Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public message to BTER  (Read 8266 times)
Rolandvoda (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:01:27 PM

Dear BTER, this e-mail will be made a public post on Bitcointalk.org

I write out of the need of transmitting the deepest concerns towards the state of your service. We have invested many BTC through my account on BTER.COM and while i type this e-mail, we are seeing  :

We have to suspend all our services waiting for the security check. More information will be released as soon as possible. Sorry for the interruption.
我们将暂停服务,进行系统安全检查,给您造成不便请谅解...

"

We are concerned by the sudden stoppage of service and especially concerned about the safety of the coins owned by us on that are stored in the account hosted by your exchange, more specifically the following coins with their afferent numbered amounts, very close approximation

7690000 NODE    7.69 mil
610000 XCR  610K
118000000 QORA 118mil
900000 XCH  900k

40000 XTC 40k

These are large SUMS of percentages owned for the first 4 coins mentioned, the following percentages of total coins created, being:

0.76% node, 0.61% XCR, 1.18% QORA and 0.9% XCH

We have invested tens of thousands of dollars in BTC in these amounts of coins
and consider our investments a life-engaging affair, worthy of time consuming pursuit.

More specifically the fact that they are 2.0 currencies may prove very profitable in the futere, thus we are expecting long term profits in the order of millions, provable by common comparison with other similar enterprises, and thus these are the sums of the goal that we would pursuit legally concerning the affair. This letter hereby declares this.

Normally we should receive ASAP a truthful report on the state of our belongings.

We must pursue the means of reclaiming our belongings throught any available procedure.

To put it simple :
The ideal situation if a hard breach has happened would be that BTER Exchange representatives cooperate with the developers of the aformentioned coins and any others coins that may have been lost, in such a way that ALL the victimized parties reclaim what is rightfully PROPERTY.

VAT will be paid in national currency for all BTC transactions, if needed, so that our group may comply with rulings of international entities that may be enforcing arbitrary economic law, thus so that it may pursue our case thoughout any possible legal means and instutions, local or international.

If need be our group will support other victimized members of the community with the right guidance towards the solidification through unity of a community claim, thus that within the Cryptocurrency world such an injustice may not endure.

It is certain that BTER.COM posseses logs that can prove the owner of 0.00000001 of any coin on their exchange, so that any of the developers may work out a fix, for each of the coins.

I am also sure that the good willed developers will agree and that the good willed community will donate enough of respective coin which requires fix, so that each of the developers remain happy and content.

Thank you for your time,

Roland Ionescu, Romania
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:06:11 PM

It's all gone.

Everything.
Rolandvoda (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:19:18 PM

What base does your statement have ?
sava0123

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:22:55 PM

It's all gone.

Everything.

almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:27:56 PM

from twitter:

Richie ‏@richiela

PSA: $BTC wallet going offline for update starting 01:00 on February 15th. Prepping now - hoping for short downtime @BittrexExchange

4:14pm 2/14

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:28:07 PM

I write out of the need of transmitting the deepest concerns towards the state of your service. We have invested many BTC through my account on BTER.COM and while i type this e-mail, we are seeing  :

We have to suspend all our services waiting for the security check. More information will be released as soon as possible. Sorry for the interruption.

"

We are concerned by the sudden stoppage of service and especially concerned about the safety of the coins owned by us on that are stored in the account hosted by your exchange, more specifically the following coins with their afferent numbered amounts, very close approximation

7690000 NODE    7.69 mil
610000 XCR  610K
118000000 QORA 118mil
900000 XCH  900k

40000 XTC 40k

These are large SUMS of percentages owned for the first 4 coins mentioned, the following percentages of total coins created, being:

and consider our investments a life-engaging affair, worthy of time consuming pursuit.

More specifically the fact that they are 2.0 currencies may prove very profitable in the futere, thus we are expecting long term profits in the order of millions, provable by common comparison with other similar enterprises, and thus these are the sums of the goal that we would pursuit legally concerning the affair. This letter hereby declares this.

Normally we should receive ASAP a truthful report on the state of our belongings.

We must pursue the means of reclaiming our belongings throught any available procedure.

To put it simple :
The ideal situation if a hard breach has happened would be that BTER Exchange representatives cooperate with the developers of the aformentioned coins and any others coins that may have been lost, in such a way that ALL the victimized parties reclaim what is rightfully PROPERTY.

VAT will be paid in national currency for all BTC transactions, if needed, so that our group may comply with rulings of international entities that may be enforcing arbitrary economic law, thus so that it may pursue our case thoughout any possible legal means and instutions, local or international.

If need be our group will support other victimized members of the community with the right guidance towards the solidification through unity of a community claim, thus that within the Cryptocurrency world such an injustice may not endure.

It is certain that BTER.COM posseses logs that can prove the owner of 0.00000001 of any coin on their exchange, so that any of the developers may work out a fix, for each of the coins.

I am also sure that the good willed developers will agree and that the good willed community will donate enough of respective coin which requires fix, so that each of the developers remain happy and content.

Thank you for your time,

Roland Ionescu, Romania

Just out of personal curiosity Roland, were you unaware of the hundreds of posts on BTC Talk about the SCAM OF BITBAY that have been posted for months now, all of them clearly depicting the direct participation in the scam plan by BTER and its owner? It is all over Bitcoin Talk in the unmoderated thread of BitPay and in several others including many threads related to Bobsurplus, who was brought in by the BTER guy and his accomplices, including David Zimbeck, to engineer the scam.

It is simply amazing to me that, in spite of this hugely divulged affair, you would still hold ANY significant amount of money in BTER.

I hope you get to salvage some or all of it but, quite frankly, if I were you I wouldn't hold those expectations very high. Sorry.
Rolandvoda (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:32:57 PM

Altcoins SHOULD not be affected.

I offer 0.11 BTC for BTER BTC hack victims. If BTER agrees to make such a fund.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:34:06 PM

Never keep your "coins" in an exchange, this is the first rule. However we should wait news from them, I don't think they has been hacked.
sava0123

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:34:58 PM

I offer 0.11 BTC for BTER BTC hack victims. If BTER agrees to make such a fund.

You don't even know if they were hacked. Chill out.
Rolandvoda (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:36:47 PM

"

7690000 NODE    7.69 mil
610000 XCR  610K
118000000 QORA 118mil
900000 XCH  900k

40000 XTC 40k

To put it simple :

Thank you for your time,

Roland Ionescu, Romania

Just out of personal curiosity Roland, were you unaware of the hundreds of posts on BTC Talk about the SCAM OF BITBAY that have been posted for months now, all of them clearly depicting the direct participation in the scam plan by BTER and its owner? It is all over Bitcoin Talk in the unmoderated thread of BitPay and in several others including many threads related to Bobsurplus, who was brought in by the BTER guy and his accomplices, including David Zimbeck, to engineer the scam.

It is simply amazing to me that, in spite of this hugely divulged affair, you would still hold ANY significant amount of money in BTER.

I hope you get to salvage some or all of it but, quite frankly, if I were you I wouldn't hold those expectations very high. Sorry.

I do not only expect but i am certain i will receive  every last bit of it, and to prove my point :

participating in a sale of a real actual thing, even if it is revolving around promises, as was with bitbay is one thing,

but theft via moving of funds is easily proven through blockchain transaction checks.
Rolandvoda (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:38:10 PM

I have had bad experience with other exchanges and even though i held BTER.com in high regard i do not respond well to unannounced service stoppages involving most of my future investments. I hope it proves a false alarm and i get to transform my posts into sincere official appologies.
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:38:46 PM

Affected by what exactly?
What is the difference between bitcoins and altcoins in that regard?
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:39:57 PM

Hard times for BTER indeed.  
Rolandvoda (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:41:07 PM

If BTER Bitcoin wallet was hacked as it may show here :

http://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Bter.com-cold

Then altcoins should all be perfectly fine and the "community" gets to help out the victims via donations to a fund, easier done than said if we put ourselves in their spot.
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:41:18 PM

shocking to see that, i have 500k bitbay and 1.37 btc,
let us see what happen next.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:41:30 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/world/bank-hackers-steal-millions-via-malware.html

Could be worse....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:54:11 PM

Then altcoins should all be perfectly fine and the "community" gets to help out the victims via donations to a fund, easier done than said if we put ourselves in their spot.

thanks for the info.
I hope this will get sorted out and at least altcoins will become available again
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:56:25 PM

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14291.0

Poloniex is suspending trades of BTS, although as I understand this is something they've done a lot when other exchanges were acting funny.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/world/bank-hackers-steal-millions-via-malware.html?_r=2

Makes us wonder if this has anything to do with it.  Malware on the Crypto Exchanges (scare?).  Or maybe allegations that these thieves could be buying crypto?   Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:01:43 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/1M2bv6sypZSp6uAEC9U4Gzvgp6jd29F87e

BTER cold wallet has been emptied?  Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
sava0123

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:03:00 PM

It's just regular BTER shuffling. 7k divided into 1k chunks and sent to 7 wallets.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: