Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:32:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to deposit GBP to get BTC by Sunday?  (Read 4150 times)
TingCoin (OP)

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:18:09 PM

Hey,

I need some BTC by Sunday, Intersango is down and MtGox takes 1-3 BUSINESS days which would be a gamble.
How can I get fast BTC for my GBP that I will have by Sunday? Or should I just take the MtGox gamble?

EDIT: Also noticed MtGox is a Barclays bank. If I deposit the GBP from a Barclays bank, will the transfer be instant?

Cheers

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:22:07 PM

Hey,

I need some BTC by Sunday, Intersango is down and MtGox takes 1-3 BUSINESS days which would be a gamble.
How can I get fast BTC for my GBP that I will have by Sunday? Or should I just take the MtGox gamble?

EDIT: Also noticed MtGox is a Barclays bank. If I deposit the GBP from a Barclays bank, will the transfer be instant?

Cheers

Intersango doesn't appear down to me.
They state "UK/SEPA/SWIFT/Polish withdrawals will not be processed between July 26th and July 30th" - but that's not bitcoins.
You should be able to deposit GBP now and start trading in a few hours.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:05:14 PM

No mate, I've already made a deposit there and now my funds are stuck in limbo. Check their support page:
2012-07-24 18:51 BST

While we were previously under the impression that the problems we were having with Metro bank were due to a technical issue on their end (as this has happened before), we have been told that our account activity is being reviewed and that we must be patient during this process. We have faith that our contact at Metro bank will properly investigate the matter. They have indicated that they do not require information from us at this time. The resolution time we were given was around 1 week, however this is just an approximation.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused our userbase. We are doing everything we can to resolve the problem as fast as possible. In the future, we may not be able to accept payments quite as fast anymore to prevent fraud however we will work hard to decrease our resolution times for issues and make the experience of purchasing and selling bitcoins as easy for the UK as possible.

We understand that many people have called Metro bank and Metro has told them that there is no issue. This is entirely incorrect. We believe it in not intentional it is simply that their support staff assumes that if there is not an issue affecting all accounts or a huge number of accounts at the bank that there is not an issue with our account.

Need an alternative that can get my BitCoin to me on or before Sunday basically.

EDIT: Even if that means getting them off somebody on this site via a bank or Paypal transfer, I'd be down for that as long as they're a reputable person.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
thirdlight

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:09:05 PM

How much £ are you talking about?

TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:13:36 PM

Not crazy amounts, £25. Why?

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:15:43 PM

I'm in the same boat.

I've made a small deposit to MtGox. It was done via faster payments, so they will have it by now. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to process it in tomorrows batch.

If there is any quicker way to get some coins (Below £50 worth) via a GBP faster payments transfer I'd be interested.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

No mate, I've already made a deposit there and now my funds are stuck in limbo. Check their support page:
2012-07-24 18:51 BST

While we were previously under the impression that the problems we were having with Metro bank were due to a technical issue on their end (as this has happened before), we have been told that our account activity is being reviewed and that we must be patient during this process. We have faith that our contact at Metro bank will properly investigate the matter. They have indicated that they do not require information from us at this time. The resolution time we were given was around 1 week, however this is just an approximation.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused our userbase. We are doing everything we can to resolve the problem as fast as possible. In the future, we may not be able to accept payments quite as fast anymore to prevent fraud however we will work hard to decrease our resolution times for issues and make the experience of purchasing and selling bitcoins as easy for the UK as possible.

We understand that many people have called Metro bank and Metro has told them that there is no issue. This is entirely incorrect. We believe it in not intentional it is simply that their support staff assumes that if there is not an issue affecting all accounts or a huge number of accounts at the bank that there is not an issue with our account.

Need an alternative that can get my BitCoin to me on or before Sunday basically.

EDIT: Even if that means getting them off somebody on this site via a bank or Paypal transfer, I'd be down for that as long as they're a reputable person.

Didn;t notice that - their GBP deposit page doesn't indicate there may be a problem (not sure why they don't make it clear there before people go to deposit funds)
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:17:47 PM

I'm in the same boat.

I've made a small deposit to MtGox. It was done via faster payments, so they will have it by now. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to process it in tomorrows batch.

If there is any quicker way to get some coins (Below £50 worth) via a GBP faster payments transfer I'd be interested.

I don't dare to do it ya see, because if it doesn't comet through quick enough it'll just be a waste for me. So I'm after a certain way Tongue

Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:19:09 PM

I could possibly send you some coins, but it would mean losing a bit of interest.

If no one else can help you, we could talk about it.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:27:33 PM

I could possibly send you some coins, but it would mean losing a bit of interest.

If you would be willing - That would be great! I only need around 4 BTC and would definitely be alright with paying you some interest for your time. Have you got any feedback from any previous transactions on here I can have a look at by any chance?

thirdlight

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:01:17 PM

I've currently got 8 BTC that I would sell for transfer to an HSBC account. Also happy to buy small quantities of BTC while Intersango is between banks. I'm not trying to build a business, just to help a few people out.

Why trust me? The only thing I can offer is that I was the first person to buy an FPGA entirely with BTC (one of the first 4 X5000's).

CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:50:07 PM

VirWoX does GBP to SLL and SLL to BTC. You're looking at roughly 4-5% total fees if you've never traded with them, though.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:54:28 PM

VirWoX does GBP to SLL and SLL to BTC. You're looking at roughly 4-5% total fees if you've never traded with them, though.

Suppose I was to sign up to Second Life just to obtain SSL, is the purchase of SSL instant? And how instant would VirWoX be to turn my SSL in to BTC's? Considering this, if not might take a gamble and PM one of the posters in this thread Tongue

Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 07:09:25 PM

If you would be willing - That would be great! I only need around 4 BTC and would definitely be alright with paying you some interest for your time. Have you got any feedback from any previous transactions on here I can have a look at by any chance?
I have completed a number of loans on here, you can see them in my post history.

You seem to have a couple of offers; if you don't go through with them let me know.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 07:45:53 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2012, 05:32:54 AM by Stephen Gornick

Bitcoin Nordic accepts cash-by-mail (GBPs) for the purchase of bitcoins.  The are in Denmark:
 - http://www.BitcoinNordic.com

Those in the UK don't have the benefit of a cash-deposit method like those in the U.S., Canada, India, Australia, Brazil, and Russia do:
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87843.msg1039728#msg1039728
[Update: You can deposit cash into Mt. Gox's account at any Barclays:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mtgox#UK_.28GBP.29 ]

But in the UK you can purchase UKash vouchers.  Those can then be redeemed through a CashU account and used to purchase bitcoins from Bitcoin Nordic:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/CashU
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/UKash

You might also want to place a buy order on the #bitcoin-otc marketplace:
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php
 - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-otc-foyer
 - http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php  - The #bitcoin-otc marketplace Web of Trust (WoT)

Also, you might see if there are any sellers in your area listed with LocalBitcoins:
 - http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

There is a local trader that will sell bitcoins in amounts of at least 10 BTC for cash, in-person:
 - http://londonbitcoinexchange.wordpress.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 07:57:38 PM

Suppose I was to sign up to Second Life just to obtain SSL, is the purchase of SSL instant? And how instant would VirWoX be to turn my SSL in to BTC's? Considering this, if not might take a gamble and PM one of the posters in this thread Tongue

I've only deposited into SLL by credit card, but it is instantly. Basically VirWoX works like any exchange in that it matches you up with another order. If I did my math correctly, it currently takes 5.35GPB on VirWoX to obtain a BTC before fees.

An advantage to buying with SLL client and then into VirWoX, though, is you can deposit by credit card for only a 50 cent fee, and then the percentage it takes to convert SLL to BTC.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:09:56 PM

Thanks for all the help guys! Smiley Seems like a great community here.

I've only deposited into SLL by credit card, but it is instantly. Basically VirWoX works like any exchange in that it matches you up with another order. If I did my math correctly, it currently takes 5.35GPB on VirWoX to obtain a BTC before fees.

An advantage to buying with SLL client and then into VirWoX, though, is you can deposit by credit card for only a 50 cent fee, and then the percentage it takes to convert SLL to BTC.

VirWoX seems a bit complicated to me, haha. From looking at the trade tables on that site, my feeble mind can't see what the trade rate of SLL per BTC is.

I've sent Scott a PM. - Saves me learning the ropes of a new exchange site, the sooner I get the coins the better Smiley

EDIT: On second look it doesn't seem too bad... - I'm considering using VirWoX now. Really I should probably wait untill I'm more "known" around here before trading with any members. Feel like I'm asking for it Tongue

Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:30:36 PM

PM sent.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:37:52 PM

I've already sent the funds through VirWoX mate, didn't intend to waste your time.

I'm now having another dilemma though... VirWoX doesn't allow you to trade in decimal. So I've got 3 BTC, and I'm 400 SLL short of buying that last coin - With no funds in my bank untill my next payday.

Now I'm after a loan of either a little bit of SLL or a Bitcoin, lol. If not I'll figure something out.

Thinking I should of gone through you now Scott, you seem genuine.

AAARRGH! lol

Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:46:51 PM

How did you get your money into VirWoX so quick?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: