Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to deposit GBP to get BTC by Sunday?  (Read 4150 times)
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:57:09 AM

Heh, account verification to withdraw GBP would be fair enough. But for BTC? That's riduculous... It's not even a real currency technically, about as real as WoW gold.

You call verification for BTC transactions as "riduculous" and then...

And yeah, I have heared that if you're using a particular VPN, they will ask for ID regardless.
I think we all know why.

...accept it as a fact. Where you heard that? What particular VPN? Please explain you post or get used to being ignored, http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5

FYI, I just bought some coins on MtGox - I sent the transfer Wednesday evening and it showed early this morning.

Annoyingly, they asked for account verification when I tried to withdraw the BTC. I've uploaded the documents, now it's just a waiting game.
It was large BTC quantity? If you don't mind answering
No, it was only a small amount, so I thought I would be fine.

Without thinking I had my VPN running (as I do 99% of the time anyway), so this may be why?

If anyone has insight into how long verification can take I would be interested to hear.

The verification process can take as long as two weeks, it depends on your luck Smiley

You got some kind of warning for using a VPN? Sorry to bother with my questions, but I find the issue intriguing.
Just as an update, I received an e-mail today confirming I was verified. I have now withdrawn my BTC and feel confident to use them over Intersango for now.

I have asked them for more details on the possible VPN issue, but I'm still waiting to hear back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xdjx

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:15:17 PM

I spoke with support at MtGox regarding UK transfers a while back, since faster payments show up instantly I was wondering why I didn't get credited for 2 days. I was told that as they are based in Japan it takes longer for the payment to show in there account...?

For really fast trades there are a few guys on here and OTC that do UK Bank > Bank transfers, did my first trade this way on here today and from first pm to coins in wallet it took maybe 3hrs so that's always an option if you need the coin fast.
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:29:56 PM

I spoke with support at MtGox regarding UK transfers a while back, since faster payments show up instantly I was wondering why I didn't get credited for 2 days. I was told that as they are based in Japan it takes longer for the payment to show in there account...?
I don't think that's quite true as the account we send the Faster Payment to is UK based.

For really fast trades there are a few guys on here and OTC that do UK Bank > Bank transfers, did my first trade this way on here today and from first pm to coins in wallet it took maybe 3hrs so that's always an option if you need the coin fast.
Thanks for the tip  Smiley
xdjx

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:44:47 PM

I don't think that's quite true as the account we send the Faster Payment to is UK based.

Yeah didn't make much sense to me either since my transfers to my partners account (Barclays > Barclays) show up within seconds, just dug up the reply I got from support.

Mt.Gox Support, Dec-20 10:04 (JST):

Hello,

Usually it takes another business day for the information to be released to us from Barclays (as we are in Japan and we are in a different time zone). However, we will notify you once your account is credited. Thank you for your patience in the process.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Was using Intersango until recently since they had a much faster turnaround 2-10hrs usually, but after the recent problems and having my funds still tied up in there 10 days after a transfer I think im going to stick to trading on here.
Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:49:02 PM

Yeah didn't make much sense to me either since my transfers to my partners account (Barclays > Barclays) show up within seconds, just dug up the reply I got from support.

Mt.Gox Support, Dec-20 10:04 (JST):

Hello,

Usually it takes another business day for the information to be released to us from Barclays (as we are in Japan and we are in a different time zone). However, we will notify you once your account is credited. Thank you for your patience in the process.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Was using Intersango until recently since they had a much faster turnaround 2-10hrs usually, but after the recent problems and having my funds still tied up in there 10 days after a transfer I think im going to stick to trading on here.
Cheers for digging that out.

I guess while the money is credited instantly, they get sent the list of transactions in daily batches in order to apply them to MtGox. Due to time zones this can take slightly longer than expected.
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:00:38 PM

For those looking for GBP Bank Xfer to BTC:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96606.0

Scott J
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:06:11 AM

Heh, account verification to withdraw GBP would be fair enough. But for BTC? That's riduculous... It's not even a real currency technically, about as real as WoW gold.

You call verification for BTC transactions as "riduculous" and then...

And yeah, I have heared that if you're using a particular VPN, they will ask for ID regardless.
I think we all know why.

...accept it as a fact. Where you heard that? What particular VPN? Please explain you post or get used to being ignored, http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5

FYI, I just bought some coins on MtGox - I sent the transfer Wednesday evening and it showed early this morning.

Annoyingly, they asked for account verification when I tried to withdraw the BTC. I've uploaded the documents, now it's just a waiting game.
It was large BTC quantity? If you don't mind answering
No, it was only a small amount, so I thought I would be fine.

Without thinking I had my VPN running (as I do 99% of the time anyway), so this may be why?

If anyone has insight into how long verification can take I would be interested to hear.

The verification process can take as long as two weeks, it depends on your luck Smiley

You got some kind of warning for using a VPN? Sorry to bother with my questions, but I find the issue intriguing.
Just as an update, I received an e-mail today confirming I was verified. I have now withdrawn my BTC and feel confident to use them over Intersango for now.

I have asked them for more details on the possible VPN issue, but I'm still waiting to hear back.
Final update!

The reason verification was needed was due to my VPN.

IP address XXXXXXX is using more than one account and we need verify the account to ensure that you use only one account.

So if you don't want to provide docs, don't use a shared IP.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: