Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Hypothetical Q: Could Time Travel dumping kill Bitcoin in the long run?
yes - 21 (38.2%)
no - 29 (52.7%)
maybe (explain) - 5 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Time Travel Kill Bitcoin?  (Read 4570 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:38:23 PM

In other words, if you went back into the past 5 years from right now, there probably was nothing at all in this area of space yet.

According to what frame of reference? There's not absolute position in space.

Galactic mass along with inter-galactic mass provide the frame of reference.

Why this one? Why not the solar system frame of reference? What makes one more preferable than the other?

Thank you for helping to explain why such time travel would be entirely impossible, even if it were practical.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:24:32 AM

If you could go back in time you would have so many possibilities to make money that Bitcoin would be of absolutely no interest to you.

What other opportunities have yielded as much profit as Bitcoin did between 2009 and 2013? Apple stock? Uranium futures? I don't think any of them come even remotely close to Bitcoin.

I guess Litecoin and the NXT IPO have yielded greater profits percentage-wise but they're pretty much in the same boat as Bitcoin.
dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:25:51 AM

Depends if its the future or the past.

orsotheysaid

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:09:40 AM

Its physically impossible to go to the past. If it was possible we would have been visited already by future civilization that could go back.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:28:37 AM

Its physically impossible to go to the past. If it was possible we would have been visited already by future civilization that could go back.

Something being physically possible doesn't imply that it has already happened.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 02:32:20 AM

If time travel was possible in the future, we'd know it by now.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:33:55 AM

What about non-physical time travel? I've heard stories about "remote viewing" through time with the mind and imaging of the past/future with technology.

We could have an organized group of Illuminati satanists using computer enhanced remote viewing to observe Bitcoins various future successes and take action to ensure the success of bankster scam fiat currency. Maybe even sending in especially designed anti-crypto drones to deal with the Bitcoiners.
R2D221

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:43:13 AM

What about non-physical time travel? I've heard stories about "remote viewing" through time with the mind and imaging of the past/future with technology.

We could have an organized group of Illuminati satanists using computer enhanced remote viewing to observe Bitcoins various future successes and take action to ensure the success of bankster scam fiat currency. Maybe even sending in especially designed anti-crypto drones to deal with the Bitcoiners.

Something like Minority Report?

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 02:49:44 AM

Another missed opportunity if I could travel back to time would be domain business. I would grab all the important keyword rich names and hold it.

Arnab biswas

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:53:57 AM

heee heee another funny question
....well if I can go back in time then I will mine bitcoin with a 3 th/s dragon miner ;p

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ █████████████████ ███████████████ sec◔nds trade █████████████████ ███████████████ ↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓[/ url]
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 08:07:39 AM

If I could go back in time I would go some time after the 2008 elections and write up the code for a cryptographic currency, being from the future I would not want my identity figured out and mess with the space time continuum so I would make up a name...something Japanese maybe to throw everyone off. Maybe use British words to make it even more difficult to figure out my identity.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 08:26:05 AM

I honestly doubt time travel exists.

If there was time travel there would be infinite loops in time and it would screw up time/life as we know it as everyone would want to be rich, redo history etc...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

darthcoin

Activity: 147

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 08:37:11 AM

i would introduce to the market the highly - developed cryptographic technology that is famous today and tried to compete BTC. Who knows maybe I would change the span of the cryptocurrency history Shocked
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:20:47 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2015, 12:31:22 PM by jdbtracker

Time travel is possible, they have noted it inside nuclear reactors where they get more energy then they should... energy traveled back in time. It's not to much of a leap to think that with quantum entanglement and superposition you could get an item to start transmitting info... Get a really old computer you know was connected to the internet since the beginning of the web, entangle it and there is the probability that some of those computations will go back to the position of that computer 20 years ago. 

knowing everything yet to happen on the blockchain could be useful, you'd know the exploits before they happen, use them or patch them ahead of time, but you still couldn't do much without building your own exchange, or finding more people willing to exchange their Bitcoins, you'd still have to build the entire network to gain anything. Though the idea of bringing back the future blockchain to the now, sounds pretty cool... would it confirm transactions from the future? I think it would, that limitation is not present in Bitcoin.

For a time traveller the random would stop being random, everything would have very well defined vectors, but you would still be limited by the laws of physics... there is only so much you can do to change the flow of a system before it reverts back to it's intended course. Even if Bitcoin had never of existed it would have emerged in a different way eventually, only a matter of time.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 03:54:06 PM

LOL, What?  Cheesy

R2D221

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:24:50 PM

[...] with quantum entanglement and superposition [...]

Wait just there. If you think quantum entanglement enables faster-than-light communication (and therefore, time travel), then you don't understand how quantum entanglement actually works.

Yes, quantum particles are entangled in such a way that if we measure the spin on one particle, the spin on the other will automatically be its reverse, and this happens no matter how apart they are. However, we have no way to control which spin the particles will have. They are chosen at random the moment they are measured. So, no, there's no way to send information using quantum entanglement, at least with the current knowledge we have.

This video explains it very well.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:11:24 PM

[...] with quantum entanglement and superposition [...]

Wait just there. If you think quantum entanglement enables faster-than-light communication (and therefore, time travel), then you don't understand how quantum entanglement actually works.

Yes, quantum particles are entangled in such a way that if we measure the spin on one particle, the spin on the other will automatically be its reverse, and this happens no matter how apart they are. However, we have no way to control which spin the particles will have. They are chosen at random the moment they are measured. So, no, there's no way to send information using quantum entanglement, at least with the current knowledge we have.

This video explains it very well.
Random? what is random? does pure random exists or we just not having enough power to compute whatever is needed to be computed to find the real seed of that perceived randomness, or is it totally random? aaa my mind fuck it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: