Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:57:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER sunk  (Read 5195 times)
Hollowman338 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:26:27 AM

boom

http://www.bter.com

We have to suspend all our services waiting for the security check. More information will be released as soon as possible. Sorry for the interruption.

我们将暂停服务,进行系统安全检查,给您造成不便请谅解...

BTER.com
Email:support@mail.bter.com
Phone:400-0070-955
QQ: 4000070955
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:42:23 AM

RIP NODE (100% of volume) and NXT (40%+ of volume)

NODE deaded..  NXT deaded...  Cry

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 10:44:29 AM

BTER...deaded?  Cry Cry Cry

This is why coins need multisig, like NEM will launch with.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
TheWhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:47:05 AM

Not surprising. I stopped using BTER a long time ago. Something has been going on since the NXT theft.
TaunSew

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:48:52 AM

During the NXT theft - I recall reading that around 5%-7% of the total NXT supply was on there and I wouldn't be surprised if people continued keeping all their coins on there.  Same could be true for NODE and other alternates where the plurality of volume is on BTER.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Hollowman338 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:52:23 AM

NXT dead? 

lol.

TaunSew

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:56:41 AM

NXT dead?  

lol

Irony is that I got this from a Bitshares person, when I was defending NXT.   Cheesy

Yes NXT is pretty "deaded", if BTER is deaded.  Losing 7% of the total coin supply (and 40% of volume) is pretty bad.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:00:24 AM

NXT dead?  

lol

Irony is that I got this from a Bitshares person, when I was defending NXT.   Cheesy

Yes NXT is pretty "deaded", if BTER is deaded.  Losing 7% of the total coin supply is pretty bad.

What's their account number(s)?
Or are you just trolling?
TaunSew

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:03:33 AM

NXT dead?  

lol

Yes NXT is pretty "deaded", if BTER is deaded.  Losing 7% of the total coin supply is pretty bad.

Account who?  It  tells you on a persons' trust page who they got it from.  I got bombed from Coinhoarder (when he was spamming socks in the anti-NXT threads) and twice by Bluemeanie1 (aka the guy who stole 1 million NXT and somebody alleged that his name was on the public criminal database for murder).

Hollowman338 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:08:03 AM

So, the only thing china produces is scam after scam and shitty knock-off substandard tools for harbor freight.  Got it.
TaunSew

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:11:32 AM

So, the only thing china produces is scam after scam and shitty knock-off substandard tools for harbor freight.  Got it.

I remember reading on a chat that BTER was starting something where they were paying people to put their coins on their exchange.  So you may have a point there, allegation or not.  Besides, especially after the NXT hack, it wasn't a place you could trust for storage and the various fees were pretty bad too.

Hollowman338 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:15:05 AM

I remember reading on a chat that BTER was starting something where they were paying people to put their coins on their exchange.  So you may have a point there, allegation or not.  Besides, especially after the NXT hack, it wasn't a place you could trust for storage and the various fees were pretty bad too.

I always found their backdoor tax via truncation of the last 4 decimal digits humorous..

.0000xxxx

Probably worked out well for them.  Fuckheads..
rich93

Activity: 595
Merit: 101

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 11:17:22 AM

Bter must hold a large percentage of quite a few popular coins. I hope it does not go the way of mintpal and create major problems for all those coins.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:19:48 AM

After very public acknowledgement depicted profusely here in BTCT of the BTER willful participation in the scam that  BitPay was, along with Bobsurplus and David Zimbeck, anyone using BTER at all cannot be surprised if scammed, so not sorry at all for those who choose to be victims.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:21:21 AM

Taunsew is a desperate reddcoin bagholder, a shitcoin that belongs in the trash and washed away long time ago.
TaunSew

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:22:57 AM

Bter must hold a large percentage of quite a few popular coins. I hope it does not go the way of mintpal and create major problems for all those coins.

It may end up being the MtGox for alternates.  I mentioned a few percentages already, but there's tons others who had 10% to 20% (like Nubits) of their volume on BTER and the amount of the total supply on Bter could be between 1%-5%

TaunSew

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:24:42 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 11:38:37 AM by TaunSew

Taunsew is a desperate reddcoin bagholder, a shitcoin that belongs in the trash and washed away long time ago.

It's still up like 1.5x - 2x from when I bought it.  Cheesy  and that's despite BTC and almost every alternate going down the drain too.

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:45:17 AM

NXT dead?  

lol

Account who?  It  tells you on a persons' trust page who they got it from.  I got bombed from Coinhoarder (when he was spamming socks in the anti-NXT threads) and twice by Bluemeanie1 (aka the guy who stole 1 million NXT and somebody alleged that his name was on the public criminal database for murder).

So do you know it or not?
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:22:33 PM

NXT, Bitshares, XCP, Doge omnomnom on Polo and Bittrex soon would make my day lol Grin

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:32:12 PM

BTERs current hot wallet for NXT:

http://www.mynxt.info/account/9529893552967478846

Looks OK to me......keeping my fingers crossed.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:33:25 PM

meh.. I always only keep at exchanges what I currently need for trading but with the current DRK fluctuations that was quite a bit T_T...
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:41:29 PM

oh shit, shocking to see that, i have 500k bitbay and 1.37 btc,
hope will see back bter back online soon.
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:04:26 PM

i know it will happen, i read some warning few months ago and decided to stop trading there
and NXT theft was another signal that something wrong there
hope your coins is safe and return to your wallet safely
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:06:19 PM

http://cache.baiducontent.com/c?m=9f65cb4a8c8507ed4fece76310478b711923d0256b97c7150885ce178e371b071c37bdec3a29140ec780212757a0191abdb02173471420c08cc9f81b80e485285edb67722b4dd81605d368a4cf4c&p=8a759a4edcd015f434be9b7c560d&newp=882a9e4f81d012a05ab8d53f4c4d92695803ed603ed1d5426c&user=baidu&fm=sc&query=http%3A//bter%2Ecom/article/968&qid=cbe474610005e369&p1=2

https://blockchain.info/address/1M2bv6sypZSp6uAEC9U4Gzvgp6jd29F87e

Cry
TaunSew

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:07:52 PM

Deadeded?   Cry

sofu
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:13:21 PM

http://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Bter.com-cold

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:35:49 PM

After very public acknowledgement depicted profusely here in BTCT of the BTER willful participation in the scam that  BitPay was, along with Bobsurplus and David Zimbeck, anyone using BTER at all cannot be surprised if scammed, so not sorry at all for those who choose to be victims.

Aren't you a Paycoin apologist though? Why go from a scam hater to defending one of the largest scams in crypto history?
sofu
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:36:25 PM

Have they commented if they will refund users or will they close down without refunding ?

Till now they have not confirmed the hack. How can they give any comments about refunds?

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/chinese-bitcoin-exchanges-huobi-and-bter-experiencing-issues

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:40:49 PM

News from Bter:

7170 BTC got stolen from our cold wallet in this transaction:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f5b0363f03e1ed8bb812c135361ea93590c831ce9f13a3750be1b93575baccc6

720 bounty for chasing it back.

All wallets have been shut down and withdrawals of unaffected coins will be arranged later.
havecoch

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:42:57 PM

Would almost be impossible to chase the coins now. Have they commented on how they managed to get their cold wallet compromised ?

bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:46:27 PM

After very public acknowledgement depicted profusely here in BTCT of the BTER willful participation in the scam that  BitPay was, along with Bobsurplus and David Zimbeck, anyone using BTER at all cannot be surprised if scammed, so not sorry at all for those who choose to be victims.

Yes you would not care because you're lack of human nature you are like a parasite clinging to anything that makes you feel superior, barabbas the 50 yr old man says oh i knew that was a scam from the start, i told you i told you! like a school girl. You was never sorry for the victims in that shitstorm either so i wonder what is the point of you. The thing is you lack credibility so of course not every one listened to you're rants and i hardly think they would 'choose' to be victims just prefer not to listen to a rambler, in danger of becoming one myself.

See ya.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:47:45 PM

After very public acknowledgement depicted profusely here in BTCT of the BTER willful participation in the scam that  BitPay was, along with Bobsurplus and David Zimbeck, anyone using BTER at all cannot be surprised if scammed, so not sorry at all for those who choose to be victims.

Aren't you a Paycoin apologist though? Why go from a scam hater to defending one of the largest scams in crypto history?

Because he finally broke a deal and got paid.

████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

"cold wallet"

So either they don't know what this phrase means, or someone physically took their keys from their office or where ever they kept them.

Or Lin the guy who was one of the main culprits in the Bitbay scam with Bob Surplus et al decided that it was time to close up shop and move on with ~7k BTC.
sofu
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:22:05 PM

Or Lin the guy who was one of the main culprits in the Bitbay scam with Bob Surplus et al decided that it was time to close up shop and move on with ~7k BTC.

Thats exactly what I think  Cool

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:29:08 PM

It's still up like 1.5x - 2x from when I bought it.  Cheesy  and that's despite BTC and almost every alternate going down the drain too.

lol 1.5x, reddcoin is a shit spammy scam coin, you're desperately trying to save your scamcoin bag which you are stuck with loser. nobody wants this shitcoin to be 'tipped' with lol gtfo.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:31:43 PM

Gah i withdrew some PTS from there 12 hours ago and it was stuck processing, shoulda known somehting was up. que flushing sound...

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:48:49 PM

Will BTER activate trades? Expect a 7000 BTC pump of altcoins...
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:57:28 PM

message from BTER on weibo autotranslated:

Initial inspection determined that February 14, 2015, hackers use our wallet filled hot from cold moments for the purse, the bit with all BTC in the trading platform cooling wallet stolen, amounting to 7170BTC, transfer records: https://blockchain.info/TX/f5b0363f03e1ed8bb812c135361ea93590c831ce9f13a3750be1b93575baccc6[2]
We have already made a report on the morning of February 15, 2015 to the local police station and be entertained. We will cooperate with the police investigation to recover stolen coins. Meanwhile, we are here to recover stolen 7170 reward 720BTC coins. In order to ensure the safety of other funds, we have taken technical measures to stop trading and close all virtual currency online wallet, to make further checks. At the same time, we plan to arrange for CNY and extracting other virtual currency, which can reduce worry. We apologize for the damage caused to the user, as of now, bit has been running for almost two years now. With everyone together through the ups and downs of the bitcoin. Accompany you to look at a variety of rise of the currency's decline. Please be assured that we will not run away, we will take responsibility for users to recover the stolen coins."

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:07:23 PM

This was a long time coming, no surprice at all.
Cold wallet compromist, yeh right.
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:07:49 PM

Wow absolutely amazing to see that you still shouldn't store coins on an exchange if you actually care about them!

Funny how the times change!
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:43:39 PM

Wow absolutely amazing to see that you still shouldn't store coins on an exchange if you actually care about them!

Maybe people will take that as a lesson in future and improve in their decisions.

ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:00:37 PM

Maybe people will take that as a lesson in future and improve in their decisions.

They won't, there have been plenty of exchanges before this incident where the exact same thing has happened.

As soon as a viable decentralized exchange presents itself I assume that most of these exchanges (besides ones that actually integrate with your bank account) will disappear rapidly.
Hollowman338 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:54:51 PM

Prediction:  Everything will be dumped.  You will never see a functioning BTER.com again.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 12:11:03 AM

yeah that's strange that it happens right when the btc was peaking...

lets make some speculation:

Say you have some other wallets aside the cold one belonging to the customers and want to make some profit fast:
* announce that you have been stolen your cold wallet
* close the site
* dump the btc from the other account
* in the mean time because of the announcement, btc goes down
* rebuy all the btc you just dumped at lower value
* found (or not actually  Grin) the lost btc
* reopen (or not) and enjoy the profit

definitely an inside job...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 01:00:10 AM

Say you have some other wallets aside the cold one belonging to the customers and want to make some profit fast:
* close the site

probably just what has happened. not a coincidence bitcoin started to be dumped just when Bter went offline. 40+$ dump because bter got hacked and shut down?? ridiculous! it's all manipulation, doesn't make any sense unless you believe it was all done on purpose, as inside job.
dsly

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:18:37 AM

* close the site

I think they won't comment on the matter just because they know, that we know, that the coins disappearing from the cold storage is very unlikely a hack but rather an inside job.

jcrubino

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:43:02 AM

International exchanges need to all begin Smart Contract based brokerage interactions.

1)  The first iteration should be open transactions based.

2)  Blockchain solutions can be adapted in time when they are at mature levels for integration.

A smart contract based brokerage system will be essential for any international exchange that wants to be trusted by users overseas.

Current and future cryptocoin exchanges need to migrate to a hybrid centralized / decentralized system supporting real time trading with smart contract account reconciliation.

Realtime decentralized exchanges are far away and the usability for functioning distributed exchanges is still far off from what main stream users want to deal with on a UX level.

While crypto finance is generally anti-[Wall street, Banking] there is a lot to learn from the current landscape and mechanics of the main stream system because they (Wall street, International Banks) too are evolutionary driven towards a faster more efficient financial system.  Accountability may very.

Basically by starting an Open Transactions trade services, exchanges will be able to create accountable real time trading similar to how trade clearinghouses and prime brokerages function in the mainstream financial industries with trust-less guarantees.
KimNam

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:25:18 PM

BTER posted that it will be back for withdrawls. It is now back up. So best to withdraw coins now. Can't believe site being hacked twice in 6 months.
yeah that's the best and safest way to save coins
i'm sure bter will loose many traders after this problem
many users afraid this accident happen again in the future
havecoch

Activity: 173

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:40:51 PM

Did they say anything about how they got their cold wallet hacked ?

KimNam

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:59:59 PM

there's no official statement from them until now
it seems they avoid talk about that
idk about announcement in chinese language
dsly

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:42:19 PM

Well, they can't post that they needed the money for party and booze Tongue

bobc1994

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 06:22:32 AM

it would be sad to see it disappearing like mintpal.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: