Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to send 50 btc to 50 addresses untainted  (Read 2675 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 06:29:35 AM

Unfortunately - the only safe way to confirm you are the *sole* holder of a particular private key is to perform a transaction on the blockchain to a new private key...  thus ruining the collectible nature of the coins.. right?

You can confirm you are the holder of a private key by signing a message for its pubkey (this feature is in the current client) but this of course doesn't solve the problem of being the "sole" owner.

Am thinking that perhaps some sort of multisig approach might solve the latter although you'd never be the sole holder of the private key but instead could be recognised by some sort of joint signing with a trusted 3rd party as being the *current* holder.

Unfortunately though one thing you can never stop is people sending trash *to* the collectible address and even a small amount send from the vanity address 1asswipe might slightly devalue your otherwise pristine address.  Grin

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 01:59:36 PM

1asswipe might slightly devalue your otherwise pristine address.  Grin
<evil grin>

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
unclemantis (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:42:27 PM

1asswipe might slightly devalue your otherwise pristine address.  Grin
<evil grin>

1234567890abcdefABCDEFaN1fuUEdvFTU might have a lot more value :-D

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 11:42:05 PM

I'd ask Luke-jr about this. All his pools payouts, no matter how small, are all newly generated coins. I bet you could pay him for 50 BTC1 newly mined blocks. Much cooler than the one transfer idea.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:45:56 PM

I'd ask Luke-jr about this. All his pools payouts, no matter how small, are all newly generated coins. I bet you could pay him for 50 BTC1 newly mined blocks. Much cooler than the one transfer idea.

Direct deposit? Smiley

Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 11:52:26 PM

That's a good idea too because it's much easier for him to accommodate some extra 1BTC payouts than pulling a whole block (which would likely be a real problem).

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:56:11 PM

That's a good idea too because it's much easier for him to accommodate some extra 1BTC payouts than pulling a whole block (which would likely be a real problem).

How does one define the exchange rate of an entire payout block?

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 11:57:48 PM

Direct deposit? Smiley
I think the only requirement for all coins generated in a block is that they sum to 50.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 12:10:58 AM

What do you mean by exchange rate? The price you'd pay for it? That would just be negotiated. If a lot of people starting wanting these you can be sure the price would go up. From a practical point of view it ought not to be higher than using a mixing service for untainted coins. So a few percent seems reasonable. No doubt fanatic desire can wreck havoc with that.

nimda

Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:22:29 AM

Direct deposit? Smiley
I think the only requirement for all coins generated in a block is that they sum to 50.
50 plus the parts of the outputs which weren't sent to an address, i.e. the fees
unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:27:21 AM

What do you mean by exchange rate? The price you'd pay for it? That would just be negotiated. If a lot of people starting wanting these you can be sure the price would go up. From a practical point of view it ought not to be higher than using a mixing service for untainted coins. So a few percent seems reasonable. No doubt fanatic desire can wreck havoc with that.

What does a deposit look like after a mixing service? Do you have an example transaction?

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 12:57:10 AM

What does a deposit look like after a mixing service? Do you have an example transaction?
I've never used one.

But blockchain.info offers one now built in to the wallet for 1.5%. You can send or receive a transaction as anonymous and that routes it thru the mixer which they claim guarantees 0% taint (I think). It's worth trying that to see how it works since it's very easy.

If you haven't explored the blockchain.info wallet I'd really recommend it. It offers a lot more functionality than the standard client, has good security as long as you make sufficient backups, and it looks real pretty too.

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:01:36 AM

I've never used one.

But blockchain.info offers one now built in to the wallet for 1.5%. You can send or receive a transaction as anonymous and that routes it thru the mixer which they claim guarantees 0% taint (I think). It's worth trying that to see how it works since it's very easy.

If you haven't explored the blockchain.info wallet I'd really recommend it. It offers a lot more functionality than the standard client, has good security as long as you make sufficient backups, and it looks real pretty too.

I am using it for their Merchant services. Smiley

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:05:59 AM

If i want to send EXACTLY 1.0 btc how do i do this?

http://www.blockchain.info/wallet/send-anonymously

Do i have to do the math and send EXACTLY 1.0155? Ho does this work out?

And if i send exactly 1.0 will i get a SINGLE 1BTC transaction or will it be several partial btc to = 1btc?

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 01:09:50 AM

Not sure. Here is the info page about it. It's an option on the send page. You could send a BTC to your self and see if it arrives with no connection at all from your self.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-anonymously

edit: just checked. When sending you enter 1 btc and it calculates the actual transaction amount from that. You can also create a receive address that is anonymous. Any payment received on that address is mixed and forwarded to another real address you have (no doubt the fee is removed on the way so you would have to have extra sent to you).

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:14:13 AM

Not sure. Here is the info page about it. It's an option on the send page. You could send a BTC to your self and see if it arrives with no connection at all from your self.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-anonymously

I kinda have 0.98734 btc in my wallet and under 1btc spread out in the blockchain.info wallet for an application i am building

I do have more, but they are in cold storage and I am not going to bust open the piggy bank to try LOL.

Now... if you want to try it, that would be great Smiley

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 01:42:20 AM

Bitcoin collectables

i like your idea.

buying a newly minted block

but you have to trust the miner

maybe if one of the big miners offered this i might buy a block or 2  Tongue

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 09:15:49 PM

My first experience with Blockchain.info's mixing service.

FAIL!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96227.0

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: