Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:36:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New here on bitcointalk  (Read 2664 times)
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:34:41 PM

Hello and welcome!

You might have discovered bitcoins late to be rich but nah, it isn't the deal here. To be able to get some knowledge on the basics of bitcoin, go here: http://bitcoin.org/

-Do not trust no one but yourself. Bitcoin has value, which makes it a hot target among criminals.

-Mining? Don't. It is not profitable for small-time newbie. If you want to experience mining, try using some cloud mining service. Put a little amount in your account and never expect for a bountiful return.

-Altcoins are nice, but most of them end up being a scam. Spend some time learning, then if you are familiar with how the system works, try getting into the altcoin trading business. The risk is high, but if done correctly, you'll end up having a nice profit.

Hope I helped you in someway. Again, welcome. Ciao! Wink
this is kinda false , if 1% of the worlds economy starts using bitcoin 1 bitcoin will be about 200K usd
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 03:18:20 PM

Hello and welcome!

You might have discovered bitcoins late to be rich but nah, it isn't the deal here. To be able to get some knowledge on the basics of bitcoin, go here: http://bitcoin.org/

-Do not trust no one but yourself. Bitcoin has value, which makes it a hot target among criminals.

-Mining? Don't. It is not profitable for small-time newbie. If you want to experience mining, try using some cloud mining service. Put a little amount in your account and never expect for a bountiful return.

-Altcoins are nice, but most of them end up being a scam. Spend some time learning, then if you are familiar with how the system works, try getting into the altcoin trading business. The risk is high, but if done correctly, you'll end up having a nice profit.

Hope I helped you in someway. Again, welcome. Ciao! Wink
this is kinda false , if 1% of the worlds economy starts using bitcoin 1 bitcoin will be about 200K usd

I dount it would then stop @ 1% only, when u gather so much momentum, you tend to go further, but if you're dreamng about that precentage of the market and 200k per bitcoin, you need to know that ull
need to wait atleast 15 years or so, if not longer. There is no chance in maintaining so high prices until bitcoin reward gets under 0,1 bitcoin per block (~14 bitcoins) per day.

cheers
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 03:25:00 PM

hello

i read a lot about bitcoin and decided to look into this,i just joined bitcointalk community, and wish that i will get help from senior members about everything that i need about, off-course related to bitcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0
https://bitcoin.it/
I started with these link hope it can help you
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:36:44 PM

Go on Youtube and type "introduction to bitcoin". Its easier to learn than reading.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:11:49 PM

why from senior member only? you don't want help from hero and full member
Trader Galactic LLC

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:50:49 PM

That's exactly what I was trying to say.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 2207

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 09:52:38 PM

I'm going to be the "annoying" mod, but I would like to advise you to read the "Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ"-thread. It contains a lot of information that is quite useful on this forum.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
hellocandyass

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 10:22:58 PM

Hey, Welcome to the forum!
I'm new as well, add me if you want to talk.
Trying to meet a good group of friends.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 02:51:26 AM

Hey, Welcome to the forum!
I'm new as well, add me if you want to talk.
Trying to meet a good group of friends.

Well... i dont suppose you can add anyone. This is not like facebook  Grin. You can of course use PM to discuss stuff back and forth. Saves you the hassle of having all your posts scrutinized by the trolls around.  Cheesy

Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 03:03:25 AM

Welcome!

You can start by browsing to this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7269.0

Quite informative that one.

You would also do well to take note of the following:

1) Avoid cloud mining like the plague, the hassle is just too much and earnings are too little. Newbies tend to try and get into bitcoin through mining, which is not the right way imo. Prices are low atm, so take advantage of that and buy in. Try localbitcoins.com to buy some.

2) Alt coins may seem to be a very profitable venture especially the new ones.. you could get drawn into buying alts due to the hype surrounding it. Try and look at the fundamentals and avoid the hype as much as you can. If i were you, i would steer clear of alts to begin with.

3) There are quite a few ways to earn bitcoin on this forum. You can apply for signature campaigns (though you may need to build up your rank to be eligible). This thread details the signature campaigns available:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

4) Do not trust anyone blindly on here, ask for escrow if you are going to do any deal with anyone on here. Higher rank does not mean that the user is trusted. Read the trust history of the person concerned and then take a call. If you feel something is not right, steer away from the deal.

5) Do not ask for loans as a newbie, if you do you will get negative repped and that will affect your future on this forum.

My 2 satoshi!  Grin

If only i would have had the sense to write that small thread when i joined, i may have had someone helpful like you and i would have saved myself a few btc not making the mistakes you list lol

Very helpful advice for a beginner micky niceone, nothing i can add as i am not senior but i would say if something seems to good to be true then it usually is so follow number 4 like you're investment counts on it.

Welcome to the forum and have fun

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 04:54:10 AM

Welcome!

You can start by browsing to this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7269.0

Quite informative that one.

You would also do well to take note of the following:

1) Avoid cloud mining like the plague, the hassle is just too much and earnings are too little. Newbies tend to try and get into bitcoin through mining, which is not the right way imo. Prices are low atm, so take advantage of that and buy in. Try localbitcoins.com to buy some.

2) Alt coins may seem to be a very profitable venture especially the new ones.. you could get drawn into buying alts due to the hype surrounding it. Try and look at the fundamentals and avoid the hype as much as you can. If i were you, i would steer clear of alts to begin with.

3) There are quite a few ways to earn bitcoin on this forum. You can apply for signature campaigns (though you may need to build up your rank to be eligible). This thread details the signature campaigns available:

4) Do not trust anyone blindly on here, ask for escrow if you are going to do any deal with anyone on here. Higher rank does not mean that the user is trusted. Read the trust history of the person concerned and then take a call. If you feel something is not right, steer away from the deal.

5) Do not ask for loans as a newbie, if you do you will get negative repped and that will affect your future on this forum.

My 2 satoshi!  Grin

If only i would have had the sense to write that small thread when i joined, i may have had someone helpful like you and i would have saved myself a few btc not making the mistakes you list lol

Very helpful advice for a beginner micky niceone, nothing i can add as i am not senior but i would say if something seems to good to be true then it usually is so follow number 4 like you're investment counts on it.

Welcome to the forum and have fun

Thank you for your post. It made my day. It is the duty of every member of this forum, irrespective of rank, to help the newbies that happen along and help them avoid the pitfalls that you yourself would have experienced due to your lack of knowledge when you came into bitcoin. There are a lot of scammers and cheats on these forums, but an equal number of good and helpful people (scammers usually use multiple accounts). If we want mass adoption, we need to make every newbie feel comfortable and show them that what they are getting into is something as great as the internet was in the 90's. Keeping scammers and cheats at bay is essential because if they experience a scam on their first deal, they are as good as lost sheep and will avoid bitcoin like the plague. Sad

Trader Galactic LLC

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:02:12 AM

Any group of traders in the San Fran area?  Looking to put together a solid group of pro crypto traders. 

Honest legit investors only.  You need at least 50 Bitcoins of your own to start with. 

micky123
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:27:44 AM

Any group of traders in the San Fran area?  Looking to put together a solid group of pro crypto traders. 

Honest legit investors only.  You need at least 50 Bitcoins of your own to start with. 

You might be better off starting a new thread for this altogether. Unless you are targeting only newbies, this is not the right place to look for investors.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:38:49 PM

read bitcoin faq

and trust no one

only 2 things you need here

How can you trust no one?   Isn't this where people come for information?  This is terrible news.
Thats just common sense, like what your mother would say to you as a kid lol.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:31:49 PM

That's exactly what I was trying to say.
And what about Legendary? Cheesy
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:10:54 PM

<-- New member here as well.  New to the forum, new to BTC, and new to anything involving the command line.  Lots to learn!  Better to get in sooner than later, wish I started this learning process a couple years ago.  Cool
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:19:06 AM

<-- New member here as well.  New to the forum, new to BTC, and new to anything involving the command line.  Lots to learn!  Better to get in sooner than later, wish I started this learning process a couple years ago.  Cool

Haha, Welcome!

We all wish that we started this learning process 2-3 years ago, or better still, around the time when that dominos pizza sold for 10000 btc. Welcome aboard and don't forget to read the sticky thread i linked to in an earlier post. Also try as much as you can to follow the points i mentioned. You can even PM me for any information. I do not profess to being a bitcoin sensei but i can help with most newbie queries Smiley.

Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:25:34 AM

can anyone can explain me what is a campain means and how to join them?
micky123
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:40:50 AM

I assume you are talking about a signature campaign. If that is the case, you see my signature at the bottom (bitdice.me). Clicking that link will take you to the website that i am advertising. Business owners pay people on this forum to advertise for them in their signature. The payouts get better as you grow in rank. Most business owners do not like negative trust account holders as it affects their brand / site negatively, so stay clear of negative feedback (by not asking for loans as a newbie or trying to scam people). AFAIK, there is no campaign available for newbies but you never know, so please check this thread to see if there is any option available:

If you need to understand how ranks work, you may want to check this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0

This thread explains activity:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.msg2513302#msg2513302

Welcome and Good Luck!

Piphone

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:19:23 AM

I assume you are talking about a signature campaign. If that is the case, you see my signature at the bottom (bitdice.me). Clicking that link will take you to the website that i am advertising. Business owners pay people on this forum to advertise for them in their signature. The payouts get better as you grow in rank. Most business owners do not like negative trust account holders as it affects their brand / site negatively, so stay clear of negative feedback (by not asking for loans as a newbie or trying to scam people). AFAIK, there is no campaign available for newbies but you never know, so please check this thread to see if there is any option available:

If you need to understand how ranks work, you may want to check this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0

This thread explains activity:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237597.msg2513302#msg2513302

Welcome and Good Luck!

thanks for this link sir
reading it now
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: