Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:27:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Looking for Mining ASICs in Canada (Antminer S3,S2,etc)  (Read 2056 times)
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:11:33 PM

Let me know if you are looking to sell any mining equipment. I am located in Alberta and since the mining hardware is heavy I would much rather only buy from Canada.

I am looking for any equipment as long as the ROI is no longer then 2 months based on current conditions AND assuming free electricty.

Escrow is a MUST unless you have excellent feedback on BTCTalk.

Either post in here or PM me and let me know what you have.

Please no scammers.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 05:39:09 PM

I have two HEX4Ms (800GH worth), but they don't have heatsinks installed. Efficiency is about 1W/GH.

Give me a shout if you're interested, I'm located in Ontario so shipping shouldn't be prohibitive.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:10:34 PM

I have two HEX4Ms (800GH worth), but they don't have heatsinks installed. Efficiency is about 1W/GH.

Give me a shout if you're interested, I'm located in Ontario so shipping shouldn't be prohibitive.

The efficiency isn't an issue but what would I do to cool the board? Can you buy the heatsinks or use some CPU coolers?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:14:29 PM

Two months is an awfully short time to expect to ROI with mining equipment. If you could go up some then I would have a single S3 to sell you. Otherwise it is still profitable for me to continue using (pics and proof of mining can be provided upon receipt of serious interest)
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:24:04 PM

Two months is an awfully short time to expect to ROI with mining equipment. If you could go up some then I would have a single S3 to sell you. Otherwise it is still profitable for me to continue using (pics and proof of mining can be provided upon receipt of serious interest)

How much do you want for the S3?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:28:20 PM

I checked bitmain yesterday and did not see them still selling them. However US$100 plus you provide a shipping label would put you at a roughly 3 month ROI with free electricity under current conditions and the price of Bitcoin is low now
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:53:22 PM

is volume a concern?

I can supply you with SP31 units that are currently hosted in montreal, $2400 CAD+shipping (cheaper if you want more than one). but anything over 75% PSU load they are loud for home use. (at about 60% load they are similar to an SP20 at 20-25% fan speed)

I can probably even sell the colocation slot to you (you buy the miner and take over the colocation (its about $100/kw/month + tax)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 09:27:48 PM

The efficiency isn't an issue but what would I do to cool the board? Can you buy the heatsinks or use some CPU coolers?

Yes, you can mount stock intel coolers on it if you'd like, kea808 has a few pics of what he did. If the cooler is too weak, though, you might have to downclock in order to keep temps down.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:01:31 AM

I can ship you s3+ have a bunch.
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:48:37 AM

I checked bitmain yesterday and did not see them still selling them. However US$100 plus you provide a shipping label would put you at a roughly 3 month ROI with free electricity under current conditions and the price of Bitcoin is low now

I didn't know you were located in the USA. We have a bad exchange rate with the US dollar and shipping into Canada would be too expensive. It would cost me almost $200 for that S3.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:49:43 AM

is volume a concern?

I can supply you with SP31 units that are currently hosted in montreal, $2400 CAD+shipping (cheaper if you want more than one). but anything over 75% PSU load they are loud for home use. (at about 60% load they are similar to an SP20 at 20-25% fan speed)

I can probably even sell the colocation slot to you (you buy the miner and take over the colocation (its about $100/kw/month + tax)

No I need them for home mining and the SP31 would be way too loud sorry.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:50:19 AM

I sent you a PM. I hope you are located in Canada

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:55:53 AM

Yes, you can mount stock intel coolers on it if you'd like, kea808 has a few pics of what he did. If the cooler is too weak, though, you might have to downclock in order to keep temps down.

Yes but unfortuantely the cheapest CPU cooler I could find for the 1150 CPU socket was $20 each. So I would need to buy 8 of them and it would end up costing me $160 just for the cooling.

Thanks anyways for the offer.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 02:04:12 PM

Not sure what to sell them at now that I think about it, hardwares cheap now, but if bitcoin jumps, they will sell for gold Smiley
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:43:38 AM

Not sure what to sell them at now that I think about it, hardwares cheap now, but if bitcoin jumps, they will sell for gold Smiley

Yes if only BTC jumps to $1000 or so.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██