" or "rift bot" into Google or other various search engines I need my website to be within the first few results, which isn't too unreasonable as a goal because there aren't any commercial bots available for these two games.

It's not that I can not afford the domain, I could purchase it with my credit card, I however do not want to jeopardize my anonymity which I have been protecting since the very inception of this project. This also means that I will be unable to give you my identity.

One of the main reasons for protecting my anonymity comes from previous court rulings on automation software like WoW Glider and RSBot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDY_Industries,_LLC_v._Blizzard_Entertainment,_Inc.
tl;dr: Blizzard managed to twist the whole thing into a copyright violation issue, which is absurd.
Similar story with Jagex vs Snellman Brothers (RSBot) and also Jagex vs Impulse Software (iBot).

As for the loan itself, I require about 10$ in Bitcoins for the domain and I will repay 20$ in Bitcoins within 3 months (90 days). I will repay the loan early if I am able to.
In the unlikely case that I am unable to repay my debt within 3 months I can offer script licenses or programming work and also give you whatever I earn through advertisements until the agreed sum of 20$ is settled.

As previously stated, my website can be found at http://xerbot.cz.cc/ .

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
dev

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:09:28 PM

Do you have anything to offer as collateral?
xerbot_dev (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 05:20:08 PM

Do you have anything to offer as collateral?

Only thing I can think of are script licenses for my bot. Other than that, no.
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:27:40 PM

10$ loan and you will repay in 3 months??

Simple buy the bitcoins from localbitcoins and later mix them via bitmixer...
xerbot_dev (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 05:35:20 PM

Yes, 3 months because I want to ensure that I can repay it with the money I earn purely through the site. I've also stated that I will repay early if possible.

Localbitcoins is not available in my country.
jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:39:32 PM

Yes, 3 months because I want to ensure that I can repay it with the money I earn purely through the site. I've also stated that I will repay early if possible.

Wich is ur country?
xerbot_dev (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 05:48:37 PM

Wich is ur country?

I can't give you any personal information... please read my first post. It is not available in my country because of financial regulations.
ivonna

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:52:26 PM

Wich is ur country?

I can't give you any personal information... please read my first post. It is not available in my country because of financial regulations.
This sounds like you are trying to scam away $10 worth of bitcoin from some dumb lender. A newbie's word is worth nothing here

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
xerbot_dev (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 06:02:50 PM

Wich is ur country?

This sounds like you are trying to scam away $10 worth of bitcoin from some dumb lender. A newbie's word is worth nothing here

I don't disagree that it sounds like a scam, however my reputation is more worth to me than 10$ as I am working on this for the long term.

You can download the software in a virtual machine, create an eRepublik account and try the bot for yourself...
ivonna

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:07:45 PM

Wich is ur country?

I don't disagree that it sounds like a scam, however my reputation is more worth to me than 10$ as I am working on this for the long term.

You can download the software in a virtual machine, create an eRepublik account and try the bot for yourself...
It took you two minutes to create this account. Your account is brand new. If the reputation of this account were to be ruined then it would take all of two minutes to start over

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
xerbot_dev (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 06:10:24 PM

Wich is ur country?

It took you two minutes to create this account. Your account is brand new. If the reputation of this account were to be ruined then it would take all of two minutes to start over

Not the reputation of this account, the reputation of my website and my software. It doesn't reflect well if the person working on a bot, be it in the clearnet or darknet would scam people.
jorjito25

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 07:17:57 PM

Wich is ur country?

Not the reputation of this account, the reputation of my website and my software. It doesn't reflect well if the person working on a bot, be it in the clearnet or darknet would scam people.

Nobody will loan you a penny,  so dont waste ur time.
xerbot_dev (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 06:36:22 PM

Was able to sell a script and buy the http://xerbot.com/ domain Smiley.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: