Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to deposit GBP to get BTC by Sunday?  (Read 4150 times)
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:06:38 PM

How did you get your money into VirWoX so quick?

Credit Card through SLL client is instant, and then you deposit SLL into VirWoX instantly as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:09:38 PM

Now I see why there's so much BTC <-> SLL  trade.
CecilNiosaki

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:17:19 PM

Now I see why there's so much BTC <-> SLL  trade.

Yeah. I think that, even if it wasn't instant, being able to buy through credit card for only a 50 cent fee is a deal.
TingCoin (OP)

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:05:48 AM

All sorted, now I'm just waiting for them to pay in to my Bitcoin wallet which shouldn't take long at all. I paid through Paypal, and it was literally instant. When I bought Linden dollars (Second Life currency) it was instant, as was my transfer from SLL to BTC. It does however take 1-2 business days to withdraw my BTC, which hopefully should be fine Smiley.

The only problem with that exchange is the fact that you can't pay in decimal (as in, pay £5, 6, 7 GBP for your SLL, then when you buy BTC with SLL, 1, 2, 3 etc). I managed to get the extra couple pounds for the extra 400 SLL, so I've got my fourth bitcoin.

VirWoX is actually quite a great, fairly instant exchange site. The only thing I'm waiting for now is for them to pay my Bitcoin to my wallet.

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions, help, and even offers to trade with a noob.

Brilliant community here it seems. Smiley

Cheers everyone!
Peace and love

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
CecilNiosaki

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:09:05 AM

All sorted, now I'm just waiting for them to pay in to my Bitcoin wallet which shouldn't take long at all. I paid through Paypal, and it was literally instant. When I bought Linden dollars (Second Life currency) it was instant, as was my transfer from SLL to BTC. It does however take 1-2 business days to withdraw my BTC, which hopefully should be fine Smiley.

The only problem with that exchange is the fact that you can't pay in decimal (as in, pay £5, 6, 7 GBP for your SLL, then when you buy BTC with SLL, 1, 2, 3 etc). I managed to get the extra couple pounds for the extra 400 SLL, so I've got my fourth bitcoin.

VirWoX is actually quite a great, fairly instant exchange site. The only thing I'm waiting for now is for them to pay my Bitcoin to my wallet.

Guys, thanks for all the suggestions, help, and even offers to trade with a noob.

Cheers everyone!
Peace and love

Glad to help, and my apologies for forgetting about the no decimals. I use SLL quite regularly, so that doesn't affect me usually. They're based in Germany, so the majority of their withdraws for BTC seem to be processed from around 4AMCST to 3PM CST, in my experience. The longest I had to wait for a withdraw was 12 hours, and that was an order placed at 8PM CST. Smiley Their customer service is also pretty top-notch. I have yet to wait more than a day for a response when I need one.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:35:15 AM

Cheers everyone!
Peace and love

Glad to help, and my apologies for forgetting about the no decimals. I use SLL quite regularly, so that doesn't affect me usually. They're based in Germany, so the majority of their withdraws for BTC seem to be processed from around 4AMCST to 3PM CST, in my experience. The longest I had to wait for a withdraw was 12 hours, and that was an order placed at 8PM CST. Smiley Their customer service is also pretty top-notch. I have yet to wait more than a day for a response when I need one.
Sounds like a great exchange site! Thanks for the recommendation mate, really appreciate it Smiley

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 10:05:25 PM

Well it's been about 24 hours, my BitCoin withdrawal still hasn't been processed. Bit worried they won't come through on time to be honest.

This is what they say about withdrawals:
What is the "manual step" required to process some withdrawals, and how long does it take?

Withdrawals to bank accounts are usually processed on the morning of the next business day. While most withdrawals to PayPal, NETELLER, Moneybookers, and Bitcoin accounts are processed instantly, we manually check some of them for security reasons. They will be processed within 48 hours. In any case, you will receive an email confirmation when the withdrawal has been processed.

Has anyone had withdrawals processed by VirWoX on Saturdays? The fact that you've never had a payment take longer than 12 hours to process, CecilNiosaki, and mine has already been around 24 hours worries me a little.

Damn I hope it comes through on time, lol. I hope they don't hold the funds for a month or something because they think I want to reject the PayPal payment. Then again surely they'd state that if they worked that way.

I feel like talking to customer support and explaining my situation - But I'd feel like I was pestering as I haven't waited the 48 hours and as a new member paying through PayPal (reversable method of payment) they might think I'm trying to blag them. So I'd probably be best not to?

What does the BTC-Talk community reckon I should do? Tongue

CecilNiosaki

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:00:20 AM

Well it's been about 24 hours, my BitCoin withdrawal still hasn't been processed. Bit worried they won't come through on time to be honest.

What is the "manual step" required to process some withdrawals, and how long does it take?

Withdrawals to bank accounts are usually processed on the morning of the next business day. While most withdrawals to PayPal, NETELLER, Moneybookers, and Bitcoin accounts are processed instantly, we manually check some of them for security reasons. They will be processed within 48 hours. In any case, you will receive an email confirmation when the withdrawal has been processed.

Has anyone had withdrawals processed by VirWoX on Saturdays? The fact that you've never had a payment take longer than 12 hours to process, CecilNiosaki, and mine has already been around 24 hours worries me a little.

Damn I hope it comes through on time, lol. I hope they don't hold the funds for a month or something because they think I want to reject the PayPal payment. Then again surely they'd state that if they worked that way.

I feel like talking to customer support and explaining my situation - But I'd feel like I was pestering as I haven't waited the 48 hours and as a new member paying through PayPal (reversable method of payment) they might think I'm trying to blag them. So I'd probably be best not to?

I'd assume, if you're new to SL, and then are also a new customer of theirs, they may wait a full 48 hours to wait for the Linden Lab risk API to give you a full okay (I'm not quite sure how that API works.) Otherwise, you can always contact their manager, and not support, and that seems to receive a good response if you're in a hurry.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:28:20 PM

I'd assume, if you're new to SL, and then are also a new customer of theirs, they may wait a full 48 hours to wait for the Linden Lab risk API to give you a full okay (I'm not quite sure how that API works.) Otherwise, you can always contact their manager, and not support, and that seems to receive a good response if you're in a hurry.
Believe it or not I'm actually not new to SL - I've had an account there for a few years now (friend of mine used to study graphics design and she used to design clothes on there as sort of a hobby), I don't actively log in these days though. But yeah the account is a few years old.

I've sent an email to their Support address on the Contact Us page just now, how would I go about contacting the manager? Can't see any information on the site for him apart from his real name. Does he hang out on SL?

Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:49:21 PM

FYI, I just bought some coins on MtGox - I sent the transfer Wednesday evening and it showed early this morning.

Annoyingly, they asked for account verification when I tried to withdraw the BTC. I've uploaded the documents, now it's just a waiting game.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 04:14:57 PM

FYI, I just bought some coins on MtGox - I sent the transfer Wednesday evening and it showed early this morning.

Annoyingly, they asked for account verification when I tried to withdraw the BTC. I've uploaded the documents, now it's just a waiting game.

It was large BTC quantity? If you don't mind answering

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:40:43 PM

No, it was only a small amount, so I thought I would be fine.

Without thinking I had my VPN running (as I do 99% of the time anyway), so this may be why?

If anyone has insight into how long verification can take I would be interested to hear.

TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:42:56 PM

Heh, account verification to withdraw GBP would be fair enough. But for BTC? That's riduculous... It's not even a real currency technically, about as real as WoW gold.

I'll never be using MtGox, then!

Without thinking I had my VPN running (as I do 99% of the time anyway), so this may be why?

If anyone has insight into how long verification can take I would be interested to hear.

And yeah, I have heared that if you're using a particular VPN, they will ask for ID regardless.
I think we all know why.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 04:55:57 PM

Heh, account verification to withdraw GBP would be fair enough. But for BTC? That's riduculous... It's not even a real currency technically, about as real as WoW gold.

You call verification for BTC transactions as "riduculous" and then...

And yeah, I have heared that if you're using a particular VPN, they will ask for ID regardless.
I think we all know why.

...accept it as a fact. Where you heard that? What particular VPN? Please explain you post or get used to being ignored, http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5

The verification process can take as long as two weeks, it depends on your luck Smiley

You got some kind of warning for using a VPN? Sorry to bother with my questions, but I find the issue intriguing.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:07:02 PM

I think we all know why.

...accept it as a fact. Where you heard that? What particular VPN? Please explain you post or get used to being ignored, http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
If you log in to your MtGox account using Tor, they demand ID immediately because they assume you're using the Bitcoin to make illicit purchases.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 05:08:47 PM

I think we all know why.

If you log in to your MtGox account using Tor, they demand ID immediately because they assume you're using the Bitcoin to make illicit purchases.

Ok, I knew that "rumor", but we're not talking about tor here

Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:41:38 PM

I think we all know why.

The verification process can take as long as two weeks, it depends on your luck Smiley

You got some kind of warning for using a VPN? Sorry to bother with my questions, but I find the issue intriguing.
No warning, I am just assuming this could be the cause. I can't see any other reason.

I have asked them for some explanation.
TingCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:11:32 PM

VirWoX replied to my email to Support (sent at 5:21pm) at 7:11pm, less than 2 hours! - And have processed my BitCoin.
Awesome support, they've replaced Intersango for me Smiley.

Thanks for all the help in the thread everyone!

Gaff

Merit: 502

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 05:23:47 PM

FWIW My payments band to bank transfers into MtGox always appear at about 2am the day I make them, though I think I did it once in the evening and it took until 2am the next day.
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 06:09:54 PM

If anyone needs GBP to BTC, pm me - i'll take UK Bank xfers, at intersango rate + 10%VIG.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: