View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:28:22 AM

I only have one question: do you guys intend to run off to a tropical paradise with all of your traders funds ?
A simple yes or no will suffice..... Cool

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
IamAGentleman (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:34:02 AM

I only have one question: do you guys intend to run off to a tropical paradise with all of your traders funds ?
A simple yes or no will suffice..... Cool

No.

Longer: visit companycheck.co.uk, search my business, you'll see my name and business address.
EvilDave

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:05:32 AM

Yep, already done most of that, and so far I'm not seeing any massive red flags.
But, this is crypto, so I'm gonna carry on being suspicious........I am going to open an account, though.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 4406

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:08:20 PM

Yep, already done most of that, and so far I'm not seeing any massive red flags.
But, this is crypto, so I'm gonna carry on being suspicious........I am going to open an account, though.

?no red flags ?
1. the company listing is a thing anyone can do. and it costs alot less then a night out on the town

2. if you google "mr n. corkish" lancashire or "mr n. corkish" Skelmersdale the only entry is the exchange.
meaning no real world information to show any profession or anything signifcant.

3. when you do a 192 directory search you find out Nathanial is between 21-24 and lives with his dad named mark.

4. address is a low rent (social housing) area of lancashire and a residential estate (not a webhosting office/commercial address)
meaning: Would you hand funds to a person who you dont know/ever met that lives in a council house with his parents?
meaning: if he is not financially stable/independent to afford his own house or office space. should you be handing money to him?

then we start analyzing the website:

standard template, meaning: its not 100% custom/secure code. (more like copy and paste code and then tweeked after)
main image is of an american city. yet site stipulates its british and not receiving american customers
the security is not a full secure site. comodo is cheap certification, which for a site handling money.. ud expect better
used a .co domain instead of a .co.uk. meaning he couldnt even be bothered to spend £8 and instead bought it for £1

this means he has no professional experience of finance or website design enough to convince real people that he should be running an exchange.
yea maybe he has it for a hobby or done some computer based stuff in college. but i suspect he never done a computer science/finance major in university.

.. oh and i wont post his personal facebook.. but here is an extract of his coding/debugging skills
"So, I was sat looking through my website's code, because I had an error, for 2 hours only to realise my balance was wrong. I'm such a fucking melt. I need sleep."

ill let you decide if your money should be trusted in this exchange.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
IamAGentleman (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:24:39 PM

- Granted, but why if my sole intention was to run away with BTC would I publicly post my address, name etc? I will leave it at that.

EvilDave

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:57:07 AM

I didn't say 'no red flags' ......I said no 'massive red flags'

I've also done some digging, and StreetViewed the address, and came to the same conclusion: guy at his parents house starting a crypto-biz.
To be fair, I've seen far worse things when doing research into crypto-based start ups, and there are many exchanges that are operating on a similar set-up.

None of this means that we should immediately start trusting Cryptxe, though.
Or any centralised exchange  Roll Eyes

But, hypothetically, the advantage of losing money on Cryptxe is that it would be relatively easy (for me) to nip over to Skelmersdale and sit on Cryptxe's doorstep until I got my money back. Try that with BTER........

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: