Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain tech support and warranty  (Read 8038 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:22:18 AM

2 One board shows temp 0. Hashing 1155GH/s

I have had a board with this before.  The big thing is does the other board show accurate temp?

As long as one board has temp you should be fine since the system does have a temp. If both are out then I would be more worried.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyRig (OP)
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 12:03:59 PM

@Tupsu,

Answer to your question, ALL.  one of the techs sent you the response and instruction from support@bitmain.zendesk.com ticket system. Please follow it up.  

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:21:19 PM

I had a question that i havent seen others ask....

I ordered 3x s5's from u guys from batch 2 because batch 1 sold out while i was asleep but when i ordered we were promised quiet and cool miners and that they can handle a voltage down to 9v to provide .2w per gh/s. When i got my miners it was clear they werent "quiet" at all or even close to it. I sent emails asking wtf happened here and got no replies. I sent u a message on here and got 0 reply as well. A couple of weeks ago i emailed bitmain asking what psu did they use to get 9v. They replied telling me 9v isnt supported only 12v is and for a second i thought i was losing my damn mind because i read their advertising information for the s5 sooooo many times and i know i didnt miss the s5 being able to go down to 9v part....i mean who can make that stuff up?? I sure as hell cant. So i checked the product page and it wasnt there ne more....luckily its listed in the announcement thread but it is now crossed out i guess to say its not a valid claim ne more. So if that wasnt bad enough the reps told me u guys removed it as soon as u found out it wasnt true so "dont worry about it".....what the fuck do u mean dont worry about it?? U made a claim that u guys didnt test got over $400 per miner from me plus shipping....then u removed the feature that made me want to buy the fuckers to begin with and then dick slap me in the face by tellin me "dont worry about it"Huh? Why wasnt i or ne one else that purchased miners before this change was made given some kind of compensation for your false advertising?? Why do u still claim to sell a cool and quiet miner that is neither cool nor quiet?? In fact it runs almost 20 degrees hotter then your s3+'s in the same room. Sure it hashes faster but it seems like u guys went el cheepo on the design and didnt make the whole unit enclosed like the s3....if u enclosed it im sure it would improve cooling allowing for lower rpm fans to be used but the noise isnt even the worst part....the worst part is how people like me invested thousands and even way more then me on your products only to get shafted secretly....please explain to me how this is appropriate??
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

I ordered 3x s5's from u guys from batch 2 because batch 1 sold out while i was asleep but when i ordered we were promised quiet and cool miners and that they can handle a voltage down to 9v to provide .2w per gh/s.

Who promised you quiet and the .2X per GHs.  Was it from a third party and not Bitmain?

I just find it hard to believe they would promise .2X per GHs out of a S5.
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:53:43 PM

I ordered 3x s5's from u guys from batch 2 because batch 1 sold out while i was asleep but when i ordered we were promised quiet and cool miners and that they can handle a voltage down to 9v to provide .2w per gh/s.

Who promised you quiet and the .2X per GHs.  Was it from a third party and not Bitmain?

I just find it hard to believe they would promise .2X per GHs out of a S5.

lol really?? did u even read my whole post?? if u had read it u would know but let me copy and paste the info for you provided BY BITMAIN NOT BY A THIRD PARTY:

"Notes
1.   Power consumption figures vary with your PSU’s efficiency, the ambient operating temperature and the accuracy of the power meter.
2.   PSU: A power supply unit is not included, and you will need to provide an ATX PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input and all four are required. Do not connect more than one PSU to the same hashing board.
3.   When better power efficiency is needed in the future due to higher network difficulties, you may want to buy some special PSUs 9V DC with more than 10A output, which will allow you to have a 0.2J/GH mining efficiency, but at lower hashing speed. "

if you look at the thread announcing the s5 u will see they crossed it out but its still there and was there for more then half the batches they sold already. hell bitmain still says this miner is cool and quiet so did u just reply because u saw this thread at the top of the list?? next time dont try makin me sound like idk what i paid for.....if u cross reffed my claims u would have seen exactly what im talking about.

first email reply from bitmain (mar 30th):

"Hi,
for S5, Input voltage should not be less than 12.00V, since it is based on serial power solution and there is no DC/DC inside the miner. Higher input voltage will cause higher mining efficiency.
And it cannot work well with 9V or 10V."

second email reply from bitmain (mar 30th):

"sHi,
Sorry for the inconvenience.
After double checking, we confirm the S5 cannot work well with 9V, so we crossed out this description."

third email reply from bitmain (mar 31st and once i replied they went dead silent refusing the resolve this situation):

"Hi,
We have correct it immediate after we get the info, it has been a long time now.
Once the miner can work well with 12V, no need to worry about it.
Thanks."

they didnt fix it immediately and they didnt say it "might" work with lower voltages but we arent sure.....they made a claim based on zero testing it seems which they should provide compensation for. not only to me but to every other person that ordered up until they made the change which wasnt "right after" like the rep said. releasing products using false and untested claims isnt legal and is morally wrong!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:12:55 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 12:42:45 AM by notlist3d

numnutz2009 I appolgize it appears i had a different number in my head then listed.   I have never underclocked it near the .2 level.  Yes I read it.  I just made a assumption, it appears my assumption of  BM1384 chips was wrong.

Anyways happy mining to you.  

*Also I have no part in numnutz fued on spec.  I have always been treated great by Bitmain Support. 
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:31:01 PM

numnutz2009 I appolgize it appears i had a different number in my head then listed.   I have never underclocked it near the .2 level.  Yes I read it.  I just made a assumption, it appears my assumption of  BM1384 chips was wrong.

np just wanted to make sure u replied since i have noticed people read a few posts and when they hit one disputing something another poster said or asking if its true they dont continue reading they just take that as being fact and spread wrong info so hopefully others will question y what i mentioned wasnt provided but promised and since its not provided y wasnt some sort of compensation given to those that purchased the miner (in my case at 100+ more then the current price because it was batch #2 directly from bitmain) based on false untested claims that were later found to be lies and were silently changed. it was so silent that up until the 29th of march i had no effin clue about the change. i read that maybe a firmware update will allow better functionality for under volting them down to 9v because as they sit they dont unde rvolt at all reallyand any changes below 12v make the miner act all sketch causing mining issues or the controller wont detect the boards at all so i emailed them asking what the exact model 9v 10a psu was used so i can try it out myself with the same hardware they used to test it but sure enough i soon found out that they didnt actually test their bold ass claims. sure i wont run at 9v right now because .5w per gh/s is fine for many people but when the diff gets higher or electricity costs go up then undervolting was supposed to be there to allow us to run them at a much higher efficiency rating so they can be in service longer then they would be if they couldnt be under volted but all in all i know i cant be the only person that saw those numbers and was thinking exactly what i stated above....no one likes buying new hardware....especially when their current hardware never hit a roi point so even at a slightly higher cost we were suppose to be able to basically hit or get much closer to the roi point if the diff started going up by leaps and bounds like it has in the past now we are stuck with once .5w per gh/s isnt worth it anymore we have to sell these and start all over again with new miners....i wonder y they havent replied to this thread yet.....probably the same reason this threads op didnt reply to my pm when i got my s5 and had problems seeing the "quietness" of the miners.....sad.
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:27:52 PM

numnutz2009 I appolgize it appears i had a different number in my head then listed.   I have never underclocked it near the .2 level.  Yes I read it.  I just made a assumption, it appears my assumption of  BM1384 chips was wrong.

np just wanted to make sure u replied since i have noticed people read a few posts and when they hit one disputing something another poster said or asking if its true they dont continue reading they just take that as being fact and spread wrong info so hopefully others will question y what i mentioned wasnt provided but promised and since its not provided y wasnt some sort of compensation given to those that purchased the miner (in my case at 100+ more then the current price because it was batch #2 directly from bitmain) based on false untested claims that were later found to be lies and were silently changed. it was so silent that up until the 29th of march i had no effin clue about the change. i read that maybe a firmware update will allow better functionality for under volting them down to 9v because as they sit they dont unde rvolt at all reallyand any changes below 12v make the miner act all sketch causing mining issues or the controller wont detect the boards at all so i emailed them asking what the exact model 9v 10a psu was used so i can try it out myself with the same hardware they used to test it but sure enough i soon found out that they didnt actually test their bold ass claims. sure i wont run at 9v right now because .5w per gh/s is fine for many people but when the diff gets higher or electricity costs go up then undervolting was supposed to be there to allow us to run them at a much higher efficiency rating so they can be in service longer then they would be if they couldnt be under volted but all in all i know i cant be the only person that saw those numbers and was thinking exactly what i stated above....no one likes buying new hardware....especially when their current hardware never hit a roi point so even at a slightly higher cost we were suppose to be able to basically hit or get much closer to the roi point if the diff started going up by leaps and bounds like it has in the past now we are stuck with once .5w per gh/s isnt worth it anymore we have to sell these and start all over again with new miners....i wonder y they havent replied to this thread yet.....probably the same reason this threads op didnt reply to my pm when i got my s5 and had problems seeing the "quietness" of the miners.....sad.

I replied to your PM, I'll try different things, but I'll probably still hit the 0.44 W/GH wall.
Sidehack will also probably soon report efficiency from his project based on the same chip.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:18:47 PM

Nom nom nom.....still waiting bitmaintech support.....u have viewed my messages and replies so ur clearly ignoring my questions and concerns when im in need of "support". Where the heck r u located that allows u to not do what ur gettin paid to do?? In amerrrrca i cant do that without getting into trouble lol soooooo u must not be here right?? Ne who imma keep posting and messaging and emailing until i get some sort of resolution or even a reply.
MyRig (OP)
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 06:09:51 PM

Sales terms and Legal inquiry, please send request and questions to info@bitmaintech.com

We the techs can't answer that for you.

I ordered 3x s5's from u guys from batch 2 because batch 1 sold out while i was asleep but when i ordered we were promised quiet and cool miners and that they can handle a voltage down to 9v to provide .2w per gh/s. When i got my miners it was clear they werent "quiet" at all or even close to it. I sent emails asking wtf happened here and got no replies. I sent u a message on here and got 0 reply as well. A couple of weeks ago i emailed bitmain asking what psu did they use to get 9v. They replied telling me 9v isnt supported only 12v is and for a second i thought i was losing my damn mind because i read their advertising information for the s5 sooooo many times and i know i didnt miss the s5 being able to go down to 9v part....i mean who can make that stuff up?? I sure as hell cant. So i checked the product page and it wasnt there ne more....luckily its listed in the announcement thread but it is now crossed out i guess to say its not a valid claim ne more. So if that wasnt bad enough the reps told me u guys removed it as soon as u found out it wasnt true so "dont worry about it".....what the fuck do u mean dont worry about it?? U made a claim that u guys didnt test got over $400 per miner from me plus shipping....then u removed the feature that made me want to buy the fuckers to begin with and then dick slap me in the face by tellin me "dont worry about it"Huh? Why wasnt i or ne one else that purchased miners before this change was made given some kind of compensation for your false advertising?? Why do u still claim to sell a cool and quiet miner that is neither cool nor quiet?? In fact it runs almost 20 degrees hotter then your s3+'s in the same room. Sure it hashes faster but it seems like u guys went el cheepo on the design and didnt make the whole unit enclosed like the s3....if u enclosed it im sure it would improve cooling allowing for lower rpm fans to be used but the noise isnt even the worst part....the worst part is how people like me invested thousands and even way more then me on your products only to get shafted secretly....please explain to me how this is appropriate??

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
numnutz2009

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:14:00 PM

Sales terms and Legal inquiry, please send request and questions to info@bitmaintech.com

We the techs can't answer that for you.

u cant answer y the miner is so damn loud when it was sold as being quiet?? i emailed bitmain and they r telling me this stuff wasnt listed as being fact.....they r saying they never promised anything in their description but if that were true y didnt they say (untested and might not work) or something similar next to the item on the list....instead they stated it can do this and can do that when really it cant do anything they claim it can....this is some shit dude!
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 03:55:40 PM

There is no need to talk like that. Yes S5 is loud probably much more then you imagined and so what. They are not made to be used in your kitchen or bedroom so relax and enjoy. Everyone come here and write trash about Bitmain some with good points but most of you with some idiotic nonsense stuff. You need to realize that this is all technology in its early stages and chinese manufacturers are learning and adapting to new markets. Also we all know they are hungry for profit and because of that they tend to do things with less precision and devotion. But as the time goes by they will learn from mistakes and make better devices and services. So only time will tell.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:28:07 PM

There is no need to talk like that. Yes S5 is loud probably much more then you imagined and so what. They are not made to be used in your kitchen or bedroom so relax and enjoy. Everyone come here and write trash about Bitmain some with good points but most of you with some idiotic nonsense stuff. You need to realize that this is all technology in its early stages and chinese manufacturers are learning and adapting to new markets. Also we all know they are hungry for profit and because of that they tend to do things with less precision and devotion. But as the time goes by they will learn from mistakes and make better devices and services. So only time will tell.

I think it's sad this thread has been hijacked with someone who is having issues with spec and quietness.  The fact is Bitmain support has always treated me good.  Yoshi and his team I consider to be all helpful people.

How about we let this thread go back to support and support questions for Bitmain?
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:25:25 PM

Today I sent all my broken Antminer S5 parts to Bitmaintech (Serbia)
#1: Beagle Bone Black
#2: S5 Hash PCB x 1
#3: S5 Control PCB   with 18 pin connectors
#4: Beagle Bone Black
#5: S5 Hash PCB x 1 with 18 pin connector
#6: S5 Hash PCB x 1 with 18 pin connector
#7: S5 Hash PCB x 1 with 16 pin connector

I have purchased a total of 35 Antminer S5. It is not a very large percentage broken parts, because some things were only minor errors. LEDs not working and temperature sensor showed zero.

Today was shipped out  from  China    all spare   parts .

So I am happy with the speed of warranty service.

But be sure to get paid 20% VAT. Hopefully not to much.

For missing Control PCB and BBB was made for a quick temporary solution.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 11:44:37 PM

Will Bitmain sell extra control boards or hashing board for backup purpose? Always good to have spare part around. Especially hashing board and controller.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:09:57 AM

Will Bitmain sell extra control boards or hashing board for backup purpose? Always good to have spare part around. Especially hashing board and controller.

Email them or call and ask.  It's been my experience they will sell them for support reasons when they have the parts.   For example getting a S3 one at this point is slim.  But one they still make such as a S5 much better chance they will have the part to sell.

I once bought a S3 board when they were still new.  I lost power and it ofcourse bricked it, and I did not have parts to flash it.
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 01:21:55 PM

Like opentoe said just ask for any replacement part that you need and they will respond accordingly. I think there are parts for S3/S3+, S4 and S5 and you can always ask for other device parts (S1 and S2). As far as I know they do not have S4 power supplies at the moment but that will change too. It is nice to see that this thread moved forward from flaming and trolling to concrete questions and solutions. Happy mining all.

HolgerDansk

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:22:52 PM

That's a great idea.  Would you reply here, after you've checked.  I'd like to know if they'll do that, and how much.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:09:43 PM

That's a great idea.  Would you reply here, after you've checked.  I'd like to know if they'll do that, and how much.

I'm sure it depends on which board.   You should contact them to see if they have the model in stock.  They were very helpful when I needed one.  I cant remember how much but it was a fair price and plus shipping I believe.

They were very nice and very quick.  I was surprised how quick I do remember that Smiley.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:10:21 PM

I'm sure it depends on which board.   You should contact them to see if they have the model in stock.  They were very helpful when I needed one.  I cant remember how much but it was a fair price and plus shipping I believe.

They were very nice and very quick.  I was surprised how quick I do remember that Smiley.

You can use new S5 Hash PCB  ( 18 pin connector)   with S5 Control PCB  (16 pin connectors) Need only a 16 pin cable.
Picture of my water cooling S5 project

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: