Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snowden: NSA Surveillance About Control  (Read 1339 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:20:59 PM

An entire ballroom of more than 1,000 stood to applaud Edward Snowden as he was introduced at the Students for Liberty convention in Washington, and again after Snowden challenged them to "win" against the government's attempt to expand its own power.

Of the rowdy reception, Snowden, the former contractor who exposed mass surveillance by the National Security Agency, said via Skype "It’s something I'm not used to in a number of different political settings.”

“You guys are going to make me blush.”

— Students For Liberty (@sfliberty) February 13, 2015

Snowden spoke for about 30 minutes including the time to take three questions from the moderator.

Surveillance, a Threat to Democracy

Addressing the libertarian group, Snowden spoke of the need for people to stand up against the government and demand an end to mass surveillance as a way to protect democracy.

“When we think about democracy, we think about the way we interact, the way we control our relationship with the government as a civil society,” he said. “We have to have an even playing field and, at the end of the day, not think about what divides us but about what holds us together.”

— Luke Rudkowski (@Lukewearechange) February 13, 2015

More...http://sputniknews.com/military/20150214/1018252725.html
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:23:30 PM

sucks that most americans believe in nothing to fear nothing to hide and don't care if their government uses their tax dollars to spy on them, spineless fucking sheep

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:10:22 AM

sucks that most americans believe in nothing to fear nothing to hide and don't care if their government uses their tax dollars to spy on them, spineless fucking sheep
Welcome to my world and life, we're such great pupils. Can you do any better?
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:57:58 AM

Welcome to my world and life, we're such great pupils. Can you do any better?

54 millions are on food stamp now, they will pay their ignorance... don't worry. it's by design.

money is faster...
MilesJohan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:42:39 AM

They willall learn inthe future. Right now none of them cares until its them that the surveillance hit on.

MileyJohanson
BitMos

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:58:37 AM

They willall learn inthe future. Right now none of them cares until its them that the surveillance hit on.

or their loved ones.

money is faster...
neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 09:45:43 AM

or their loved ones.

But the moment they realise that it is allready too late, the scale has tipped and there is no way back other than to revolt. It will cost them dearly, if only they have stood up for their privacy a lot earlier, the fight would have been easier and the protest more peacefull. It is ignorance and lazyness that will be the downfall of mankind..

BitMos

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:14:23 PM

or their loved ones.

But the moment they realise that it is allready too late, the scale has tipped and there is no way back other than to revolt. It will cost them dearly, if only they have stood up for their privacy a lot earlier, the fight would have been easier and the protest more peacefull. It is ignorance and lazyness that will be the downfall of mankind..

don't worry American, you will have nothing to do, enter PLAoC.

money is faster...
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:00:00 PM

They just believe that if this surveillance makes their country a safer place, loss of privacy is a small price to pay for it.
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:40:34 PM

Of course it is about control. Knowledge is power and they are willing to do what they can to abuse it.

They just believe that if this surveillance makes their country a safer place, loss of privacy is a small price to pay for it.

But it doesn't. Do you really think the "terrorists/Bad guys" are really going to use the internet or mobile phones any more? Bin Laden didn't because he knew the dangers. All this sort of mass surveillance does is push the enemies further underground and cause them to operate off the grid whilst punishing everyone else who has their emails and calls logged or recorded just in case it might catch a sloppy "terrorist".

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:45:36 PM

Wondering what was going to happen if Wikileaks & Snowden didn't leak any of the FBI,NSA Documents to be honest . still .. people didn't totally wake up at all .
Btw , could anyone here explain to me why Snowden didn't get caught till now and he is able to do interviews etc ... ? Even if he is on another country , I mean .. there is Interpol right ? (No I don't think he should be caught or be in jail , just wondering how he is a free man after all he done , don't think goverment accept such things)

~ Madness

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:06:13 PM

Wondering what was going to happen if Wikileaks & Snowden didn't leak any of the FBI,NSA Documents to be honest . still .. people didn't totally wake up at all .
Btw , could anyone here explain to me why Snowden didn't get caught till now and he is able to do interviews etc ... ? Even if he is on another country , I mean .. there is Interpol right ? (No I don't think he should be caught or be in jail , just wondering how he is a free man after all he done , don't think goverment accept such things)

~ Madness

I think Snowden is under Russia's protection which would impede Interpol.  But that's a risky game for Snowden if Russia get some sort of a deal with the US where returning Snowden would benefit Russia.  It could factor into everything from human rights issues to Soviet expansionism in the Ukraine.  Snowden could end up being another bargaining chip for Russia to gain ground in some other area.

To Russians, Snowden is the retort to Pussy Riot.  Sort of a "see, Americans are the ones being oppressed by their government."  And even thought it's easy to argue the differences there are enough similarities to make it relevant.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 06:19:00 PM

~ Madness

I think Snowden is under Russia's protection which would impede Interpol.  But that's a risky game for Snowden if Russia get some sort of a deal with the US where returning Snowden would benefit Russia.  It could factor into everything from human rights issues to Soviet expansionism in the Ukraine.  Snowden could end up being another bargaining chip for Russia to gain ground in some other area.

To Russians, Snowden is the retort to Pussy Riot.  Sort of a "see, Americans are the ones being oppressed by their government."  And even thought it's easy to argue the differences there are enough similarities to make it relevant.

mm I see , well it's known that USA and Russia aren't a real good friends . Besides Snowden is that smart and I'am pretty sure he know a lot of things including the relations between those two countries , and he probably made a deal with Russia . He is simply intouchable then.

~ Madness

BitMos

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:05:16 PM

hahaha, do you know at least the name of the units hunting foreign spies (all out) in the biggest land on Earth? funnier than a tiger, and you know why...  Roll Eyes. back off.

But on the other hand like, the Real Americans, I truly believe that most SF of The EMPIRE have been fucked, as such real life exit from the Empire shall be offered to them (and not "craft" crash). I can't let THEM go, like the rest of the scumtrashbags composing the American mosaic. I please you to take that into account, they are really worth it, just utterly betrayed by their chain of command mostly by guys following the tradition of McNamara... everything is good. fuck it. fuck off, liers.

I couldn't be clearer.

money is faster...
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:03:29 PM

~ Madness

mm I see , well it's known that USA and Russia aren't a real good friends . Besides Snowden is that smart and I'am pretty sure he know a lot of things including the relations between those two countries , and he probably made a deal with Russia . He is simply intouchable then.

~ Madness
I think thats one reason why the US government is after him.
They will probably take him out the slight chance they have.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:52:03 PM

We are talking about people that  (from recent news) reported a man of brown skin walking on the sidewalk, and the dude reporting it was scared to go to work and leave his wife alone at home.
Americans are getting what they asked for, and im not sorry or worried about them at all, its just a matter of time til they start killing each other out of some panic.
When you look at average IQ in america , everything that u read or hear about them starts to make sense :]
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:33:20 AM

What's just as scary are all the college rallies in support of outlawing the use of words.  You ask many young folks in America today if they'd prefer 1st Amendment or if they prefer stopping the use of words like "crazy" because it's offensive to those with psychological disorders and they choose the latter. 

NSA doesn't need to control when college professors have the same agenda.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Yeah?

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:46:13 PM

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and that's what they want.

~ Madness

I think Snowden is under Russia's protection which would impede Interpol.  But that's a risky game for Snowden if Russia get some sort of a deal with the US where returning Snowden would benefit Russia.  It could factor into everything from human rights issues to Soviet expansionism in the Ukraine.  Snowden could end up being another bargaining chip for Russia to gain ground in some other area.

To Russians, Snowden is the retort to Pussy Riot.  Sort of a "see, Americans are the ones being oppressed by their government."  And even thought it's easy to argue the differences there are enough similarities to make it relevant.

Snowden isn't that big of a deal to the USA. Sure they want him but not enough to bend over backwards to get him.

What's just as scary are all the college rallies in support of outlawing the use of words.  You ask many young folks in America today if they'd prefer 1st Amendment or if they prefer stopping the use of words like "crazy" because it's offensive to those with psychological disorders and they choose the latter.  

NSA doesn't need to control when college professors have the same agenda.

People are rallying to stop the use of the word crazy? That's insane  Grin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: